good fan?

themaniac
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Average

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I've heard that they're ok

dangit ninja'd :P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Average

ok thanks

I've heard that they're ok

ok thanks

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Just keep in mind you get what you pay for.

ok

Spoiler

This graph may be useful here.. That fan is on here.  (Cant find it? Hint: it's near the bottom.. like.. way bottom)

51032.png

Sickle flows are notorious for their grossly over-exaggerated specs. I wouldn't get them, even for that price. If you want a cheap fan, go for the Hyperborea or some Gelids. 

Damn, ninja'd by @Aniallation  :ph34r:

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

For the price it's pretty decent. For cheap fans I'd recommend Cougar Turbines or Rosewill Hyperborea's.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

No! They are not! 

Do not get Sickleflows. If you must have LEDs then get Bitfenix Spectre LED, if you can live without them then look into Rosewill Hyperborea or GELID Silent 12

i don't need leds and i did not know that they were sickle flow

Spoiler

No! They are not!

Do NOT get Sickleflows. If you must have LEDs then get Bitfenix Spectre LED, if you can live without them then look into Rosewill Hyperborea or GELID Silent 12

I can vouch for the GELID fans. I own a couple.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

At the price the OP would be getting them I'd take a shot at using them.  Still though the OP hasn't given any real information on the build he or she is using them in.  More information is needed to be of real help here.

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/120mm_and_140mm_fan_comparison,18.html

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yeah it's SickleFlow, one of the worst fans I've ever used.

These are really great fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426016

the specs for the sickleflow has higher cfm and lower dba so how are those better?

Spoiler

the specs for the sickleflow has higher cfm and lower dba so how are those better?

If I told you the specs of this was 400 horsepower and 0-60 in 4 seconds would you believe that too?

1998_toyota_corolla_sedan_ce_fq_oem_1_50

"Rawr XD"

If I told you the specs of this was 400 horsepower and 100 mpg would you believe that too?

1998_toyota_corolla_sedan_ce_fq_oem_1_50

no but i would've thought cooler master would tell the actual specs and not lie

Spoiler

no but i would've thought cooler master would tell the actual specs and not lie

Yeaaaahhhh that didn't happen with the SickleFlow. 

"Rawr XD"

Yeaaaahhhh that didn't happen with the SickleFlow. 

ok but aren't they good for the price and what fans would you recommend than for $5 usd 

Spoiler

Scythe Grand Flex has very good both CFM and Static pressure for lower price than corsair ,http://www.scytheus.com/product/grand-flex-pwm/ and here is a great review for them http://www.coolingtechnique.com/recensioni/74-ventole-rheobus/1310-recensione-scythe-grand-flex-800-1600-e-1900-rpm.html . For that price and that performance you cant go wrong.Or you can go with Delta fans that are the BEST fans for cfm and static pressure but you need earplugs if you dont have a fan controller you will go deaf

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

ok but aren't they good for the price and what fans would you recommend than for $5 usd 

None. The cheapest fans worth getting are the GELID I linked above and the Hyperborea

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-ROCF-11004-Hyperborea-120mm-Case/dp/B006DKEQV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413935033&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperborea+120mm

"Rawr XD"

Spoiler

Ap122

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."