The next game with TressFX is here! Lichdome: Battlemage

ACatWithThumbs

Linus thinks its dead.  But no, it's still alive and well.  Every EA game on the pc will support it, that's not NOTHING.  And the new civ game, beyond earth.

Aside from DirectX 12, the new OpenGL is coming. The new GL will have all the features of Mantle. And Linus said it best, why would people chose Mantle over OpenGL if they are pretty much same in terms of functionality but OpenGL is available on more platforms.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wasn't even fucking talking about those two cards. I was talking about the 780ti and the 290x.

But still, FXAA, TXAA, Gamestream, G-Sync, and better driver support with Nvidia.

Why compare flagship cards when the majority of people don't even use them, most people use the more budget friendly cards. Driver support is around the same, I have used both brands so honestly I would know. G-Sync, there is also Free-Sync (Adaptive-Sync) which is a upcoming display port standard so Nvidia can also use it. Gamestream is Nvidias way of letting there own cards get an advantage when a game (That uses it) first comes out, a semi useful tool, but honestly how it is used it just childish of them. Please stop fanboying, both companies make GREAT cards, both have awesome exclusive technology's that honestly can only be said as an opinion not a fact. 

I'm so confused. Why is it Alice: Madness Returns has amazing hair physics with physX off, and is still easy to play on low end/mid range hardware? More importantly, why aren't devs doing what Spicy Horse (Devs of A:MR) did instead of TressFX? Sure, TressFX admittedly looks a bit better, but I'd much rather have something that's smooth and gets the job very well done. TressFX is just too taxing for the minor improvement over what Alice: Madness Returns does imo

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

How about they put this in future Elder Scrolls games?

Imagine that... You've just finished your glorious Nord warrior and you're off to conquer Tamriel with your warhammer, shiny armor and your long, golden, flowing hair... It's beautiful...

they already got mods for that. 

and boob physics

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Btw, when in the world is AMD going to expand Mantle? I can't really benefit from it much, but I remember them at least implying that they'd expand to cards without the GCN architecture, and even Nvidia cards.

I support just about any advancement in technology, even if it's minor, but how long do we have to freakin' wait already?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I'm so confused. Why is it Alice: Madness Returns has amazing hair physics with physX off, and is still easy to play on low end/mid range hardware? More importantly, why devs doing what they did instead of TressFX? Sure, TressFX admittedly looks a bit better, but I'd much rather have something that's smooth and gets the job very well done. TressFX is just too taxing for the minor improvement over what Alice: Madness Returns does imo

true man  :lol: i "love" Alice: Madness Returns (and i run it on my 7850)  :wub:

if funny how nvidia want take the merit <_< "of the Unreal Engine 3.5 accomplish" on the hair lol 

i love the Unreal guys (i hope they add mantle to the engine someday) they are awesome  B)

Aside from DirectX 12, the new OpenGL is coming. The new GL will have all the features of Mantle. And Linus said it best, why would people chose Mantle over OpenGL if they are pretty much same in terms of functionality but OpenGL is available on more platforms.

We'll have to wait and see IF they are identical in functionality and performance attributes.  open gl next gen has to be a more generic api since it applies to multiple gpu makers.  Will it be close enough to mantle at cutting out the fat that performance differences are virtually non existent?  Maybe maybe not, but we can't just assume until we see more.

Further, one of the arguments that keeps cropping up about continuing to develop mantle even AFTER dx12 and opengl next gen, is that amd can iterate on the api faster than the large api players like microsoft and kronos can.  Is that just talk?  It might be, but I could easily imagine Johan wanting to keep ever advancing editions of mantle around as his personal playground for new rendering techniques and capabilities without being stuck in the SAME position he and others were in before waiting year after year while microsoft dragged its feet NOT doing any major api updates.

There is something to be said for being a master of your own fate, for having direct control and not being slowed down by the concerns and legacy of a thousand other players.

Linus essentially discounts all that, that's why he is so deeply skeptical of mantle being a big deal.  Certainly not enough to knock nvidia out of his and Slicks perch as preferred go to GPU for his personal rig.  Talk is cheap, they need to see the benefits first.  I hope for the benefits ahead a time since I'm an AMD fanboy, but since they are more nvidia fanboys, they do not grant those same luxuries.  And before anyone denies they are, it's not a BAD thing, we all have preferences, and I have seen enough videos and comments and inflections in speech to tell they prefer what nvidia offers.  And that is OK, but it does color how they and I react to what AMD does.  That is only natural.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

they already got mods for that. 

and boob physics

True, but they may not be as good as what an actual game developing company or AMD/Nvidia can do

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

How about they put this in future Elder Scrolls games?

Imagine that... You've just finished your glorious Nord warrior and you're off to conquer Tamriel with your warhammer, shiny armor and your long, golden, flowing hair... It's beautiful...

OR HORSES! OR KHAJIT. OMG WANT

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

OR HORSES! OR KHAJIT. OMG WANT

Beats Horse Armor, amirite? :P

But you have a serious point with the Khajiit. Their fur in Skyrim and all the ES games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Online) just looks bad. Imagine having this, but all over their body and tail! Beautiful :wub:

PLEASE BETHESDA, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I agree. When it came down to actually playing the game, it's not even something I noticed. I found it more beneficial to have it off just so my gpu does not warm up. 

Filthy casual!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Filthy casual!

This filthy casual has double the horse power in his rig over you. However have you seen tressFx glitches on nvidia cards? When it happens it pretty hilarious. The hair shakes violently.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

This filthy casual has double the horse power in his rig over you. However have you seen tressFx glitches on nvidia cards? When it happens it pretty hilarious. The hair shakes violently.

and run at the same graphics settings as me, money well spent ;) (I'm just teasing btw)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I know you are lol. I just like running my games locked framerate at 71fps. Variable frame rates annoy me. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q