The next game with TressFX is here! Lichdome: Battlemage

ACatWithThumbs

Who cares, Mantle doesn't give a real performance benefit, Nvidia doesn't need some stupid API to run fast, because their cards don't suck.

Who cares, Mantle doesn't give a real performance benefit, Nvidia doesn't need some stupid API to run fast, because their cards don't suck.

ah...dude...i dont wanna be that guy but your..ah...fanboy is showing...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

... You obviously never have used Mantle.

Do you think that TressFX can be utilized for simulating pubic hair?

This area of customisation is always overlooked when creating a character in the likes of Mass Effect etc.

Isn't mantle dead? By that I mean it is not a big thing anymore?

no.... there are 40+ game developers in the mantle beta program. Its just that most games that will be using it have yet to be released. Its a new api that's not even out of beta yet, it takes times for game's to adopt it.

Game's don't adopt new api's overnight. When DX12 is released we won't magically see tons of games using it right away, just like when dx10 and dx11 were released. Hell look at dx 11.1/2, only 1 game I'm aware of used dx11.1 (bf4), and none that I'm aware of used dx 11.2...

Its not known how much longevity mantle will have in the long run, but enough of these silly mantle is dead claims based on nothing people :P

Alice Madness returns had better hair physics for the time this is too little to late.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

So what the demon and zombies have pretty hair?

all main people in games should have tress fx if they have hair. it made tomb raider look much better

I thought it looked kind of ridiculous, at points at least. The more loose hair, like her bangs, look nice but the physics got a little crazy with her ponytail at times. Running and having that ponytail spin around and freak out was hilarious, but really yanked me out of the game.

... You obviously never have used Mantle.

No, I have a 550ti, why would I use it. Besides at my current res 1600x900 I can max out any game I want with 60fps.

Besides, Mantle is still a stupid technology if it is going to be locked down to only one brand of GPU's, especially if those GPU's are weaker than their competition. The only reason the R9-290X can compete with the 780Ti is because of mantle, give the 780Ti mantle and boom, the 780Ti pulls miles ahead

ah...dude...i dont wanna be that guy but your..ah...fanboy is showing...

No, proprietary software just sucks. I'm not buying a slower AMD card to get some stupid API that brings the performance up to Nvidias level

no.... there are 40+ game developers in the mantle beta program. Its just that most games that will be using it have yet to be released. Its a new api that's not even out of beta yet, it takes times for game's to adopt it.

Game's don't adopt new api's overnight. When DX12 is released we won't magically see tons of games using it right away, just like when dx10 and dx11 were released. Hell look at dx 11.1/2, only 1 game I'm aware of used dx11.1 (bf4), and none that I'm aware of used dx 11.2...

Its not known how much longevity mantle will have in the long run, but enough of these silly mantle is dead claims based on nothing people :P

Yeah, well until Mantle supports both Nvidia and Intel GPU's it is dead, Nvidia hold 64% of the dedicated GPU market, and Intel dominates the overall market

I thought it looked kind of ridiculous, at points at least. The more loose hair, like her bangs, look nice but the physics got a little crazy with her ponytail at times. Running and having that ponytail spin around and freak out was hilarious, but really yanked me out of the game.

i was perfectly fine all the way through for me. it only gitched 1 or 2 times in the whole game. i played it about a year and 3 months after release to make sure everything went smoothly. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

No, I have a 550ti, why would I use it. Besides at my current res 1600x900 I can max out any game I want with 60fps.

Besides, Mantle is still a stupid technology if it is going to be locked down to only one brand of GPU's, especially if those GPU's are weaker than their competition. The only reason the R9-290X can compete with the 780Ti is because of mantle, give the 780Ti mantle and boom, the 780Ti pulls miles ahead

Not true, the R9 280 beats the GTX 760 at a lower cost as well. The GTX 770 barely beats the R9 280x with a couple of FPS with a extra cost of 50$+, so I really wouldn't call that beating it, the R9 290 and GTX 780 are neck and neck. R9 290x losses against the 780 Ti, but only by 3-5 FPS and in some cases only 9.... Either way both company's make very good cards. Stop fanboying and understand the both company's have exclusive technology's. I've actually used mantle and know from personal experience it works. Don't say it doesn't work or is a stupid technology until you have tried it.

i was perfectly fine all the way through for me. it only gitched 1 or 2 times in the whole game. i played it about a year and 3 months after release to make sure everything went smoothly. 

I played it on release, not sure if they fixed anything later on.

