Best DSLR for video for no more than 5000€ .

So I want to upgrade my Sony RX 100 III (I'll still be using it for my vlogs but I want to replace the camera for my tech channel.)

The RX 100 III is very good IMHO but it doesn't feel appropriate considering how much money I'm making with Youtube.

Last month I made rougly 5000€ and that is why I want to invest them 5k € in a new camera. 

I'll be using it for filiming mostly. 

I'll not link my Youtube channel. I have stated why I don't do this is previous posts. 

Thanks.

Whats your job to earn 5k 

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Whats your job to earn 5k 

Youtube. ;)

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

can you at least tell us in which language you do videos?

english, german or french?

German. A lot of the german tech folks here know my videos but simply aren't aware of me producing them. I've even been linked a video of mine to proof a point that somebody was making. 

7D Mark II but it hasnt been released yet i think :(

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Unable to read huh? 

I'm tired :c

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Also could I please get reponses about the question not about the Youtube side of things? 

There is only a single helpful post in this thread atm. 

@SeanAngelo Looks good. I'll look into that one. Thanks. 

Also could I please get reponses about the question not about the Youtube side of things? 

There is only a single helpful post in this thread atm. 

@SeanAngelo Looks good. I'll look into that one. Thanks. 

why do you want a dslr?

why do you want a dslr?

The RX 100 III is very good IMHO but it doesn't feel appropriate considering how much money I'm making with Youtube.

Said that in the OP. 

the 5d mark3 appears to be the dslr for video shooting, costs around 3000$ without lenses.

additional gear idea's/tips with leftover  money.

not sure if that's the right video, might have to look around their channel for more things, he now uses a c100 but used a  5d mark 3 for a long time(and a mark 2)

if you are looking for something that uses the (mini)HDMI as output on a DSLR get a ninja blade, it gives you a better view and more options.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Panasonic gh4

Its technically a mirrorless but it does 4k

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Panasonic gh4

And what lens to along with it? 

Panasonic gh4

that seems a good option to for OP, altough personally i do say that 4k isn't really needed yet since most screens don't support it and/or the bandwith doesnt allow that for most people.

according to this it records 4k in 24fps, wich is a good number for recording, but knowing most pc people...(more fps=better)

still a good suggestion thou.

And what lens to along with it? 

for lenses i would go with a tamron or leica(if possible, otherwise use same brand as dslr) 50mm for person shots(20mm-70mm for a bit more play with distance)

for wide/distance shots i would go with tele-zoom, roughly 100mm-200mm.

brands are open for your personal choice, since these vary quite a bit with each camera brand(tamron and leica seem to be the best)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So just a little bit of thoughts on the whole gh4 vs 7d mk2 vs somthing like a 5d mk 3 or d810 if your looking for a high end camera to take professional grade video you have to pay attention to the crop factor. Now i don't know what type of videos you make so this might not be an issue for you but with a gh4 you have a 2x crop will double your aperture and you lose 2 stops of low light performance as well as the shallow dof that fast lenses give you. (why do i feel like these are going to be fighting word)

Personally if i were you and I wanted a professional film look i would pick up a d810 which will give you 1080p at 60fps and for lenses there are two different paths you can take if you want easy auto focus lenses you can pick up some primes somthing like a 35mm 50mm and 85mm give you a little bit to work with video. On the other hand if you want a cinema line of lenses rokinon makes a line of cine lenses, now these aren't autofocus but if you have a camera operator or have experience with focus pullers these lenses offer declicked apertures and gears for pullers with a dedicated aperture ring.

On the other hand if you want somthing simple the GH4 is still a great camera and would more than likely be less of a production to use.

Edit: Another nice thing about the d810 is that if you do a little photography as well you'll have what is arguably the best dslr currently available which kind of makes me sad cause i shoot canon.

Edit 2: oh and one more thing B&H actually has a filmmakers kit for the d810 that comes in about 10 dollars shy of 5k US dollars so im not sure the conversion rate. this gives you a shotgun mic an atomos which allows you to output uncompressed video to a drive plus it has the 35mm 50mm and 85mm nikon lenses some filters and 2 extra batteries

As video dslr I would go for a Nikon D810 (with whatever fits your lens needs regarding your budget), but since you are going to use it for vlogging (I assume walking and talking) that would be a bit of a heave camera to hold and point at yourself. So for vlogging I would say fujifilm x100s with an xf 18mm F2 and/or a carl zeiss tout 32mm f1.8.

If you want a bit more freedom in post production I think you can go for a black magic 2.5k pocked (or whatever its called) and then go with whatever canon lens fits your needs.

Edit: I can also really recommend Røde stereo mics (I think investing a bit in sound does way more than upgrading a videocamera in most cases)

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

So just a little bit of thoughts on the whole gh4 vs 7d mk2 vs somthing like a 5d mk 3 or d810 if your looking for a high end camera to take professional grade video you have to pay attention to the crop factor. Now i don't know what type of videos you make so this might not be an issue for you but with a gh4 you have a 2x crop will double your aperture and you lose 2 stops of low light performance as well as the shallow dof that fast lenses give you. (why do i feel like these are going to be fighting word)

Personally if i were you and I wanted a professional film look i would pick up a d810 which will give you 1080p at 60fps and for lenses there are two different paths you can take if you want easy auto focus lenses you can pick up some primes somthing like a 35mm 50mm and 85mm give you a little bit to work with video. On the other hand if you want a cinema line of lenses rokinon makes a line of cine lenses, now these aren't autofocus but if you have a camera operator or have experience with focus pullers these lenses offer declicked apertures and gears for pullers with a dedicated aperture ring.

