Nintendo knows how to do DLC

skywake

So it wasn't long ago that Nintendo announced their weird Mercedes DLC and people were going mental. For some reason apparently it was the worst thing ever but personally I didn't care much because shitty DLC that is free is free DLC. But now they've announced more DLC and .... it's pretty good actually. There will be two DLC packs, one in November and one in May next year. Both add 3 characters, 4 Vehicles and 8 tracks for a total of 6 characters, 8 Vehicles and 16 tracks. Pack 1 will be "Zelda" themed and will cost $8, Pack 2 will be Animal Crossing themed and cost the same, the 2 pack bundle will cost $12. And if you look at the images bellow it's not the same tracks with a coat of paint, there are F-Zero and Excitebike themed stages down there.

At this point I'm a bit confused about why a giant like Nintendo are being so generous with a game I was going to buy anyway. I go and download the game and they give me $7AU because I own the "premium" not-gimped Wii U. Then they give me a free, full retail game from a list of awesome games most of which were fairly new. Then they give me another $7AU for downloading THAT game. And now they're saying that if I give them something around $14AU they'll basically give me 50% of what a new Mario Kart is again. I don't think Nintendo fans know how good they've got it sometimes.

source: http://www.destructoid.com/mashup-mario-kart-8-dlc-adds-link-animal-crossing-villager-280234.phtml

280234-hnew1.jpg

edit:

So the Mario Kart 8 DLC news I was beaten to the punch: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/204672-mario-kart-8-is-getting-more-dlcand-its-not-free/

However I stand by my broader point and wouldn't mind a thread about that. They did pretty decent DLC for Pikmin 3 AND their DLC for New SMB U was basically a whole new game. I like the way they're going about it. This stuff isn't day 1 AND it's pretty extensive content that adds life to your games. 

Edited by skywake

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The Wii U is the only current gen console I bought.

I only bought it so I could play Smash Bros and Zelda, but it has been collecting dust for about 6 months now.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4