BSOD laptop

Blackterror25

So I've been having problems with my laptop ever since I got it. I've tried driver updates and memtest but nothing wierd showed up.

Untill today I decided to try to see if perhaps the CPU could be busted so I ran Prime 95 and almost instantly 2 threads stopped because of hardware failure was detected and after about 15 minutes the other 2 threads stopt (It's an i5 460m).
The laptop is, of course, not overclocked and there doesn't seem to be an overheating problem (max 85°C).

jbvPREl.png

Could it be that my CPU is just broken? and how could I best fix this?

Thanks

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Whats the laptop name, whats the specs, if ive dealt with the laptop before ill see how i can help. i might sleep soon but ill tackle it tomorrow.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have you considered maybe getting it replaced under warranty ? There is a reason why they give it to buyers.

Whats the laptop name, whats the specs, if ive dealt with the laptop before ill see how i can help. i might sleep soon but ill tackle it tomorrow.

The Laptop is made by Q-force (Belgian brand), a QF Dura 7541-DFH.

It has the following specs:

• i5 m460 @ 2.53 Ghz
  • 6gb ram
  • GT 425
  • Windows 8.1

Have you considered maybe getting it replaced under warranty ? There is a reason why they give it to buyers.

Well the laptop is about 3-4 years old by now so it's out of warranty and I think the company went bankrupt so getting it fixed would be expensive and not worth it.

The problem has been going on ever since I got it but seeing that I have a desktop which I use 99% of the time I just didn't bother with it and figured it was a software issue and I'd fix it later, but now that I have to use it more and more often I want to fix this if it's possible.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

http://1drv.ms/1lrwph4

These are the minidumps that get generated when it get's a blue screen.
Everything points to a defective RAM stick but I've ran a memtest that didn't give any error's. The only test that failed is the Prime95 test as shown in the op.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Sadly I think the best thing is too back up all the data and completly wipe it (like every partition and sector or just get a new HDD) and re install the OS. Your key can be easy retrieved and for the OS, its easy to download now days

Sadly I think the best thing is too back up all the data and completly wipe it (like every partition and sector or just get a new HDD) and re install the OS. Your key can be easy retrieved and for the OS, its easy to download now days

Over the years I've probably reinstalled windows more then 10 times, even getting bsod with a fresh install without any drivers yet, I'd think it's safe to say that it's a hardware issue.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

The Laptop is made by Q-force (Belgian brand), a QF Dura 7541-DFH.

It has the following specs:

• i5 m460 @ 2.53 Ghz
  • 6gb ram
  • GT 425
  • Windows 8.1

Well the laptop is about 3-4 years old by now so it's out of warranty and I think the company went bankrupt so getting it fixed would be expensive and not worth it.

The problem has been going on ever since I got it but seeing that I have a desktop which I use 99% of the time I just didn't bother with it and figured it was a software issue and I'd fix it later, but now that I have to use it more and more often I want to fix this if it's possible.

Everything now points to a chipset issue, i think it could be a capacitor which is on the verge of death but is fine under low usage. A broken cap can led to all sorts of problems if an reduced amount of energy is supplied, unless you can get another motherboard i think the laptop is coming to an end.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

... Most of the errors are pointing to ntoskrnl.exe, which tends to be caused by botched Windows Installations. That being said, it can also be cause by faulty hardware, as stupidly as a loose ground wire in the keyboard cable... My guess is, if you've installed Windows correctly each time, and you're sure of that, it's a hardware issue of some sort.

RAM could be bad (try running memtest)

Could be a sketchy HDD (run chkdsk, it will probably take several hours)

Could be a dying CPU as well (would have to see the error log for Prime95 to see why it stopped)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Yeah q-force is bankrupt. 2 people I know both have a q-force and they have terrible thermals, maybe clean out the dust as my mom has had a bsod from heat issues on her q-force (not sure but since it hasn't happened after cleaning out the dust I think that was it.

