SPREAD THE WORD: PC gaming myths.

Whoever had those points against PC gaming lol.

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahahhhhh.... I was gonna rage like a dick and rip at you, assuming you only read the myth titles and assumed I was the peasant. Good save Dutchess, gooooood save. Thanks for clarifying.

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

It's all true except 8, local co-op gaming on PC is dead.

that may be, but the person I'm addressing in this topic spoke under the implication that local coop on pc was impossible. It is possible, and I have friends over quite often to play local games. Maybe I'm just one of the few that stI'll play local every now and then

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

In short, your friend is like any other and the reason why PC Elitist sprang into existence in the first place:

It was unbearable to hear those dudes spouting all that nonsense.

I remember friends claiming Consoles had better graphics for example for almost all my life.

It wasn't until maybe 4 years ago that the public perception changed even on the streets and not only in the internet. I remember being called restarted and stupid on the internet for claiming the PC had better graphics way after Crysis even.

Of course that wasn't on PC dedicated forums but some PS and Multiplattform sites.

All in all they are like lemmings. They hear or see something on TV (maybe even 8 years ago) and take it on face value. Or they are simply a sucker for ads.

No one can argue it's solely their fault for being misinformed. Sony and sadly even Microsoft put a shitload of effort and money into it so that the perception of consoles being something superior could exist in the first place.

All in all: If you have such a friend stop arguing with him. Invite him over after you connected your PC to the Television and just play some graphically impressive games, maybe something like Rise. After that show him some teamplay in Arma or BF, something like that.

He most likely wont change his attitude but it will eat on him for a while.

Why did you have to tell us all this? We already know this shit man, you should go on the IGN forum and say this!

that may be, but the person I'm addressing in this topic spoke under the implication that local coop on pc was impossible. It is possible, and I have friends over quite often to play local games. Maybe I'm just one of the few that stI'll play local every now and then

If I knew any games

Why did you have to tell us all this? We already know this shit man, you should go on the IGN forum and say this!

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post pc gaming related topics in a pc gaming forum D:. You may already be aware of these issues, but the fact is that the issues are still occurring and now stronger than ever. Your snarky comment belongs in the asshat forum.

Myth 10) BUILDING A PC IS HARD

Buuuuulllll... shhhhhiiiiittttt!!!!!

I was 8 when I built my first rig in 1996, back when you had to install drivers for basically everything (including mice and some newer keyboards at the time) and Windows 95 had JUST been released. Since then building PC's has gotten easier to the point of "pick your parts, make sure they match and won't kill each other, READ THE FUCKING MANUAL, and grab a screwdriver!". >.>

(added in Myth there so I'm debunking it and not attacking you directly OP)

I was 8 when I built my first rig in 1996, back when you had to install drivers for basically everything (including mice and some newer keyboards at the time) and Windows 95 had JUST been released. Since then building PC's has gotten easier to the point of "pick your parts, make sure they match and won't kill each other, READ THE FUCKING MANUAL, and grab a screwdriver!". >.>

Yup its as simple as plug the thing into the thing and screw in the thing into the thing.

Yup its as simple as plug the thing into the thing and screw in the thing into the thing.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post pc gaming related topics in a pc gaming forum D:. You may already be aware of these issues, but the fact is that the issues are still occurring and now stronger than ever. Your snarky comment belongs in the asshat forum.

I've been here way longer than you have, I've had a previous account. I know this forum more than you do. We don't want to read this shit. We've heard it so many times, and we're sick of it. Everyone on this forum already knows these things, and have heard them many times before. You've basically created a useless thread that served no purpose.

Imagine if I made a thread about how alienware is overpriced. Everyone would be like "yeah wot m8". It's a very well known thing in the pc gaming community, my thread would be useless. Telling console gamers that they're wrong may be fun at times but don't come here telling us things we already know!

I've been here way longer than you have, I've had a previous account. I know this forum more than you do. We don't want to read this shit. We've heard it so many times, and we're sick of it. Everyone on this forum already knows these things, and have heard them many times before. You've basically created a useless thread that served no purpose.

Imagine if I made a thread about how alienware is overpriced. Everyone would be like "yeah wot m8". It's a very well known thing in the pc gaming community, my thread would be useless. Telling console gamers that they're wrong may be fun at times but don't come here telling us things we already know!

Oh please continue to pinch your nipples over your time spent on these forums, oh grand master. Try ignoring a post you aren't interested in, instead of attacking it.