CS GO mic problem

Phllips

My mic in the steam mic test works fine and in a private lobby it works fine when you have to click the little mic pic but as soon as i enter a game it doesnt work. I looked it up and apparently people with macs have this problem and im almost certain im not on a mac :P. This also used to happen in rust but i fixed it and forgot how :/

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

are you sure you are pressing K when you talk?

and do you want to play with me?

wow, thats a lot of bees!

are you sure you are pressing K when you talk?

I rebound it to m5 and the little thing that says your speaking comes up

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Where are you in the world?

|| MAELSTROM ||

California

Soz mate in aus :/ also fixed it apparently it wasnt set as default recording device but it still worked on everything else :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

As others have said, are you using the voice communications key? I believe it's "V" by default.

Go to settings/options in CS:GO, then keyboard/controls and then find "Voice Communications" or something similar and see which key you need to press.