Everything now points to a chipset issue, i think it could be a capacitor which is on the verge of death but is fine under low usage. A broken cap can led to all sorts of problems if an reduced amount of energy is supplied, unless you can get another motherboard i think the laptop is coming to an end.

It will crash when it is idling at desktop without anything running in the background

... Most of the errors are pointing to ntoskrnl.exe, which tends to be caused by botched Windows Installations. That being said, it can also be cause by faulty hardware, as stupidly as a loose ground wire in the keyboard cable... My guess is, if you've installed Windows correctly each time, and you're sure of that, it's a hardware issue of some sort.

RAM could be bad (try running memtest)

Could be a sketchy HDD (run chkdsk, it will probably take several hours)

Could be a dying CPU as well (would have to see the error log for Prime95 to see why it stopped)

I've ran a chkdsk but it only took about 5 minutes, didn't get any bad sectors thought.

kgpnyMn.png

I also ran memtest a while back and didn't get any error's

***edit***

I've added the results.txt file from prime95 in the minidumps folder.

Yeah q-force is bankrupt. 2 people I know both have a q-force and they have terrible thermals, maybe clean out the dust as my mom has had a bsod from heat issues on her q-force (not sure but since it hasn't happened after cleaning out the dust I think that was it.

I keep my laptop clean and doesn't seem to be running hot enough to cause me to get concerned about it.

This is my second q-force laptop, the first one also got a fried motherboard, I bought it about 10 years ago and should have never let me buy an other one.

Edited by Blackterror25

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

It will crash when it is idling at desktop without anything running in the background

I've ran a chkdsk but it only took about 5 minutes, didn't get any bad sectors thought.

kgpnyMn.png

I also ran memtest a while back and didn't get any error's

***edit***

I've added the results.txt file from prime95 in the minidumps folder.

I keep my laptop clean and doesn't seem to be running hot enough to cause me to get concerned about it.

This is my second q-force laptop, the first one also got a fried motherboard, I bought it about 10 years ago and should have never let me buy an other one.

That's a fast chdsk, though if I'm reading it right, you only have like a 100GB drive, or you only scanned 1 partition. Anyway, if memtest is fine, and chkdsk showed no errors, along with you saying it's thermally fine (doesn't feel too hot for you), then it's just dying from something else. My guess... there's a reason the company went bankrupt.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

That is a lot of minidump files. The earliest I can take a look through all of them and follow the stack exception is in a few hours. 

Although my initial bet is hedging on bad power delivery / VRM design on the laptop's motherboard. Like @brownninja97 mentioned it may very well be a capacitor that is starting to age. 

In the mean time you can check if your  Windows install is corrupted by running a SFC /SCANNOW: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

That is a lot of minidump files. The earliest I can take a look through all of them and follow the stack exception is in a few hours. 

Although my initial bet is hedging on bad power delivery / VRM design on the laptop's motherboard. Like @brownninja97 mentioned it may very well be a capacitor that is starting to age. 

In the mean time you can check if your  Windows install is corrupted by running a SFC /SCANNOW: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

It's been crashing ever since I got it so if it is a capacitor it probably never worked properly to start with.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

It's been crashing ever since I got it so if it is a capacitor it probably never worked properly to start with.

OK, so the minidumps are interesting. There are a few things being blamed:

• Memory management
  • Bad Drivers
  • Possible Corrupted Windows Install
  • And possible malware

Now the most devastating thing on this list is malware. A few of the memory dumps complain about the WIndows Kernel corrupting certain memory structures (code insertion).

To start off I suggest you run an SFC SCANNOW. You can find instructions on how to do this here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

Follow option 2. If it claims that files were fixed in the process then go to Option 3 and report back the log file here.

Once that is done I would suggest running an malware scan with MBAM: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

There is a free version of MBAM for you to use, then try scanning with both AVG: http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage and Avast: http://www.avast.com

If Malware is found please post the log files from Malwarebytes, and report back what Avast and AVG found.