I played it on release, not sure if they fixed anything later on.

thats your issue then. i never play a game on release 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Not true, the R9 280 beats the GTX 760 at a lower cost as well. The GTX 770 barely beats the R9 280x with a couple of FPS with a extra cost of 50$+, so I really wouldn't call that beating it, the R9 290 and GTX 780 are neck and neck. R9 290x losses against the 780 Ti, but only by 3-5 FPS and in some cases only 9.... Either way both company's make very good cards. Stop fanboying and understand the both company's have exclusive technology's. I've actually used mantle and know from personal experience it works. Don't say it doesn't work or is a stupid technology until you have tried it.

The only reason those cards can compete with Nvidia is because for Mantle, again, give mantle to Nvidia and see how far AMD is left in the dust. Nvidia doesn't need some stupid APi to make their cards run better. On top of that AMD's cards have much higher TDP and piss poor cooling, so you will end up spending more on power and AC. AMD also has shoddy drivers and doesn't have Gamestream, G-sync, FXAA, TSAA, and other technologies that have actual benefits. You can say AMd has freesync, but who cares, only 1 monitor that will come out 2 years from now will support it, it will suck, no one will care and it will die just like AMD's stupid 3d thing did. Nvidia makes better cards, and they charge you the premium for that. Plus CUDA is amazing for doing rendering, animation, and video editing. There is a reason why 64% of the discrete GPu market belongs to Nvidia, because they are higher quality products. If you want to continue using your space heater, fire hazardous AMD card then go ahead, I won't stop you. But I hope you realize that Nvidia cards are better.

The only reason those cards can compete with Nvidia is because for Mantle, again, give mantle to Nvidia and see how far AMD is left in the dust. Nvidia doesn't need some stupid APi to make their cards run better. On top of that AMD's cards have much higher TDP and piss poor cooling, so you will end up spending more on power and AC. AMD also has shoddy drivers and doesn't have Gamestream, G-sync, FXAA, TSAA, and other technologies that have actual benefits. You can say AMd has freesync, but who cares, only 1 monitor that will come out 2 years from now will support it, it will suck, no one will care and it will die just like AMD's stupid 3d thing did. Nvidia makes better cards, and they charge you the premium for that. Plus CUDA is amazing for doing rendering, animation, and video editing. There is a reason why 64% of the discrete GPu market belongs to Nvidia, because they are higher quality products. If you want to continue using your space heater, fire hazardous AMD card then go ahead, I won't stop you. But I hope you realize that Nvidia cards are better.

You either a troll or by far the arrogant Nvidia fanboy that has ever lived.

If you still think AMD is left in the dust by Nvidia, here is a video of just ONE example of how wrong you actually are.

While TressFX is great I have to agree that it doesn't even come close to PhysX especially performance wise.

I wish Nvidia would just open PhysX up so that we can finally get some games based on it instead of gimmick effects:/

RTX2070OC 

While TressFX is great I have to agree that it doesn't even come close to PhysX especially performance wise.

I wish Nvidia would just open PhysX up so that we can finally get some games based on it instead of gimmick effects:/

why do you say that? is there a way to benchmark and compared them or was that just anecdotal?

Holy fanboy batman

You either a troll or by far the arrogant Nvidia fanboy that has ever lived.

If you still think AMD is left in the dust by Nvidia, here is a video of just ONE example of how wrong you actually are.

Wasn't even fucking talking about those two cards. I was talking about the 780ti and the 290x.

But still, FXAA, TXAA, Gamestream, G-Sync, and better driver support with Nvidia.

Isn't mantle dead? By that I mean it is not a big thing anymore?

Linus thinks its dead.  But no, it's still alive and well.  Every EA game on the pc will support it, that's not NOTHING.  And the new civ game, beyond earth.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Linus thinks its dead.  But no, it's still alive and well.  Every EA game on the pc will support it, that's not NOTHING.  And the new civ game, beyond earth.

I think it will die once DX12 is out and matches or out preforms it. I see it as all those game technologies that launched with vista and really never made it anywhere. Back then a good number of the big titles were 64bit, multi-threaded for up to 4 cores, and using all the lastest technologies including DX10, physx, as well as others. Since vista tanked all the developed now develop for backwards compatibility and it hard to even find one of those things much less all of them in one place.

I think it will die once DX12 is out 

I agree with you there, but at least it gave Microsoft a push up the backside to swing into action and implement similar things into DX12.... long needed improvements :D

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Wow

I mean it was pretty cool in tomb raider, because making Lara seem more human had a really big emotional impact on the player

it really makes NO effect in this game other than to slow your FPS down

Hey being fucking metal is worth a few FPS.....not that there's any metal in the game soundtrack or anything....on second though yeah nevermind.

-------

Current Rig

-------