9.2 Surround System

mangafas

30cx18n.jpg

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

2x Front speakers, regular speakers (2.0)

2x Subwoofers

1x Center speaker

4x rear speakers (7.1)

2x speakers in the front that's above the stereo speakers

post-113573-0-59706100-1412151605.jpg

oh cmon you beat me to it :(

:P To be fair that picture doesn't have two subs, but it gives him the idea. I couldn't be bothered to find an exact copy. :D

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

:P To be fair that picture doesn't have two subs, but it gives him the idea. I couldn't be bothered to find an exact copy. :D

:)

post-113573-0-13716700-1412151781.gif

I actually posted that picture first, but I edited it to show the one that's there now. I liked the picture you and I posted better. Well, until you just edited that new one in.  :D

Do you guys know some good floor standing speakers and a good center speaker?

Edited by mangafas

What's the extra 2 front speakers for? I'm guessing from the naming, it's to add 'height/altitude' to the sounds, is that right? Also are there movies that's already got the 9.2 sound channels around, or is it still simulated in the AV receiver?

What's the extra 2 front speakers for? I'm guessing from the naming, it's to add 'height/altitude' to the sounds, is that right? Also are there movies that's already got the 9.2 sound channels around, or is it still simulated in the AV receiver?

Yes that's correct. It's kinda to add height to it. But there are no movies supporting it, it's simulated by your AV receiver.

Yes that's correct. It's kinda to add height to it. But there are no movies supporting it, it's simulated by your AV receiver.

Thanks. That's 1 new thing I learned today :)

I always thought there's no point on going beyond 7.1, but I guess it has started to go that way....

I always thought there's no point on going beyond 7.1, but I guess it has started to go that way....

My thoughts are 4.0, but for some reason people making movies wanted to go to 5.1

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Most things including game don't go above 5.1 some bluray every now and then will do 7.1 but even that is rare. This is why when I got a new receiver I save money and went 5.1 and well i only had that many good speakers anyways.

My thoughts are 4.0, but for some reason people making movies wanted to go to 5.1

Which 4.0? Quadraphonic, 4 speakers in each corner or the actually more common in theatres and stuff: FL, FR , C, R

Thanks. That's 1 new thing I learned today :)

11.2 is pretty common at the high end. Dolby Atmos is raising that number further though.

Consumer Atmos hardware is supposed to max at 24.1.10 (aka 34.1). Professional Atmos gets to 61.3

Dolby Atmos releases should have height information. Transformers 4 Bluray was released yesterday with an Atmos soundtrack. Others are expected to follow.

11.2 is pretty common at the high end. Dolby Atmos is raising that number further though.

Dolby Atmos releases should have height information. Transformers 4 was released yesterday with an Atmos soundtrack.

Our grandchildren will watch Frozen in a 100.25 system.... :wacko:

Which 4.0? Quadraphonic, 4 speakers in each corner or the actually more common in theatres and stuff: FL, FR , C, R

quadraphonic 

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Or with oculus and headphones. Maybe that simulates an IMAX experience.  ;)  ;)

quadraphonic

but center channel is very important.

Minimum Consumer Atmos setup (below left) vs. 24.1.10 Consumer Atmos setup (below right)

atmos.jpg

Which is the setup of a 9.2 surround system?

Dolby atmos setup is good,try researching it.