If no Malware is found, then please proceed to do a memory test using Memtest: http://www.memtest.org/

Run the test for at least 12 hours. I have a feeling one of the RAM modules in the laptop may be problematic. If it is a RAM module that fails then:

Reseat the RAM and test for a few hours, if it fails, then only test 1 module at a time for 4 hours. 

Check if the modules are mismatched at all, such as different modules from different manufacturers, or if they vary in speed and latency. Mismatched modules tend to cause these sorts of issue.

If you have gone through all of this and you still haven't found anything, then you're running into bad luck. The remaining options would include: A failing HDD, a bad or corrupt Windows install, or a hardware failure. Lets hope it isn't the last one.

Report back with your findings and I can guide you through the necessary steps to take.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

what you need to do is run a harddrive test in DOS. I like to use MAxtor Powermax or Seaget Seatools. Which ever one. It looks like to me like you might have a bad drive. Backup before your test begins. Testing the drive puts it through the ringer.

OK, so the minidumps are interesting. There are a few things being blamed:

• Memory management
  • Bad Drivers
  • Possible Corrupted Windows Install
  • And possible malware

Now the most devastating thing on this list is malware. A few of the memory dumps complain about the WIndows Kernel corrupting certain memory structures (code insertion).

To start off I suggest you run an SFC SCANNOW. You can find instructions on how to do this here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/3047-sfc-scannow-command-run-windows-8-a.html

Follow option 2. If it claims that files were fixed in the process then go to Option 3 and report back the log file here.

Once that is done I would suggest running an malware scan with MBAM: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

There is a free version of MBAM for you to use, then try scanning with both AVG: http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage and Avast: http://www.avast.com

If Malware is found please post the log files from Malwarebytes, and report back what Avast and AVG found.

If no Malware is found, then please proceed to do a memory test using Memtest: http://www.memtest.org/

Run the test for at least 12 hours. I have a feeling one of the RAM modules in the laptop may be problematic. If it is a RAM module that fails then:

Reseat the RAM and test for a few hours, if it fails, then only test 1 module at a time for 4 hours. 

Check if the modules are mismatched at all, such as different modules from different manufacturers, or if they vary in speed and latency. Mismatched modules tend to cause these sorts of issue.

If you have gone through all of this and you still haven't found anything, then you're running into bad luck. The remaining options would include: A failing HDD, a bad or corrupt Windows install, or a hardware failure. Lets hope it isn't the last one.

Report back with your findings and I can guide you through the necessary steps to take.

I'd already tried a memtest and it didn't give me any error's.

I've had windows crash on fresh installs, without any drivers so I don't think that it will be a driver or other software issue.

I've did that sfc scan and it gave me found a corrupted file but was unable to fixed, it created a log file which I've added to the minidumps folder, you can find it in the following link and the file name is CBS.log.

***EDIT***

Also, if it were a software or something with my hdd or ram, why would my CPU load test using prime95 crash when everything is at idle without any overclocks or excessive temperatures?

what you need to do is run a harddrive test in DOS. I like to use MAxtor Powermax or Seaget Seatools. Which ever one. It looks like to me like you might have a bad drive. Backup before your test begins. Testing the drive puts it through the ringer.

Those tools only work for Maxtor or seagate drives, my laptop has a WD drive.

Edited by Blackterror25

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I'd already tried a memtest and it didn't give me any error's.

I've had windows crash on fresh installs, without any drivers so I don't think that it will be a driver or other software issue.

I've did that sfc scan and it gave me found a corrupted file but was unable to fixed, it created a log file which I've added to the minidumps folder, you can find it in the following link and the file name is CBS.log.

***EDIT***

Also, if it were a software or something with my hdd or ram, why would my CPU load test using prime95 crash when everything is at idle without any overclocks or excessive temperatures?

Those tools only work for Maxtor or seagate drives, my laptop has a WD drive.

