Hyper 212X?

Nozumu
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

It's not worth 80 USD. Prices are just skewed due to how merchants want certain items to sell. 

Now, after spending 3 days lurking these here, I've noticed that the CM Hyper 212 EVO is everyone's recommended CPU cooler. I want to know what you guys think about the newer 212X? why is it worth 80 USD on amazon/pcpartpicker (while a store in my country has it for about $10 more than the 212 EVO)?

It's not worth 80 USD. Prices are just skewed due to how merchants want certain items to sell. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I guess I'll go with the EVO then, I can't find any benchmarks for the 212X and by adding $5 i can get the Noctua NH-C12  instead. (them fan colors tho)

I guess I'll go with the EVO then, I can't find any benchmarks for the 212X and by adding $5 i can get the Noctua NH-C12  instead. (them fan colors tho)

I believe that the NH-C12 will perform better and quieter than the Hyper 212, from many benchmarks.

If you can afford it, go for it.

Puke bege & brown is the new black!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I believe that the NH-C12 will perform better and quieter than the Hyper 212, from many benchmarks.

If you can afford it, go for it.

Puke bege & brown is the new black!

I can always use the stock cooler and save up for the noctua later, but I'm planning on doing a blue/black theme. I guess blue/black/puke biege and brown can work right? right?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($139.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($85.02 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X Video Card  ($209.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $648.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 16:00 EDT-0400

I can always use the stock cooler and save up for the noctua later, but I'm planning on doing a blue/black theme. I guess blue/black/puke biege and brown can work right? right?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($139.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($85.02 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Vapor-X Video Card  ($209.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $648.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 16:00 EDT-0400

If you really must keep the black/blue theme for the CPU cooler as well, I guess you could try to plasti dip the puke biege fan or paint it, there are many tutorials on how to do it out there. But again, only if you really must.

I'm joking. However, if you feel like you can save about 60$ to get the NH-C12, there are other options out there that will probably be better than the Hyper 212. Look for Phanteks CPU coolers and you might like the colors they have... I'm not an expert on Phanteks CPU coolers but, from what I've read so far whilst deciding for my new rig CPU cooler, they do pretty well, are not overpriced and are not that loud.

Good luck!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

If you really must keep the black/blue theme for the CPU cooler as well, I guess you could try to plasti dip the puke biege fan or paint it, there are many tutorials on how to do it out there. But again, only if you really must.

I'm joking. However, if you feel like you can save about 60$ to get the NH-C12, there are other options out there that will probably be better than the Hyper 212. Look for Phanteks CPU coolers and you might like the colors they have... I'm not an expert on Phanteks CPU coolers but, from what I've read so far whilst deciding for my new rig CPU cooler, they do pretty well, are not overpriced and are not that loud.

Good luck!

If only there are Noctua coolers with Industrial or Redux fans that would be great. And I don't think I've seen a store/site in the Philippines which has Phanteks products yet so that's not an option for me yet.