Forza or Gran Turismo

Snapy1

I like both 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The physics in GT are better but Forza has more cars.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

The physics in GT are better but Forza has more cars.

which is the more customization when it comes to vehicle modifications ecstatic and performance  

GT for Simulation, Graphics (oh wow not overdone reflections, no way) and dynamics, but Forza for customization.

GT is REALLY lackluster in terms of customization. You can put a spoiler on your car, a bumper or two, rims, and that's it. No decals.

Gran Turismo, the experience is better and has more cars than Forza but Forza has better graphics in my opinion. 

I've played Forza 4 and one of the GT's on the PS1 (well, a PS1 emulator), so...

Obviously I like Forza more.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

which is the more customization when it comes to vehicle modifications ecstatic and performance  

Which ever adjustment you make should have a realistic handling characteristic, so to me GT seemed to do it better. They even nailed it in Tourist Trophy, wish they would make TT 2.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I prefer GT just because personally the physics are better and it just appeals to me more. Although I am now on the PC sim racing bandwagon so I barely play GT anymore.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

You obviously should get the daddy that is GT. Wish they'd bring it to PC since i haven't touched my ps3 in like 3 years (so ive got like 100+ gig in updates to do) and i really can't justify getting a ps4 atm =/

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Having played every GT game, and every Forza game to date. I can honestly say that there is nothing wrong with Forza 5's handling at all.

Forza 5 is regarded as having the best handling physics on a console to date. Comparing GT and forza to the likes of Iracing, Rfactor, Assetto Corsa, and Project cars (which I have had plenty of time on also). I have to agree with that view myself.

GT has the features, the weather and time of day transitions, a massive car list, and a good track list. The only issue I really truly have with GT5 and 6, and the reason I dont play GT anymore. Is the standard cars. Those cars are still using the 3d models from the PS2 era, and are severely outdated. They just look plain horrible on the PS3, and PD are transferring those same 3d models over to the PS4 and GT7. They have a quantity over quality view over there now, and that alone has put me off GT.

T10 however decided to ditch all their old 3d models for FM5, and went with a quality over quantity approach. It upset a lot of people. There are no Japanese tracks in forza 5 at this time, and a fair few of the iconic cars from previous forza games are still missing (Silvia S13 as an example). But the attention to detail on the tracks that are in FM5 is immense, and the same for the cars. Then there are the things T10 have just given away for free, such as a laser scanned Long beach, laser scanned Nordschilfe (only laser scanned version to date in any video game. There is a laser scanned version also coming for Assetto Corsa at some point), and laser scanned Road America with additional layouts. They have also given out a few cars for free, including most recently a Rolls Royce Wraith, and the new Ford Mustang (among others). Then there is the customization allowed in forza. You can have 3000 vinyl decal layers on each side of the car, 3000 layers on the top of the car, and I believe 1000 layers on the front/back.

If you want the best racing experience though, that has to be on PC. But for your original question, and for me. It is Forza over GT every single time.

P.S: I know my post is long, but I like to explain my view when I enter a poll like this one. I only really play racing games, whether that be on PC or a console. I have been playing racing games for as long as I can remember, which would probably be around 1988/89. I have played them on normal controllers, with a joystick, on a keyboard, on racing wheels, and in the arcades. Racing games are my absolute favourite type of game.

GT has the features, the weather and time of day transitions, a massive car list, and a good track list. The only issue I really truly have with GT5 and 6, and the reason I dont play GT anymore. Is the standard cars. Those cars are still using the 3d models from the PS2 era, and are severely outdated. They just look plain horrible on the PS3, and PD are transferring those same 3d models over to the PS4 and GT7. They have a quantity over quality view over there now, and that alone has put me off GT.

T10 however decided to ditch all their old 3d models for FM5, and went with a quality over quantity approach. It upset a lot of people. There are no Japanese tracks in forza 5 at this time, and a fair few of the iconic cars from previous forza games are still missing (Silvia S13 as an example). But the attention to detail on the tracks that are in FM5 is immense, and the same for the cars.

The way I see it, GT is known as the real driving simulator which is why it has the weather and time of day, cars etc. It is a driving simulator, not solely a physics simulator. So if the drawback of having so many cars alongside everything else it offers is PS2 models then I'm fine with that. They can be skinned with hi-res textures these days, so that helps.

And if Forza 5 wasn't a launch title I would agree with you on quality over quantity, but that game had to make the Xbox One launch. So I don't buy that at all.

Forza imo for the more 'casual friendly' experience. (my preference)

GT for a straightorward, more serious racing experience

note: experience from playing with friends, don't actually own the games or consoles myself

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

personally I am an xbox guy, and I love Forza, even though it is not HC simulator. For that, there are better ways to play

For me it is Forza and mostly Horizon. I love that series

The way I see it, GT is known as the real driving simulator which is why it has the weather and time of day, cars etc. It is a driving simulator, not solely a physics simulator. So if the drawback of having so many cars alongside everything else it offers is PS2 models then I'm fine with that. They can be skinned with hi-res textures these days, so that helps.

And if Forza 5 wasn't a launch title I would agree with you on quality over quantity, but that game had to make the Xbox One launch. So I don't buy that at all.

Hi-res textures don't do jack on a low poly 3d model though, in fact it makes them look worse. I'm not just talking from an end user perspective here. What PD have done with the standard cars pains me to see, because it is a lazy way of doing things. They need a bigger 3d modelling department (or outsource some work like Turn 10 do), and they need to ditch all those standard cars and rebuild them from the ground up. Every car in GT should be the same level of quality and detail. Hell, Turn 10 is practically laser scanning every single car they can physically get there hands on. With only the really hard to find and very rare cars still been done by eye alone.

Im not saying that the physics in GT are bad, because they are not. I am not saying the game isnt fun, because it is. And it has far more options available at this time than Forza. But the standard cars ruin the experience. Especially when every single car that has been in forza since FM3, has been a similar level of detail (with FM4's autovista cars having extra detail via the autovista menu. Same level of detail in race though), and every car has had an interior.

I would go out and buy a PS4 and buy GT7 when it releases if they got rid of those standard cars. Till pd do ditch them, my money wont be spent on it.