budget building....

BurgerBum
Go to solution Solved by BurgerBum,

The one thing I'd say about the build above, if you have any extra dollars at the end of it, get a higher end PSU, more wattage something in the G2 series EVGA makes if only for the 10 year warranty that comes with it.  10 years can go through several builds, but having the wattage to last 10 years would be the trick because GPU's year after year keep sucking up more power. 

ahh...

seeing as everytime i post one of these what i need is only 'kinda' in what they send so i think i'll be as decicive with what i describe as i can...

ive just been making a bunch of diferent configurations to see whats the best bang for the buck...

i have up to 800$.

heres my current plan...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qNpZXL

(and yes, i know i dont already have a gpu in there, thats the main reason im posting this...)

45+ fps medium settings 1080p-2k. most games.

i will have three+ screens but only gaming on one.

not interested in getting a new monitor for a while.

if you're gonna change the case just make sure its white, or has high airflow.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

280x.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.78 @ Amazon) 

Total: $684.70

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 01:58 EDT-0400

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $684.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 01:58 EDT-0400

i like.

i like much.

thankyou.

that mother board does have built in wifi correct?

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

More CPU power:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($144.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($79.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($159.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $793.17
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 02:06 EDT-0400

More GPU:

CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core Processor  ($139.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($79.98 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $788.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 02:06 EDT-0400

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

The OS can be gotten much cheaper than 89.98. 

i actually have a hdd with the os on it.

if i cant transfer then i'll buy.

i dont care much about boot times...

-Jim Hensen

https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

It's how I got mine but I did make sure to get the 1.30 cents or whatever insurance.  The price fluctuates, last week it was 28, a month ago it was 16, just gotta catch it in a low cycle and make sure it's a global key. 

I like the Intel build better if only because you're into a z97 board which when you can you can upgrade the chip, especially after the prices come down when people start buying up X99/DDR4 boards. 

I like the Intel build better if only because you're into a z97 board which when you can you can upgrade the chip, especially after the prices come down when people start buying up X99/DDR4 boards. 

same...

however it doesnt seem to show up when i check for built in wifi.

im rather far from my router and dont quite care to get an adapter as ive had bad experience with them.

if you can get me an adapter that is extremely fast and reliable.... thanks.

if not, an atx motherboard that has wifi.

-Jim Hensen

also, why in your economy gaming set, is there an apu..? you have a video card in there already.

or are you having it work *with* the gpu..?

-Jim Hensen

The only Z97 boards with wifi are either Mini-ITX or cost almost twice as much as that one.  Better off adding a card for it.  Something like this, but it still adds about 50 to the price. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-wireless-network-card-7260hmwdtx1

also, why in your economy gaming set, is there an apu..? you have a video card in there already.

or are you having it work *with* the gpu..?

The APU is on the AMD chipset, which can work together.  When I next upgrade my GPU I'm gonna use my old GeForce 660 as a dedicated PhysX card just to take some of the stress off the new card.  Nothing wrong with either philosophy, but the expandability of the Intel build is superior, and coming in at a lower price. 

Also I changed that 2 nights ago for a friend who wanted to see an AMD version of economy... *grin*  I wouldn't do AMD myself, she just wanted to see what that would look like.  

The one thing I'd say about the build above, if you have any extra dollars at the end of it, get a higher end PSU, more wattage something in the G2 series EVGA makes if only for the 10 year warranty that comes with it.  10 years can go through several builds, but having the wattage to last 10 years would be the trick because GPU's year after year keep sucking up more power. 

ahh...

seeing as everytime i post one of these what i need is only 'kinda' in what they send so i think i'll be as decicive with what i describe as i can...

-Jim Hensen