Ivy Bridge i3-3240 vs Haswell Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

So I'm giving my old PC to my mother and making myself a new one ~$500 budget and I was wondering: how does the Haswell Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition compare to the Ivy Bridge Core i3-3240. The i3 will have 4gb ram and onboard graphics, whereas the Pentium will have 8gb ram and a GTX 750 Ti 2gb. All ram is 1600MHz (excluding graphics ram). I will most likely overclock the Pentium to 4.0-4.2GHz. Any information is helpful!

So I'm giving my old PC to my mother and making myself a new one ~$500 budget and I was wondering: how does the Haswell Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition compare to the Ivy Bridge Core i3-3240. The i3 will have 4gb ram and onboard graphics, whereas the Pentium will have 8gb ram and a GTX 750 Ti 2gb. All ram is 1600MHz (excluding graphics ram). I will most likely overclock the Pentium to 4.0-4.2GHz. Any information is helpful!

Hands down Pentium. Not only does 8GB of RAM and dedicated graphics help loads, but Hyper Threading isn't that useful on the i3 for most games (atm everything but battlefield) anyways.

"Rawr XD"

pentium is faster as long as its over 4.2-3ghz

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

personally I would wait but the Pentium is better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I3 for light work and multitasking, no proper gaming.

Pentium for gaming and some work but limited multitasking.

Sothe only question is: do u play games that demand a good gpu ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Ok so Pentium looks very good. Thank you for your input!

P.s. I'm not buying a prebuilt... I'm making it from scratch...