FX-8320 Bad Performance

Facts have a pesky way of gettin' all up in your opinion huh?

no idiot trolls do....

Lol.

You are trying soooo hard. It's cute.

Does Windows handle network communications? And if so, how does it do that if an i5 has the same amount of cores for gaming as an i7?

Unless of course... You're clueless.

You are a clueless condescending jackass get out.

@Tsuki

Clueless about what?

EVERYTHING!

I took time to re-install BF3 today and i made a quick video showing the CPU load on each threads on my core i7

as well as all the good stuff i'm used to show in my videos i think you should have a look at that...

BF3 spreads evenly across all 8 available threads and so does many other games that I've tested i could provide

other videos if you want i have over 10 games ATM that use 6 to 8 threads like this one does, have fun!

(video settings shown at 0:30)

Also please note that i have absolutely nothing running in the background i don't even have anti-virus running or anything

and the recording was done as usual using shadowplay at medium settings (performance hit about 3% on GPU and no effect on CPU)

What are you trying to prove? Just because you have lets say 8 threads with moderate cpu usage doesn't mean you're getting performance of 8 cores. Check the BF3 screenshots I included (which even has one more thread than BF4), but it never takes advantage of 4+ cores/threads where as BF4 does a lil bit.

Also running one thread, you get #core0 at 50% load and apparently #core4 at 44% orsomething reported barely updating at the same time, never ever it reported a core at 100% load. Thread alternated between all the cores like 5000 times in a minute time think again if it's accurate especially if each core value isn't even updated at the same time and threads switching from cores that rapidly fast. Processexplorer shows you how much a thread uses of the CPU, far more accurate.

Look at taskmanager, apparently all cores with a single thread have been busy at the same time >.> HT disabled

FdtM2wW.png

7 threads, rest are nothing so ignoring them. How exactly is it spreading its load across all 8 threads with only 7 actually really using something of the CPU? Spreads evenly? That's something new. There's no such thing in games sadly.

7 threads, rest are nothing so ignoring them. How exactly is it spreading its load across all 8 threads with only 7 actually really using something of the CPU? Spreads evenly? That's something new. There's no such thing in games sadly.

by ''evenly'' i meant that they where spreaded across...not ''evenly'' as the theoritical terms suggest, i'm sorry not being clear enough.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

by ''evenly'' i meant that they where spreaded across...not ''evenly'' as the theoritical terms suggest, i'm sorry not being clear enough.

Ah btw might sounded offensive, didnt realize it..

Ah btw might sounded offensive, didnt realize it..

no its alright bro ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Let this be a warning to all those buying AMD. You get what you pay. AMD is a joke.

my fx 6300 and r9 280x play everything i throw on it just fine. not sure about bf3 since i dont have it installed atm but on bf4 i play 50-60fps cranked to ultra on 64 man maps. my cpu feeds it just fine. Question in the op....why is your gpu fan set at 0? just a curiosity

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Well after seeing all these threads about how bad AMD processors i really dong get it 

My 8350 has NEVER caused me any problems in terms of a bottleneck and stuttering 

my GTX970 runs at 99% for every game ......

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

my fx 6300 and r9 280x play everything i throw on it just fine. not sure about bf3 since i dont have it installed atm but on bf4 i play 50-60fps cranked to ultra on 64 man maps. my cpu feeds it just fine. Question in the op....why is your gpu fan set at 0? just a curiosity

I'm on water. Notice my temps? :P

Well after seeing all these threads about how bad AMD processors i really dong get it

My 8350 has NEVER caused me any problems in terms of a bottleneck and stuttering

my GTX970 runs at 99% for every game ......

Maybe there are defective chips out there? Would make sense if some people are just fine,but there are too many cases out there of fx8350's/20's performing badly for it to just be a freak accident or user error. Especially when combined with R9 290's. Some speculate its a glitch specific to that specific hardware configuration, but those who were trying to uncover this issue gave up and swapped to Intel. So who knows.

Let this be a warning to all those buying AMD. You get what you pay. AMD is a joke.

AMD is just fine. We can't rule out myriad issues given the small amount of information the OP provided.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

a 280X is better than a GTX 760 so why are you getting the same FPS i get in that game ?

Well, you get what you pay for. AMD CPUs are cheap because they suck & bottleneck high-end parts.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Nice to hear someone saying the difference is huge. Usually you have types of this Fooshi guy who basically claim there's no difference: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/236363-i7-4770k-and-280x-or-fx-8350-and-gtx-980/

Ignore him, he's hardcore fanboy.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

ima be honest with you about portland. the air, nice. the green, looks decent enough from through my blinds. the girls, well you just dont get better than west coast girls. the trailblazer though, they've sucked since they lost Stoudamire in 2005.

and i'd greatly appreciate a pm to that link :P

This is where Grimm lives :D

Not good. You should have better fps with that card, but your current CPU is holding back your GPU.

This is where Grimm lives :D

this is also where Tsuki lives

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

this is also where Tsuki lives

Of course, of course

Also, I noticed, AMD FX CPUs bottleneck high-speed RAMs.

maxxmem benchmark. 2400mhz ram on fx 8120 4.5ghz cpu

& my i7 4.2ghz. I even downclocked it to 2133mhz

As we see, difference is huge in memory copy, read, write even if in Intel's rig RAM is downclocked to 2133mhz & CPU is on 4.2GHz comparing to FX's 4.5GHz & 2400mhz RAM.

OP there must be something wrong. My guess driver related because your cpu usage is way higher than mine while gaming. Mine stays somewhere between 40-50%. What motherboard are you using? Does it have decent powerdelivery? 

Intel Core i7 4790k       MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition      Hyperx Fury 4 x 4GB 1866     Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B        EVGA SC GTX970 ACX 2.0     NZXT S340    Samsung 840 500GB     bequiet straight power 10 600w     LG 29UM57-P

Not good. You should have better fps with that card, but your current CPU is holding back your GPU.

i use vsync to cap it. i have no need to let it run nuts. i prefer to cap it rather than see tearing  :)

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

I'm on water. Notice my temps? :P

ahh cool. 

thanks  :D

— Grumpy old man

i use vsync to cap it. i have no need to let it run nuts. i prefer to cap it rather than see tearing  :)

Of course, I use vsync always too, but still it should have better fps than 50.

Of course, I use vsync always too, but still it should have better fps than 50.

thats just a random spike on silk road. i was trying to give a min and max, just trying to be accurate. Most of the time its a solid 60

— Grumpy old man