AMD's Response to the GTX 770 Launch, Intriguing...

I really hope AMD blows it out of the water price/performance wise.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Actually, they are working on the solution right now and it's a driver issue more than anything else. Also, if you search for "AMD Frame Pacing Prototype 2" you'll see that they are achieving great results and that the final driver (Which should be coming soon) will put them at the same level than Nvidia in term of frame rates and frame times even in crossfire.

Actually, they are working on the solution right now and it's a driver issue more than anything else. Also, if you search for "AMD Frame Pacing Prototype 2" you'll see that they are achieving great results and that the final driver (Which should be coming soon) will put them at the same level than Nvidia in term of frame rates and frame times even in crossfire.

Actually that's based on an ancient driver also the guy who first found frame timing said it won't be fixed on hardware level for another 2 generations (might be 3)

The 7970 is a very powerful card, and with a few more driver updates, I'm sure it can easily keep up with the 770, especially considering how insanely OCable the 7970 is ^^ So ya, maybe an anouncement, to keep people from buying Nvidia now to wait for something more awesome?

You assume that the GTX 770 has the final set of drivers despite reports of a ton of issues with the drivers and gpu boost 2.0 not working...

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Itd have to be amazing to convince me not to buy a 770... even their games deal isnt enough to entice me anymore, i always own them all.. and the power consumption, looking forward to it AMD!

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Don't know why but the first thing i thought of when i saw that was Sapphire's Vapor-X line of cards, 8000 series maybe?  :wub:

For Reference \/ \/

sapphire-vapor-x-hd-7950-oc-with-boost-4

Or maybe.. Steamroller?

You assume that the GTX 770 has the final set of drivers despite reports of a ton of issues with the drivers and gpu boost 2.0 not working...

no im just saying what linus has said. im not a fanboy of either i only buy nvidia for power consumption reasons.

i hope its something good

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Don't know why but the first thing i thought of when i saw that was Sapphire's Vapor-X line of cards, 8000 series maybe?  :wub:

For Reference \/ \/

sapphire-vapor-x-hd-7950-oc-with-boost-4

Or maybe.. Steamroller?

It won't be steamroller that is due to launch in 2014 after they change up the Apu's with kaveri i believe its called and get kabini into full production. The 8000s series is most likely if they weren't talking about the richland Apu's which have zero graphics performance boost to trinity. 

I think they will release the new 8000 series in computex. Yesterday Intel did a late night launch of Hawsell in Japan, and had a booth set up in Akihabara, showcasing new motherboards and systems from Japanese pc builder. Two of these systems were provided with hd 8770, and they will be available for purchase @ mid-june. Thus I believe AMD would release new cards in computex.

Lesance DT GS7000-LCi7-GTM, one of the systems that found with hd8770

s190g2.jpg

s190g1.jpg

s190g3.jpg

http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20130602_601950.html (in Japanese)

I think they will release the new 8000 series in computex. Yesterday Intel did a late night launch of Hawsell in Japan, and had a booth set up in Akihabara, showcasing new motherboards and systems from Japanese pc builder. Two of these systems were provided with hd 8770, and they will be available for purchase @ mid-june. Thus I believe AMD would release new cards in computex.

s190g2.jpg

s190g1.jpg

s190g3.jpg

http://akiba-pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/news/20130602_601950.html (in Japanese)

Nice find, I figured they would just knock another 50-100 bucks off the 7970 seeing as it still directly competes with the 770

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Of course AMD is hinting at their new releases. I just hope that they have better pricing.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Perhaps they should get their drivers in order before releasing new gen cards.

This is what everyone is missing. I would rather that AMD wait and not rush the software. Give us one, maybe two more solid driver improvements on the 7xxx series while the rest of the team completes the new driver set for the 8xxx's. 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Well well well, isnt that interesting.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

I've got my hopes up, if this isn't the HD 8000 series a bit of me is going to die 

They said they were going to skip straight to the 9000 series I believe

It should go to 9000 series. 8000 is already out. They are th OEM versions of the 7000 series. :)

The rumours are very mixed right now in terms of the naming conventions that are going to be used.

Initially, the 8000 series was just going to be a rebranding of the 7000 series, for the purpose of being used in OEM built machines (to give the consumer the appearance of "new" when new computers come out). Some of these may have already come out, and that's likely what the HD 8770 is that was in that Japanese machine.

Then there was some speculation that AMD was indeed going to use the 8000 series branding for the new architecture (Volcanic Islands[VI], I believe?).

Now that the rebranded 7000 series cards are starting to come out though, it very much seems like they will, in fact, use the 9000 series branding for VI.

Of course, this is all speculation. Until AMD outright says "This is what VI cards are called", then we're just guessing. VI could end up being called poopidyscoot for all we know.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nice find, I figured they would just knock another 50-100 bucks off the 7970 seeing as it still directly competes with the 770

Called it

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Looks like it just some new apus guys, oh well

Its sad since its barely an improvemnt over trinity. Neat trailer though.

"8000" series cards have shown up in oem builds months ago, they are just re-brands.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

If that's actually all they're bringing to the table after spouting off about competing, that's pretty sad. I mean AMDs CPUs may only be competitive at a price point, but their GPUs have at least been able to stand toe to toe with nVidia's.

Here's hoping they've got a surprise announcement coming up.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-