Industrial PPC owners?

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

Please those who owns a Noctua Industrial PPC fan please tell me. Is it worth the premium price is costs?. Because the price is kinda big for a fan.

How does it compare against a Bitfenix Spectre pro?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

they don't perform better than the NF-F12's.

i would go for the noctuas.

but it is propably not worth it.

but spectre pro probably aren't worth it either.

Idk your point there.

I am comparing it to te BF Spectres because those series from bitfenix have been popular for soon 4 years and they cost almost 3x less then the industrial PPC ones..

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

dunno about you, but installed in my rig the new industrials look sexy as hell. really and truly theres no gain/loss on either side, but they sure do look nice

10635909_10205018066630525_4801154786414

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265

Idk your point there.

I am comparing it to te BF Spectres because those series from bitfenix have been popular for soon 4 years and they cost almost 3x less then the industrial PPC ones..

there is no performance difference between the normal NF-F12 and the pcc version.

the normal ones are just 2x the price.

you could just get arctic cooling fans that are three times cheaper than the spectre pro.

premium fans are almost never worth it, but i'd still get them.

there is no performance difference between the normal NF-F12 and the pcc version.

you could just get arctic cooling fans that are three times cheaper than the spectre pro.

okay thx

Premium fans are worth it depending on how much you care about noise. For most people the top end fans are not worth the money, so they go for something not as good like the sp120's.

however for some people who really care about noise pay alot of money for premium fans, I for example would pay £20 per fan. However most wouldn't n

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Premium fans are worth it depending on how much you care about noise. For most people the top end fans are not worth the money, so they go for something not as good like the sp120's.

however for some people who really care about noise pay alot of money for premium fans, I for example would pay £20 per fan. However most wouldn't n

that is so true.

i would as well.

but it is still not really "worth" it, 4x the price for a few decibels. ;-)

they don't perform better than the NF-F12's.

i would go for the noctuas.

but it is propably not worth it.

but spectre pro probably aren't worth it either.

there's about 500rpm different to the 2000rpm ones and they should go lower than the standard ones using PWM because of the motor design. Youd only see the "performance" increase if you were using them above 1500rpm. Remember is basically the same fan just built better.

there's about 500rpm different to the 2000rpm ones and they should go lower than the standard ones using PWM because of the motor design. Youd only see the "performance" increase if you were using them above 1500rpm. Remember is basically the same fan just built better.

Ah @TheProfosist . Please tell me

Are the PCC worth 3x more then the BF Spectre pro ones?

just tell yo opinion

that is so true.

i would as well.

but it is still not really "worth" it, 4x the price for a few decibels. ;-)

Ignore decibel levels, they are all measured differently and therefore unreliable. Honestly the difference between a top end fan and a low-medium range fan in volume is huge, seriously its massive in person, even if the decibel levels disagree. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Ah @TheProfosist . Please tell me

Are the PCC worth 3x more then the BF Spectre pro ones?

just tell yo opinion

If used in the right situation yes. It all depends on their use case, how many you needs, and what your budget is.

I will be upgrading Chibi PC (build in my sig) to the 2000rpm A14's because the case basically only has 2 fans so I need the higher RPM. I tested with the 3000rpm gentle typhoon high speeds that 2000rpm should suffice. Also going up to a 140mm fan will bring more airfliow and static pressure than a 120mm generally. With that ill be able to geo to a 140mm rad as well (grabbing NZXT because thicker rad).

how loud are the 2,000 rpm noctuas ppc industrial

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

how loud are the 2,000 rpm noctuas ppc industrial

I dont know because I want the IP67 ones and well FrozenCPU either hasnt gotten them in stock yet or has already sold out.

they should be just as quiet since they can go down just as low if not lower. I have heard some people say that the bearing is louder though.

If used in the right situation yes. It all depends on their use case, how many you needs, and what your budget is.

