Flash drives don't work with 360

DJ46

A few months ago I invested into a used 360, just to have fun with it (mostly modding the cooling - waiting for €€€).

I was told I could save money on the harddrive and just use a flash drive. It just can't be slow. So I went out and got a 16GB Kingston DT100 G3, a USB 3.0 drive.

The xbox I got already has the newest dashboard.

The problem is, the flash drive doesn't work on it. Works with everything else. I tried many other flashdrives, all USB ports and it doesn't work. It gets detected, xbox goes through all the things it needs fine. I can make a profile and even install the game onto the USB drive.

But if I do anything that involves the flash drive, the game crashes after first video. If I run the game off of the USB, it crashes. If I run in off the disc and use the USB for saves, the game crashes. If I don't save to the flashdrive and don't use it at all, the game doesn't allow me to do anything but pick a race, car and track - but it works fine.

When it crashes, the screen goes black, sounds still play and the console ignores any input.

I googled this for weeks. Can anyone help?

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II