On the other hand if you want somthing simple the GH4 is still a great camera and would more than likely be less of a production to use.

Edit: Another nice thing about the d810 is that if you do a little photography as well you'll have what is arguably the best dslr currently available which kind of makes me sad cause i shoot canon.

Edit 2: oh and one more thing B&H actually has a filmmakers kit for the d810 that comes in about 10 dollars shy of 5k US dollars so im not sure the conversion rate. this gives you a shotgun mic an atomos which allows you to output uncompressed video to a drive plus it has the 35mm 50mm and 85mm nikon lenses some filters and 2 extra batteries

1080p/60fps will not necessarily give you a 'professional film look.' What gives the 'film' look is 24fps and a 180* shutter angle. 1080p/60fps is great for fast action/motion activities (sports, for example) but for more 'talking head' type of video, 24fps, or 30fps for that matter, is more than acceptable.

Also, you don't necessarily lose 2 stops of light with a 2x crop sensor. Yes, there is inherently less sensor to receive light than a full frame, or even an APS-C sensor, but in practice, it doesn't make much difference. Any 'fast' lens still gives you plenty of light and shallow depth of field. There are even f/0.95 lens options available as well. And then there is the MetaBones SpeedBooster, which cuts back on the crop factor/light loss of a m4/3 sensor with legacy lenses. If you plan on shooting a lot of low light, definitely go with a bigger sensor. But for your average shoot with proper lighting, any camera will expose the image just fine. And as far as depth of field goes, you're right, but I never have thought, 'I need the background even blurrier,' in shooting with my GH2. 

If I were you, OP, I'd go with a GH4. Noctor/SLR Magic have some great (but kind of pricey) fast primes for m4/3, in 'Cine' (clickless aperture/geared aperture & focus rings) and regular flavors. Panasonic and Olympus have really gotten a lot of good backing from lens-makers to support the micro 4/3 standard. Even some of the 'cheap' brands like Sigma, are putting out good glass. And then there is the range of easily adaptable and cheap legacy lenses, like Canon FD mount, M42 mount and even C-Mount lenses.

1080p/60fps will not necessarily give you a 'professional film look.' What gives the 'film' look is 24fps and a 180* shutter angle. 1080p/60fps is great for fast action/motion activities (sports, for example) but for more 'talking head' type of video, 24fps, or 30fps for that matter, is more than acceptable.

Also, you don't necessarily lose 2 stops of light with a 2x crop sensor. Yes, there is inherently less sensor to receive light than a full frame, or even an APS-C sensor, but in practice, it doesn't make much difference. Any 'fast' lens still gives you plenty of light and shallow depth of field. There are even f/0.95 lens options available as well. And then there is the MetaBones SpeedBooster, which cuts back on the crop factor/light loss of a m4/3 sensor with legacy lenses. If you plan on shooting a lot of low light, definitely go with a bigger sensor. But for your average shoot with proper lighting, any camera will expose the image just fine. And as far as depth of field goes, you're right, but I never have thought, 'I need the background even blurrier,' in shooting with my GH2. 

If I were you, OP, I'd go with a GH4. Noctor/SLR Magic have some great (but kind of pricey) fast primes for m4/3, in 'Cine' (clickless aperture/geared aperture & focus rings) and regular flavors. Panasonic and Olympus have really gotten a lot of good backing from lens-makers to support the micro 4/3 standard. Even some of the 'cheap' brands like Sigma, are putting out good glass. And then there is the range of easily adaptable and cheap legacy lenses, like Canon FD mount, M42 mount and even C-Mount lenses.

Sorry the 60fps thing must have been a misunderstanding i didn't mean it would give a film look I was trying to say that 4k video still seems like its far from being adopted wide spread unless Internets gets some serious upgrades and windows 9 implements some serious usability upgrades for 4k. So 1080p is still perfectly fine and Nikon offers 30 or 60.

Fair point with the DOF and can see where past a certain point it doesn't really matter and can be quite a hindrance in some situations.

Oh and mentioning cine lenses from what I've seen Rokinon makes lenses unmatched at their price point.

Sorry the 60fps thing must have been a misunderstanding i didn't mean it would give a film look I was trying to say that 4k video still seems like its far from being adopted wide spread unless Internets gets some serious upgrades and windows 9 implements some serious usability upgrades for 4k. So 1080p is still perfectly fine and Nikon offers 30 or 60.

Fair point with the DOF and can see where past a certain point it doesn't really matter and can be quite a hindrance in some situations.

Oh and mentioning cine lenses from what I've seen Rokinon makes lenses unmatched at their price point.

Ahh, yeah you are right as far as content delivery. I've heard rumblings of the H.265 codec making 4K streaming more of a reality with the network capacities at the present; but I have no idea how long it will be until it's in practice. However, if you're exporting to a 1080p product from 4K, you have a TON of room for cropping in post to get your final 1080 frame size. But, you do need some pretty serious hardware to really work with 4K.

I think you should get a 4K camera, wich can shoot RAW, (Blackmagic Cnema Camera 4K)

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

So I want to upgrade my Sony RX 100 III (I'll still be using it for my vlogs but I want to replace the camera for my tech channel.)

Last month I made rougly 5000€ and that is why I want to invest them 5k € in a new camera. 

I'll be using it for filiming mostly. 

I'll not link my Youtube channel. I have stated why I don't do this is previous posts. 

Thanks.

Camera: Panasonic GH4 -$1800

Lens: Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 -$880 

With your left over money you could buy some better lighting, a tripod, or maybe even another lens. Hope this helps.  :)