G-Sync ROG Swift yes/no

Vfo

ROG Swift is currently $1140 here. I haven't ever had a display with more than 60hz, and I haven't seen G-Sync in person either.

What alternatives do I have? My "do-want" list is fairly tight.

120+hz

must have displayport

thin bezel

must be 27"

2560x1440 (1920x1080 would probably do, but 1440p is so tempting)

5-8ms max (not sure if anything below 5 is noticable as I haven't seen it in person)

It will be the primary monitor, with 2x1920x1080 Samsung Syncmasters (24+27) as secondary.

GPU is EVGA GTX 780 Ti, rest of specs is on my profile if anything else end up being relevant.

Tldr: Alternatives that fit the requirements above, or at least comes close.

theres cheaper alternatives :D but it is a nice monitor, have you ever thought of doing a nvidia surround setup? they are pretty good im using 3x 1080p monitors and i wouldent change it for the world, if not then this would be your best bet for money http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-067-AC 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

It looks amazing, you'll never go back once you try it mate

Yeah 

I am looking to get one myself

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

theres cheaper alternatives :D but it is a nice monitor, have you ever thought of doing a nvidia surround setup? they are pretty good im using 3x 1080p monitors and i wouldent change it for the world, if not then this would be your best bet for money http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-067-AC 

Your link ends up on the front page with no specific path for me.

If you don't need the money for anything else then sure. They seem like pretty good monitors, I'm looking into getting one, I'll probably wait till AMD's freesync comes out though as the price of Gsync monitors will probably drop a bit.

It looks like I will get the Swift - bezels alone could probably convince me in the end anyway. 1440p + G-Sync here I come :))))

Yes if you're rich..

To me, the monitor is worth spending money on - I look at it for extended periods of time, and I absolutely love the idea of G-Sync - It's a big hobby, so in my case, I'm willing to play "rich" for what I really really want. It will last for many years, it should be worth it in the end :)

Your link ends up on the front page with no specific path for me.

oh -.- try this :D http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-067-AC

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Ah Yes, I did look at that - I can't bring myself to even consider buying from Acer. 10-12 years ago all the products I ever got in contact with from them were terrible - I KNOW it's a long time ago and they probably have decent products, but I won't spend my money on that before I get some sort of feel for it in person.

The price is a fair bit better, but 1080p. I still think I'll stick with the Swift. :)

Ah Yes, I did look at that - I can't bring myself to even consider buying from Acer. 10-12 years ago all the products I ever got in contact with from them were terrible - I KNOW it's a long time ago and they probably have decent products, but I won't spend my money on that before I get some sort of feel for it in person.

The price is a fair bit better, but 1080p. I still think I'll stick with the Swift. :)

yea acer did do really bad products a few years ago but ive had my acer monitors 3-5 years now and they are still running golden, touch wood ;D, the rog swift is a really nice monitor but the price is so bad :P 

It is by far the best gaming monitor available but keep in mind that you will not benefit much from the 144hz unless you decrease graphic settings especially at 1440p even with a 780ti, also if you plan on using 1920x1080p resolution for anything, don't.... 1080p looks HORRIBLE on a native 1440p.

If I remember correctly, it has a button to switch between 100/120/144hz on-the-fly. I'll just put it to 100/120 depending on what I'm doing I guess. I woulden't go 1920x1080 in anything really, need all dem sweet pixels :)  Only thing I can think of that would be a minor annoyance is the different resolutions of the monitors I'll have on the sides. I can't simply throw my mouse along the top/bottom of the monitor like I do now, since this one is higher - so I'll hit a wall at the  top/bottom and will have to go down a bit.

Other than that I can't seem to think of anything.

Edit: It's same aspect ratio as 1920x1080, so why would it look bad btw? Won't it simply upscale it like 720p does on 1080p monitors?

If I remember correctly, it has a button to switch between 100/120/144hz on-the-fly. I'll just put it to 100/120 depending on what I'm doing I guess. I woulden't go 1920x1080 in anything really, need all dem sweet pixels :) Only thing I can think of that would be a minor annoyance is the different resolutions of the monitors I'll have on the sides. I can't simply throw my mouse along the top/bottom of the monitor like I do now, since this one is higher - so I'll hit a wall at the top/bottom and will have to go down a bit.

Other than that I can't seem to think of anything.

Edit: It's same aspect ratio as 1920x1080, so why would it look bad btw? Won't it simply upscale it like 720p does on 1080p monitors?

Take your monitor now and set it one resolution down and you'll see, it's blurry, I actually find it painful on my eyes.

Take your monitor now and set it one resolution down and you'll see, it's blurry, I actually find it painful on my eyes.

That is different from running an application in a different resolution though. I would never set the monitor/windows to anything but the monitor's native resolution. In fullscreen/borderless applications it doesn't make much difference (borderless will figure it out by itself somehow). Even in windowed applications, it simply woulden't fill the screen.

Text and other things would still look fine if you still maintained the aspect ratio.

1768x992 would look weird because it's not the same as the monitor.

I might be completely misunderstanding you, but aspect ratio prevents 1920x1080 from being a problem on a 2560x1440 screen to my knowledge?

That is different from running an application in a different resolution though. I would never set the monitor/windows to anything but the monitor's native resolution. In fullscreen/borderless applications it doesn't make much difference (borderless will figure it out by itself somehow). Even in windowed applications, it simply woulden't fill the screen.

Text and other things would still look fine if you still maintained the aspect ratio.

1768x992 would look weird because it's not the same as the monitor.

I might be completely misunderstanding you, but aspect ratio prevents 1920x1080 from being a problem on a 2560x1440 screen to my knowledge?

Well just to see, while playing metro redux I put the resolution down to 1920x1080p and it looked really bad, a lot worse then it would have on a native 1080p monitor.