I will be upgrading Chibi PC (build in my sig) to the 2000rpm A14's because the case basically only has 2 fans so I need the higher RPM. I tested with the 3000rpm gentle typhoon high speeds that 2000rpm should suffice. Also going up to a 140mm fan will bring more airfliow and static pressure than a 120mm generally. With that ill be able to geo to a 140mm rad as well (grabbing NZXT because thicker rad).

Whichever I get it would be usen on raditors and as casefans...

Whichever I get it would be usen on raditors and as casefans...

All of which are fine for that. If you asking are the industrial noctua's worth the extra. My answer would be yes in certain situations, otherwise get the normal ones as youll save a significant amount of money. As for spectre pro's their a decent higher grade fan. They arnt in the high end/enthusiast category though.

Ignore decibel levels, they are all measured differently and therefore unreliable. Honestly the difference between a top end fan and a low-medium range fan in volume is huge, seriously its massive in person, even if the decibel levels disagree. 

i didnt talk about the decibel levels the company gives you.

of course, there are crap fans out there but i have had good experiences with some low budget fans.

All of which are fine for that. If you asking are the industrial noctua's worth the extra. My answer would be yes in certain situations, otherwise get the normal ones as youll save a significant amount of money. As for spectre pro's their a decent higher grade fan. They arnt in the high end/enthusiast category though.

will think about it

Here is one moar question:

If I put 7x BF spectre pros instead of 7x PPCs.

Here is a statistik:

PPC fans = 16 GB of DDR4 

Spectre pros= 32 GB of RAM

That is the bump...

Look at Noiseblockers, they perform just as good as Noctuas and most of the time better. This was proved on a detailed test which covered every aspect (NF-F12 vs eLoop IIRC). I don't remember the source though. They look better and perform quieter even on higher RPM's. The reviewer even states his opinions on sound quality on the article. :)

Noctuas are good, really good but Noiseblockers look better for %90 of the people and most of the time they perform better while staying more silent. The sample on the review was more silent at 1700-1900 RPM than a Noctua NF-F12 at 1200-1500RPM. 

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

will think about it

Here is one moar question:

If I put 7x BF spectre pros instead of 7x PPCs.

Here is a statistik:

PPC fans = 16 GB of DDR4 

Spectre pros= 32 GB of RAM

That is the bump...

well my main question is why the big just from say a mig grade fan to a very top grade one. There are plenty of good choices in between. Also what do you actually do on your computer as its very likely that 16Gb is going to be plenty.

Look at Noiseblockers, they perform just as good as Noctuas and most of the time better. This was proved on a detailed test which covered every aspect (NF-F12 vs eLoop IIRC). I don't remember the source though. They look better and perform quieter even on higher RPM's. The reviewer even states his opinions on sound quality on the article. :)

Noctuas are good, really good but Noiseblockers look better for %90 of the people and most of the time they perform better while staying more silent. The sample on the review was more silent at 1700-1900 RPM than a Noctua NF-F12 at 1200-1500RPM.

yep they are a good option as well. Ill disagree with your percentage claims but will agree to them being better for certain things in certain situations, which is exactly what I said about the PPC fans.

well my main question is why the big just from say a mig grade fan to a very top grade one. There are plenty of good choices in between. Also what do you actually do on your computer as its very likely that 16Gb is going to be plenty.

Well.

I current have 12 GB in my rig. 16 GB would be enough, just thinking, is those fans really worth that much against moar ram..

Well.

I current have 12 GB in my rig. 16 GB would be enough, just thinking, is those fans really worth that much against moar ram..

Thats for you to decide.

Thats for you to decide.

yep

Build quality is really good. But they don't seem to perform that well when placed as intakes with demciflex dust filter in front! They barely moved enough air, unless you turn up the rpm, which ends up

making A LOT of noise similar to a jet engine!! My Gentle Typhoons perform way better than the Noctua Industrial PPC series; of course, this is only my perspective, others can disagree ;)