My internet is unbearably slow, but whenever i do speedtests, I get my advertised speed.

ThatUser2803

I get about 100Mbps down, 20 up, and when watching YT at 720p, it's constantly buffering. Even on vimeo, it takes about 10 times longer to buffer a video than it does to play it back. I've been downloading a 1MB video for the last 5 minutes and nothing's happening. What's the issue, and how can I fix it? It used to be perfectly fine, but now, it's incredibly irritating.

EDIT: I tried downloading a game through Steam, and the DL speed was fine. It seems to be a few places that it's happening.

use a VPN I guess

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

try using a VPN.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This Link might be helpful

All that's telling me is that I have an above average internet speed.

All that's telling me is that I have an above average internet speed.

Then I'm not sure.  What is your ISP then?

Because he had a hard drive.

Hmm, that's very odd. I have 6 mbps down and 1 up, and I can play a 1080P video without buffering, maybe your ISP is involved?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Better that than to have YT randomly stop buffering and crash which keeps happening to me lately. Try a VPN and see if the results are still the same?

maybe its your pc that is having an issue?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

maybe its your pc that is having an issue?

My Pc is able to download games from Steam at full speed, and I ran CCleaner and cleared browser cache. Anything else?

Okay, so I'm using a VPn and it seems to be working fine. However, is there any way to fix this problem permenantly? I don't want to have to use a VPN.

Okay, so I'm using a VPn and it seems to be working fine. However, is there any way to fix this problem permenantly? I don't want to have to use a VPN.

You need to speak with your ISP it sounds like they may be putting a limit on video streaming. If it worked with the VPN and doesn't with out then it's likely to be them rather than you.

Google your ISP name with your problem. Maybe someone else might also have your issue

If you have fast speeds for everything else, but not YouTube, it's possible that the content delivery server (CDN) is to blame. This use to happen quite often, till more servers were added.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Sounds like those companies don't have proper server bandwidth in you country.