Rad space question

Sateda

Hey.

im planning to watercool my current setup in the near future but i might have a problem.

Current rig:

I7 4770k

Asus maximus VI formula

Asus GTX 780 DCII OC

16GB kingston hyperx 1600Mhz

antec khüler 650

1TB samsung HDD

2TB samsung HDD

250GB samsung EVO

Corsair TX750 (Will be replaced with evga supernova g2 750W)

Corsair air 540

i have fallen in love with the new Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and i really want to watercool my rig in it but might have problems with rad space.

is a 360 rad in the top enough to cool my cpu and gpu?

since i have 2 HDD i cant remove the HDD cages and add a 240mm radiator to the front.

i want to place a bitpower water tank Z-Multi res on the included res mount(on the side on HDD cage) but im not sure if it wil fit with my gpu, anyone who can tell me if it will fit?

Best Regards

Sateda

Welcome to the forum.

A 360 rad is good for just a cpu or just a gpu. If you going to overclock your parts you will need more rad surface area.

To get better temps you will need that 240mm rad you mentioned. Or find a case with better water cooling options.

Can you fit a bigger rad in the top of the case?

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

you could squeak by adding a 120/140 in the exhaust position which would give you four fans exchanging heat

Welcome to the forum.

A 360 rad is good for just a cpu or just a gpu. If you going to overclock your parts you will need more rad surface area.

To get better temps you will need that 240mm rad you mentioned. Or find a case with better water cooling options.

Can you fit a bigger rad in the top of the case?

i thought so.

i think i read somewhere that it can support a 420mm rad.

you could squeak by adding a 120/140 in the exhaust position which would give you four fans exchanging heat

it a 120mm + 360/420 is enough then it would be an option.

the only other option i see is removing my dvd drive which i might do anyway:P and mount my 2 HDDs in the 5.25" bays but i have no idea what kind of brackets i would need for the HDDs.

i thought so.

i think i read somewhere that it can support a 420mm rad, but i only know of 1 or 2 made my alphacool that is of that size.

Then i would use those alphacool rads. Awesome rads by the way. The thicker the rad the better, it might be able to do a cpu and gpu.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

You can probably do a 360 in the top and a 240 in the bottom. If the watercooling options are a bit like in the Primo.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Last year in autumn (when the 4770K was already around) the rule of thumb around here used to be one 120 per component, plus one extra... so CPU+GPU+Extra = 3x120=360. When did that change to "a 360 is just enough for the CPU"? In my (limited) experience, temperature is not going to be the limiting factor in OC'ing (at least CPU-wise), but voltage is (didn't want to go past 1.3V on the Haswell, even though temps still had some room - an that chip wasn't a good OC'er).

Ok, personally I installed 360+240 right from the beginning, for CPU+GPU+Mainboard - but I considered it a bit overkill. I just wanted to keep things really quiet (plus being prepared for SLI, should I decide to go that route.) I might even add a 140 or two later - again very likely overkill - when I go SLI, but since all that space in the huge case won't be filled with drives (in the end there'll be two SSDs, everything else will be external / NAS), there is still some room left. And I wouldn't say "no" to an OC'ed System with dual SLI that stays extremely silent, even under load... but that's still in the future. Plus I just love tinkering with things... and I seem to be infected with the watercooling bug, too (even though price/performance is horrible). :D

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

You can probably do a 360 in the top and a 240 in the bottom. If the watercooling options are a bit like in the Primo.

sadly from what i read about it a 240mm wont fit in the bottom. a 120 is possible if i remove the psu cover but a 240 will conflict with the psu.

Last year in autumn (when the 4770K was already around) the rule of thumb around here used to be one 120 per component, plus one extra... so CPU+GPU+Extra = 3x120=360. When did that change to "a 360 is just enough for the CPU"? In my (limited) experience, temperature is not going to be the limiting factor in OC'ing (at least CPU-wise), but voltage is (didn't want to go past 1.3V on the Haswell, even though temps still had some room - an that chip wasn't a good OC'er).

This is what i heard  aswell but i wanted to be sure since its the first time i watercool.

im considering mounting a hot swap bay in the 5.25 bays and removing the HDD bay but im not sure what to choose or if its even a good idea.

sadly from what i read about it a 240mm wont fit in the bottom. a 120 is possible if i remove the psu cover but a 240 will conflict with the psu.

You can fit a 240 in the bottom, with a PSU in the bottom, but you have to loose the drive bays.

I have the Pro, I have six HDD's in it and I have a front 240 rad installed. You'll need to get a bit creative when mounting it, and use slim fan's, but It does fit. Check my blog to check out some pic's. there not the best, but it can be done.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Fall in love with a bigger case! ;)

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT