Sudden Black Screens. Need Help.

vern021

Sudden black screen during gaming. Audio is still working. Display is dead. Can't type(I can hear if I'm typing in game). Currently using a GT420 (Don't mind my sig atm currently upgrading)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Driver might have crapped on you, card may have overheated and shut down for it to cool off, cable fell loose?

if it was a driver problem it normally resets (the driver while playing) its self

does this only happen in games ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

maybe the driver fucked up or the gpu overheat 

try click the restart button on the case it work or not

if not check the gpu is overheat

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

I have had a kinda similar issue. It turned out that the graphics card was dying. If you have another graphics card, try using that and if the problem stops. If it does then its time for a GPU upgrade.

or (this stupid step) check the monitor cable 

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Sudden black screen, need help!.

Don't be racist! :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Driver might have crapped on you, card may have overheated and shut down for it to cool off, cable fell loose?

if it was a driver problem it normally resets (the driver while playing) its self

does this only happen in games ?

maybe the driver fucked up or the gpu overheat 

try click the restart button on the case it work or not

if not check the gpu is overheat

I have had a kinda similar issue. It turned out that the graphics card was dying. If you have another graphics card, try using that and if the problem stops. If it does then its time for a GPU upgrade.

or (this stupid step) check the monitor cable 

Don't be racist! :P JK

Or bring it in under warranty since its a R9 270 

Oh fck I forgot!!!! My video card is currently a GT420

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

This only happened this week. Been using this rig since the last few weeks. How can I revert to the old driver? It may be a driver issue right?

Spoiler

This only happened this week. Been using this rig since the last few weeks. How can I revert to the old driver? It may be a driver issue right?

go to guru3d and get driver sweeper

wipe that driver out

and then try getting the latest driver

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I've found the problem. GPU's running at 105c.Need to upgrade to a 970 very soon.

Spoiler