Planetside 2 needs to calm down on the Memory usage.

DarkEnergy

I don't get why Planetside 2 is using so much memory. I get 60+ frames on maxed out settings except for shadows and lighting which I lowered. But after under 10 minutes of playing, the memory eventually maxes out and then I get major frame drops often as the paging file starts getting used. I only have this problem with this game.
This is a screenshot of memory usage after I close the game. As you can see from the line, it goes from 7.8gb ish down to 1.90s. That's pretty much 6gb of RAM for Planetside 2!

xs0pTTl.png

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Not to mention it is one of the most processor intense games i have ever seen

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

For a moment I thought it was only 1.96 gb. 

I believe however that if 1000 players are currently on a server that it's normal that it takes a lot of ram.

Frankly planetside 2 is so insanely awesome, even just from a conceptual standpoint, that it's worth using that many resources.

Seriously.  This game makes bf4 look like childs play.  Every time one of my friends asks me what kind of games PC gaming has to offer, I just let them watch planetside 2, and then remind them that its free.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Planetside 2 is what finally caused me to get up off my ass and transition from XP 32 bit to Win8 64bit and get 12gb of RAM. Yeah, I was a dinosaur in that respect.

What surprises me is how PS2 can get away with this considering the game is only a 32-bit application. The most it should be able to use is 4gb.

Planetside 2 is what finally caused me to get up off my ass and transition from XP 32 bit to Win8 64bit and get 12gb of RAM. Yeah, I was a dinosaur in that respect.

What surprises me is how PS2 can get away with this considering the game is only a 32-bit application. The most it should be able to use is 4gb.

I think they either did some PAE-like trickery within the program, or, like in my case there's a hidden 64 bit client you can use, but it's buggy (set render quality to 96% exactly to get rid of the missing textures/polygons.

Not to mention it is one of the most processor intense games i have ever seen

Good thing you said one of the most. Because Arma is properly the worst.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Good thing you said one of the most. Because Arma is properly the worst.

yea no kidding. tri playing with a duo core -_-

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.