PhotoMath , App which Solves Math Equations using your Smart Phones Camera

useless app, couldnt even solve a simple convolution between a rect function and an awgn

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

God, no offense but you sound like the kids back in my grade 10 class saying "what's the point of 5c5f0ca6d73083c559dcafd98945ec63.png. I'm never going to need to solve quadratics in my life. Just use my graphing calculator for that." If math were to be applied to real life, all you would need is addition, and multiplication. 

Again same question. When in the hell would you need quadratics, and have NO ACCESS AT ALL to a calculator? Especially in this day and age? Other than a math class. We invent tools such as the calculator, so that we can use them and make things easier. I could apply the same logic to a fishing rod, we create it so that we can use it to make catching fish easier and not have to use our hands or a spear, although with that there actually could be a situation in which you need to catch a fish, and not have a fishing rod (a survival situation). But you don't need quadratics to stay alive.

Edit: And yes, I can think of several ways to catch a fish without a fishing rod, but the point still stands. Also, hypothetically if I was an employer, I would feel a hell of a lot better knowing my employee had used a calculator to get an answer, rather than doing it by hand as the margin of error for a calculator is much less

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sometimes you're given to demonstrate different stuff.

way to fight back nineshadow ! 

Somehow the app doesn't work that well for me :P:/

Too bad you cant use cell phones during tests.....

:( :( :(

Uh? Who said that? xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If it can solve integrals, differential eqs, laplace and all that shit then i might give it a shot

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Again same question. When in the hell would you need quadratics, and have NO ACCESS AT ALL to a calculator? Especially in this day and age? Other than a math class. We invent tools such as the calculator, so that we can use them and make things easier. I could apply the same logic to a fishing rod, we create it so that we can use it to make catching fish easier and not have to use our hands or a spear, although with that there actually could be a situation in which you need to catch a fish, and not have a fishing rod (a survival situation). But you don't need quadratics to stay alive.

Edit: And yes, I can think of several ways to catch a fish without a fishing rod, but the point still stands. Also, hypothetically if I was an employer, I would feel a hell of a lot better knowing my employee had used a calculator to get an answer, rather than doing it by hand as the margin of error for a calculator is much less

The average Joe will likely never do anything more complex than basic fractions, percentages, and arithmetic. Having said that, maths has a huge range of applications in so many professional fields you simply cannot just brush it off.

Even if you're not going to go into one of those roles, it's necessary because it teaches analytical and logical thinking with some rather abstract concepts.

It also gives people who may want to go into those roles some exposure to the subject.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

The average Joe will likely never do anything more complex than basic fractions, percentages, and arithmetic. Having said that, maths has a huge range of applications in so many professional fields you simply cannot just brush it off.

Even if you're not going to go into one of those roles, it's necessary because it teaches analytical and logical thinking with some rather abstract concepts.

It also gives people who may want to go into those roles some exposure to the subject.

Oh I'm not against teaching it, I'm against the idea that it's better to do it long hand rather than using the calculator, that's all. I'd prefer just to know how to correctly get the right answer with a calculator as opposed to the excruciating process of doing things by hand (excruciating for me anyways).

I just see nothing wrong with teaching people how to get the correct answer with a calculator, as well as teaching them why the answer is what it is, I just see no advantage to doing things by hand when most of the time if you are doing something that would be more easily done on a calculator, chances are you are going to have a calculator.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs