UPDATED: Hungarian government to impose new "internet tax" in 2015

JcGross
Go to solution Solved by MiChAeLoKGB,

Well, the protests were successfull and there will be no internet tax :)

Lets hope, that other countries will learn from this, and won't even try for such stupid tax.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/eu-warns-hungary-over-internet-tax-plan-1414511855 - EU Warns Hungary Over Internet Tax Plan

http://zahranicni.ihned.cz/zahranicni/-evropa/c1-63036990-orban-se-zalekl-odporu-madarsko-ustoupilo-od-dane-z-internetu - it's in Czech language, but basically, the Orban obviously feeled the protests and he told in radio, that goverment won't impose internet tax. After first protest they came with max. monthly limit for the tax, and after second one it looks like theyre backing up from this idea completly.

But he also told, that there will be public consultation about internet regulation in January.

EU? No. US? Guaranteed, now that the idea exists and the US people won't ever protest anything. 

Doesn't the US technically do this already? :D  The American people already get ripped off big time with internet prices.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Seriously, sometimes I can't believe how such stupid people can actually lead a nation without destroying it in a matter of hours. I mean a tax per gb? WTF? It is like taxing a dollar per thought. A gb is not something physical that you obtain, therefore it cannot be taxed. This is ridiculous. They might as well start taxing bullshit. I bet they will go bankrupt then. Even though I'm not Hungarian, as a citizen of the Earth this is disturbing.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

We've had a small riot after the protest, they've thrown old PC parts at the FIDESZ HQ (FIDESZ if you don't already know is the governing party here). They've even thrown an old CRT monitor through a window. They didn't really care, they are going forward with the modified bill.

DBELO20141026015-1024x683.jpg

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

As I said, there's a big chance that this is bait to cover more important issues and the government doesn't actually want to issue the tax. Plus, the resistance is forming, so we hope they can't get this through even if they are serious about it.

Budapest in flames soon again

The /quote has a S at the end and it broke your thing.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Lets hope, that other countries will learn from this, and won't even try for such stupid tax.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/eu-warns-hungary-over-internet-tax-plan-1414511855 - EU Warns Hungary Over Internet Tax Plan

http://zahranicni.ihned.cz/zahranicni/-evropa/c1-63036990-orban-se-zalekl-odporu-madarsko-ustoupilo-od-dane-z-internetu - it's in Czech language, but basically, the Orban obviously feeled the protests and he told in radio, that goverment won't impose internet tax. After first protest they came with max. monthly limit for the tax, and after second one it looks like theyre backing up from this idea completly.

But he also told, that there will be public consultation about internet regulation in January.

I still maintain that the US will impose the tax, knowing that there won't be a significant amount of opposition. The other European countries are safe, though

Let's stop the progress. That's how I see this. If that tax money would go to improve infrastructure... maybe that would be worth it but it seems just for filling big holes in countries budged.

The problem is, that we (Hungary) already got money for upgrading the infrastructure from the EU. The problem is that they wanted to tax, the internet, and "remove" internet acces from the undeveloped areas.

BTW most money goes to pockets and for building stadiums.

I would also thank everybody for supporting us.

Edited by MrPetya19

lol i use over a terabyte a month if i was there id be paying alot lol

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB