Any good Android apps for screen/game capture?

Silent_Xaxal

Any recommendations? Am considering doing app denies and game recording, and would like to see if there are any native app options.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Rec. is a 'free' app that dose the job (no audio 5min max, audio 30s, premium version no limits)

but you need android 4.4 and root access 

pretty much all screen-cap apps need 4.4

Any paid apps? I'm willing to pay.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Any paid apps? I'm willing to pay.

Rec. has a premium version,

the free version is more of a demo tbh

Do you have root? If you do, go with Rec. (trial & premium) Other notable ones are SCR Screen Recorder (Free & Pro)and Shou (free, allows streaming to shou.tv website). I recommend you try these ones out, they are all pretty good, but make sure to find one that fits you.

I tried these on a rooted Nexus 7 2013 and this is how I ranked them:

- NOTE: these aren't official and I didn't do like benchmarks or framerate tests, just casual observations. Also, I judged them while recording Modern Combat 4 and swiping around in the launcher.

1) Rec. - smoothest, but only compatible with Android 4.4 (KitKat)

2) SCR Pro - good performance and maybe most popular? But, it's very well built. Compatible with pretty much anything you would bother recording with.

3) Shou - cool with lots of features (I think it required 4.4 as well as it used native recording similar to Rec.), but kinda laggy and my device heated up (esp. when streaming, naturally)

If you don't have root,

a.) Recordable (trial & paid) - allows on device recording without root, but requires a quick setup with your computer (simple)

b.) BBQ Screen (paid) - allows you to stream (almost seamlessly!) to your computer (via Wi-Fi). Then you can just record your computer's screen.

c.) ADB recording (KitKat 4.4) - setup ADB (Google it :)), then (if you use Windows), you can use my batch program from here. I kinda stopped the project after a while... but it should still work. [You don't have to use it, you can just type in the commands manually if you wish.]

I hope this post kind of helped? Happy searching!

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

Note on the ADB recording (in case you didn't click on the link), it doesn't record audio and only supports up to three minutes of recording. If you are going with that method you can edit my batch program to make it repeat itself three times (copy and paste basically). If you need help, just message me.

Also for another way to stream to your computer and record your computer screen, you can use Mobizen (free), but it's kind of weird to use.

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.