For how long did you run the memtest? Did you use Memtest86+? Or did you use Windows' memory tester?

As to why Prime95 would crash do to memory, that answer is complicated, but it does. The main reason being that Prime95 calculates prime numbers, which involve using memory beyond your processors L1, L2, and L3 cache.

Also, all those BSODs were caused my memory exceptions, take a look for yourself:

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff801`1d01c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff801`1d2e62d0Debug session time: Sat Jun 28 07:26:37.209 2014 (UTC - 4:00)System Uptime: 0 days 3:03:27.920********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)An exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheckArg2: fffff8011d071f60, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheckArg3: ffffd0006fd0bdd0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheckArg4: 0000000000000000, zero.Debugging Details:------------------TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".FAULTING_IP: nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+2d0fffff801`1d071f60 0000            add     byte ptr [rax],alCONTEXT:  ffffd0006fd0bdd0 -- (.cxr 0xffffd0006fd0bdd0)rax=0000000000000080 rbx=ffffe00002fc6880 rcx=ffffe00007298250rdx=ffffd0006fd0cb10 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=ffffe00006ac8f80rip=fffff8011d071f60 rsp=ffffd0006fd0c800 rbp=00000019c925bfac r8=0000000000000b20  r9=0000000000000049 r10=0000000000000049r11=fffff78000000008 r12=0000000000000001 r13=0000000000000010r14=0000000000000000 r15=ffffe00002fc69c0iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na po nccs=0010  ss=0018  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010246nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+0x2d0:fffff801`1d071f60 0000            add     byte ptr [rax],al ds:002b:00000000`00000080=??Resetting default scopeCUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTBUGCHECK_STR:  0x3BPROCESS_NAME:  FlashPlayerPluCURRENT_IRQL:  0MISALIGNED_IP: nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+2d0fffff801`1d071f60 0000            add     byte ptr [rax],alLAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff8011d071a7a to fffff8011d071f60STACK_TEXT:  ffffd000`6fd0c800 fffff801`1d071a7a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000002 : nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+0x2d0ffffd000`6fd0c890 fffff801`1d07046a : fffffff6`00000002 00000001`ffffffff 00000001`00000005 ffffb827`000000fe : nt!IoRemoveIoCompletion+0x8affffd000`6fd0c9b0 fffff801`1d17b7b3 : 00000000`00000040 00000000`02bfec40 00000000`00000010 00000000`03a7fb54 : nt!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory+0x30affffd000`6fd0cbd0 00007ff8`e6e1c67a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x1300000000`02bfe528 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7ff8`e6e1c67aFOLLOWUP_IP: nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+2d0fffff801`1d071f60 0000            add     byte ptr [rax],alSYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+2d0FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwnerIMAGE_NAME:  hardwareDEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  0STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xffffd0006fd0bdd0 ; kbMODULE_NAME: hardwareFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_IP_MISALIGNEDBUCKET_ID:  X64_IP_MISALIGNEDFollowup: MachineOwner

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

^^Basically means that memory is not being addressed properly. 

Again, try Memtest86+ for at least 12 hours.

While you are at it make sure you have the latest nvidia drivers from: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

j7qLXKS.jpg

Probably not the memory as well.

Yes, it's also running the latest nvidia drivers.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

-snip-

Probably not the memory as well.

Yes, it's also running the latest nvidia drivers.

If that is the case, it may be a hardware defect of some sorts or a driver conflict.

Out of curiosity, have you tried Windows 7? Does it crash in Windows 7 at all?

Yes, the laptop was originally windows 7 but I have to have windows 8 for school.

It crashes on both OS.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Yes, the laptop was originally windows 7 but I have to have windows 8 for school.

It crashes on both OS.

