Which gtx 970 version should i buy?

FCesar99

what is the best gtx 970 version?( cant be more than 405 dollars)

USD?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If I'm not mistaken the Gigabyte windfarce 970 is up there, if you can find it for under 405 dollars, or even find it at all.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

i mean idk if you can get one that cheap -_- but i would get the acx, just seems like an overall good product, as we've come to expect from evga.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

EVGA ACX (or SC ACX)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Asus STRIX is the best. Best looks, best build quality, good OCer, lowest noise and one of the cheaper cards.

Go for an EVGA, ASUS, MSI (or gigabyte depending on price). Stock or not depends on the chassis you'll be putting them into.

The new EVGA ACX ones look really nice. I'd get that one if I could.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Go for an EVGA, ASUS, MSI (or gigabyte depending on price). Stock or not depends on the chassis you'll be putting them into.

The new EVGA ACX ones look really nice. I'd get that one if I could.

I like EVGA I have always went with them. To bad the ACX does not have a backplate as that makes it a deal breaker for me.

Gigabyte G1 GAMING ALL DAY EVERY DAY! :D

I don't know why people are recomending that card so much as it looks like an ass abomination.

I don't know why people are recomending that card so much as it looks like an ass abomination.

Looks can be subjective. I personally love the design of the card

Gigabyte_G1_Gaming_GeForce_GTX_970_600.j

It also Overclocks really high and keeps solid temps

Life.exe is missing

Looks can be subjective. I personally love the design of the card

Gigabyte_G1_Gaming_GeForce_GTX_970_600.j

It also Overclocks really high and keeps solid temps

not to mention is has one of the highest boost clocks out of the box, with a lot of overclocking headroom. not normally a fan of windforce, but this time around they put some real effort into it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

not to mention is has one of the highest boost clocks out of the box, with a lot of overclocking headroom. not normally a fan of windforce, but this time around they put some real effort into it.

Yeah I feel the same way. Gigabyte really stepped up their game with this one!

Life.exe is missing

Looks are completely subjective. I find the MSI TFV gorgeous and the Gigabyte horrible, Strix kinda meh and ACX very cool, yes, pun intended.

ACX LOL that has an ugly exposed PCB. The cooler you never see anyway.

I like EVGA I have always went with them. To bad the ACX does not have a backplate as that makes it a deal breaker for me.

They will undoubtedly sell a backplate for it later on. I'm an EVGA fanboy so if the ACX wasn't an option I personally would go for a stock card from EVGA. If not that then I'd go for something from either MSI or ASUS' Strix.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

EVGA have kind of cut corners with this one and as a result it is louder and worse cooling than the offerings from other brands. The best one I've seen a review of so far is the Gigabyte one, and it comes out on top by quite a lot.

EVGA have kind of cut corners with this one and as a result it is louder and worse cooling than the offerings from other brands. The best one I've seen a review of so far is the Gigabyte one, and it comes out on top by quite a lot.

^

This

ACX LOL that has an ugly exposed PCB. The cooler you never see anyway.

I actually see it quite a lot, have a 760T case at a relatively high position from where I sit so I stare at my components to relieve stress :P

I'm one of those visual wh*res who likes to see quite often what I buy and expect it to look nice (subjective of course) . I know this can't be compared to pc components but no one buys a Ferrari only for it's engine. If I buy a gpu for $300-$400 hard earned dollars I expect it to be fast and to look good.

what about the 

Palit GeForce GTX970 4GB ??? 

are they any good compared to the other ones???

what about the 

Palit GeForce GTX970 4GB ??? 

are they any good compared to the other ones???

From what i have read it is hotter and clocks lower. I never really liked palit though and not just cause they are not really available in north America they just seem jankey to me.