western digital re4 gp

themaniac
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

It's enterprise. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It's an outdated low-rpm enterprise sata drive. It's good, but you really should be buying something more suitable for your setup. I highly doubt this is what you're looking for.

It's enterprise. 

which means sorry i'm not very smart with everything about hdd's I know western digital makes great hdd's and the blue and black series are great hdd's

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

which means sorry i'm not very smart with everything about hdd's I know western digital makes great hdd's and the blue and black series are great hdd's

oh wasn't trying to be rude :) Enterprise is really just a consumer hdd with tweaks and a longer warrenty. I'd go with a consumer driver personally though.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It's an outdated low-rpm enterprise sata drive. It's good, but you really should be buying something more suitable for your setup. I highly doubt this is what you're looking for.

well i'm thinking of getting a 2tb hdd and i'm not sure if the black series is worth the extra price only if there was a 2tb caviar blue

Spoiler

oh wasn't trying to be rude :) Enterprise is really just a consumer hdd with tweaks and a longer warrenty. I'd go with a consumer driver personally though.

would you say the black series is worth the extra $80 usd just for an extra tb of storage compared to the blue

Spoiler

would you say the black series is worth the extra $80 usd just for an extra tb of storage compared to the blue

nah i'd say a blue is good enough.

Computing enthusiast. 

nah i'd say a blue is good enough.

ok wish there was a 2tb version of the blue though

Spoiler

well you could get two 1Tb blues

I could do that but I would want to have them connected but afraid of doing raid

Spoiler

I could do that but I would want to have them connected but afraid of doing raid

why RAID? just use one for os, music, anti virus software etc. and the other one for games

why RAID? just use one for os, music, anti virus software etc. and the other one for games

I was already going to get an ssd for the os

Spoiler

The WD RE-GP is essentially an enterprise grade Caviar Green drive. 

Personally, I would go for a Blue/Black/Barracuda over it (they'll probably perform better).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Hi there, the hard drive you have posted a link to, is, as already explained by the other forum members, an enterprise drive from the old series.

The difference between consumer and enterprise HDDs is that the latter have features which lower the rate of unrecoverable data errors on the drive. 

In your case, you could choose from the consumer series. The WD Blue is a suitable option for a normal everyday use of a PC.

If you will be using it mainly for gaming or  photo/video editing, then the WD Black is the one for you. It also comes with a 5-year warranty.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Dorian_WD

Western Digital Representative

http://www.wdc.com/en/