So basically, this is my GPU - ec0d386dd0.jpg

I've had it for a little over 3 years and it's been doing this the whole time. I'm looking at upgrading to the Gigabyte 970 G1 and basically my question is: Do Gigabyte cards sag much?

(I only just put everything into this new case yesterday.)

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

It doesn't sag a lot for me

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Route the PCIE cable through the back of the motherboard tray and come from above the GPU, it should help quite a bit.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ahh, I haven't seen the Asus sag in a while.

The gigabyte card might sag but I don't it'll do it by that much.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Grab some lego and make a nice support strut. 

:D

i have had my 680 direct cu ii for around the same amount of time as you but it isn't as bad, anyway the g1 card is lighter so it shouldn't be that bad 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You could also try *ahem* "modding" your case to have room for a small support.

Grab some lego and make a nice support strut. 

:D

My god this suggestion xD

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Holy Sheet thats a lot of sag. 

Thing is, It's WAY worse in person..

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Route the PCIE cable through the back of the motherboard tray and come from above the GPU, it should help quite a bit.

I think I will actually try this.

I think I will actually try this.

Glad to help!

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

OOOO one more post then your at 500 xD 

You mean like this post right here?

Big heavy cards tend to do that... backplates usually help a bit.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I've had it for a little over 3 years and it's been doing this the whole time. I'm looking at upgrading to the Gigabyte 970 G1 and basically my question is: Do Gigabyte cards sag much?

(I only just put everything into this new case yesterday.)

Get a piece of wood or round plastic and prop up your gpu from the underside. Spray paint the wood or plastic black, it might look odd but it will stop your card warping and putting too much stress on your card.

Ive had to do it in the past and it worked pretty good.   

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

Im sure the 970 G1 wont sag as much and the backplate it has should help with strength.

I have the same 680 card now and i used cable ties on the end and connected them to the card and the Rom tray above it

23j1yk3.jpg

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Glad to help!

It didn't do anything at all. I tried routing them over the top of where the motherboard cable is coming out. I pulled it behind the tray and tried cable tying it into place but it didn't do anything. 

Honestly I'd get the 970 right now if I had the money.

It didn't do anything at all. I tried routing them over the top of where the motherboard cable is coming out. I pulled it behind the tray and tried cable tying it into place but it didn't do anything. 

Honestly I'd get the 970 right now if I had the money.

If you don't need to upgrade just prop up the gpu with some painted wood or plastic.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

If you don't need to upgrade just prop up the gpu with some painted wood or plastic.

I was going to upgrade even before I was reminded of the sag.

Looks like one of those triple slot 680's. Ironically, the next generation of DCUII cards that came afterwards had backplates to increase rigidity. Truth be told it isn't going to break your card even though that is a pretty big sag. If you're concerned about looks you should start somewhere else. I had a 560Ti DCUII and there was enough space beneath the card to squeeze the 6-pin cables underneath and around the back. You shouldn't even have to do that though, you've got the NZXT H440, why are your cables routed from the front and not the grommets behind? The whole point of a chassis like that is to have proper cable management.

As far as GIGABYTE goes they tend to go full plastic so I can't imagine their cards having any kind of sag.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

I was going to upgrade even before I was reminded of the sag.

Ah ok, well good call then.

Looks like one of those triple slot 680's. Ironically, the next generation of DCUII cards that came afterwards had backplates to increase rigidity. Truth be told it isn't going to break your card even though that is a pretty big sag. If you're concerned about looks you should start somewhere else. I had a 560Ti DCUII and there was enough space beneath the card to squeeze the 6-pin cables underneath and around the back. You shouldn't even have to do that though, you've got the NZXT H440, why are your cables routed from the front and not the grommets behind? The whole point of a chassis like that is to have proper cable management.

As far as GIGABYTE goes they tend to go full plastic so I can't imagine their cards having any kind of sag.

It's a 6950. I know what you mean, but I'm just leaving it until I can get a new card.

I'm more worried about the PCI-E slot than the card. Anyhow, you can hold up one end with fishing line, and make sure you pull it up a bit higher than level, just a tad because fishing line will stretch a little.

I'm more worried about the PCI-E slot than the card. Anyhow, you can hold up one end with fishing line, and make sure you pull it up a bit higher than level, just a tad because fishing line will stretch a little.

Same, though the slot is bent, it's basically unnoticeable unless you have your head in my rig. So a new card should be fine in there.

And if REALLY necessary I can just put in in the lower slot but I wont have to. (300th post) YAY