Opinions on these 3 cases

Wingfan

1. He's interested in the Mini XL.

Doesn't look as good or have as good of cooling. I for one like the dual rear exhaust fans, and moddability of the case.

He is interested because you mislead him. I'm pretty sure OP's first thought was: "That's a neat mATX case", but the thing is.. It's a huge chassis, almost as big as the Enthoo Primo.

Doesn't look as good? Who are you to tell others what to think about a case? I personally don't like Evolv either, but if other like the looks of it, i'm not the one to judge.

He is interested because you mislead him. I'm pretty sure OP's first thought was: "That's a neat mATX case", but the thing is.. It's a huge chassis, almost as big as the Enthoo Primo.

Doesn't look as good? Who are you to tell others what to think about a case? I personally don't like Evolv either, but if other like the looks of it, i'm not the one to judge.

I find the Fractal cases to be boring. And it is an Matx case. An Matx case is a case made specifically to hold an Matx motherboard, which that one is. Reason, it cannot hold a Full ATX motherboard, and is designed to hold an Matx motherboard.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My vote is: the fractal, enthoo evolv, ft03, pc-v359

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I find the Fractal cases to be boring. And it is an Matx case. An Matx case is a case made specifically to hold an Matx motherboard, which that one is. Reason, it cannot hold a Full ATX motherboard, and is designed to hold an Matx motherboard.

It does not classify as an mATX case.. This is a very innovative design, it looks great and i personally believe this is one hell of a nice case, but it does not classify as a mATX case because this case brings a completely new form factor standard to the enthusiast market. You should get your facts straight, also it is called a mATX and not a Matx.. m stands for micro and M stands for Mega. Now, in order to not confuse people in the future, take a look at sizes and their definition here:

http://www.telecomabc.com/p/prefix.html

ATX is an abbreviation as well, it is not a size or a complete word it has no meaning on it's own, thus ATX and not atx.. It's the abbreviation of:

Advanced Technology eXtended

It does not classify as an mATX case.. This is a very innovative design, it looks great and i personally believe this is one hell of a nice case, but it does not classify as a mATX case because this case brings a completely new form factor standard to the enthusiast market. You should get your facts straight, also it is called a mATX and not a Matx.. m stands for micro and M stands for Mega. 

Thanks for the correction, but it is an mATX case, it only holds either an mATX or ITX motherboard. Just because it isn't ridiculously small like most mATX cases doesn't make it not an mATX case

Thanks for the correction, but it is an mATX case, it only holds either an mATX or ITX motherboard. Just because it isn't ridiculously small like most mATX cases doesn't make it not an mATX case

I'm sorry if i came of offensive to you, i'm not trying to be.. But i think i'll just leave it here, no need for me to spend more time discussing it further with you.

I'm sorry if i came of óffensive to you, i'm not trying to be.. But i think i'll just leave it here, no need for me to spend more time discussing it further with you.

You did not offend at all.

I think ive made my decision.......the Fractal Mini R2. Great water cooling options, removable HDD bays (i dont use HDD's) and 5.25 bays. Looks really nice! Comes with 3 descent fans and has a fan controller. Now i just wait until its on sale at Newegg. 

The Air 240 had a few drawbacks. Water cooling in it isnt ideal (a 240 rad would have to on the front restricting my fan config severly), if i decide to go CrossFire in the future i would need that air from the front. I think if they add an inch or 2 to the width and maybe the height it would be ideal. I do like the design with the power supply and most of the cables hidden.

@airdeano  how is the cable management in the R2? behind the mother board tray looks a little tight

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

To me the Fractal Mini R2 is the best looking one!

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

• 2 weeks later...

So i got my R2 yesterday with an H105, here is what it looks like so far. Still need to do the cable management on the side ugh
@airdeano

post-9191-0-08049100-1412160966_thumb.jp

post-9191-0-60429900-1412160978_thumb.jp

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

@Wingfan

looking great, i smell build log..

Ive never actually did a build log.....but here it is lol

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/225356-new-build-arc-mini-r2-z97/