Ok, so I have done some more extensive research and going through the dump files:

Ok, so since it isn't a memory issue, the only thing left to rule out is a CPU or BIOS issue. I am not familiar with the Q-Force brand.  Do they have a website where you can find bios updates? The reason I suggest a BIOS update is because OEMs usually push out CPU microcode updates via a BIOS flash.

082114-21890-01.dmp

081114-23640-01.dmp

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff801`bfc0c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff801`bfed62d0Debug session time: Thu Aug 21 14:37:25.138 2014 (UTC - 4:00)System Uptime: 0 days 10:19:50.848********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a timeArg2: ffffe001520b2060, Physical Device Object of the stackArg3: fffff801c1658a70, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stackArg4: ffffe0014f8669f0, The blocked IRPDebugging Details:------------------TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3DRIVER_OBJECT: ffffe00150cbbe60IMAGE_NAME:  usbhub.sysDEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  538976a3MODULE_NAME: usbhubFAULTING_MODULE: fffff801cc517000 usbhubDEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTBUGCHECK_STR:  0x9FPROCESS_NAME:  SystemCURRENT_IRQL:  2STACK_TEXT:  fffff801`c1658a38 fffff801`bfe08c1e : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 ffffe001`520b2060 fffff801`c1658a70 : nt!KeBugCheckExfffff801`c1658a40 fffff801`bfe08b3e : ffffe001`535155a0 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`00000003 : nt!PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck+0xdefffff801`c1658aa0 fffff801`bfc65810 : 00000000`00000012 00000000`0025a7bb 00000000`00000000 fffff801`cc4966d7 : nt!PopIrpWatchdog+0x32fffff801`c1658af0 fffff801`bfd63aea : fffff801`bfef2180 fffff801`bfef2180 fffff801`bff59a00 ffffe001`52a86080 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x4f0fffff801`c1658da0 00000000`00000000 : fffff801`c1659000 fffff801`c1653000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5aSTACK_COMMAND:  kbFOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwnerFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_usbhub.sysBUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_usbhub.sysFollowup: MachineOwner 
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff803`53206000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff803`534d02d0Debug session time: Mon Aug 11 08:56:12.368 2014 (UTC - 4:00)System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:07.079********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpointsthe driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this addressas well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.Arguments:Arg1: ffffffffc0000096, The exception code that was not handledArg2: fffff8035335dac2, The address that the exception occurred atArg3: 0000000000000001, Parameter 0 of the exceptionArg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exceptionDebugging Details:------------------TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION}  Privileged instruction.FAULTING_IP: nt!KiIdleLoop+32fffff803`5335dac2 440f22c1        mov     cr8,rcxEXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000001EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0000000000000000ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION}  Privileged instruction.BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1e_c0000096DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTPROCESS_NAME:  SystemCURRENT_IRQL:  0TRAP_FRAME:  0000000000000001 -- (.trap 0x1)Unable to read trap frame at 00000000`00000001LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff803533e16d6 to fffff80353359fa0CONTEXT:  7400001fc8143d80 -- (.cxr 0x7400001fc8143d80)Unable to read context, Win32 error 0n30STACK_TEXT:  ffffd001`d1944bf8 fffff803`533e16d6 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000096 fffff803`5335dac2 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckExffffd001`d1944c00 fffff803`533614ed : ffffd001`d1945370 00000000`00000000 ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffd001`d1944d70 : nt!KiFatalExceptionHandler+0x22ffffd001`d1944c40 fffff803`532eb105 : 00000000`00000001 fffff803`53206000 ffffd001`d1945b00 ffffe001`00000000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xdffffd001`d1944c70 fffff803`532e9fbf : ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffd001`d1945870 ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffe001`5006a3c0 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x1a5ffffd001`d1945340 fffff803`53365bc2 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe001`4da090e0 00000000`00000001 ffffe001`4da09000 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x61fffffd001`d1945a30 fffff803`533640fe : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 ffffe001`4da09000 ffffd001`d191c180 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2ffffd001`d1945c10 fffff803`5335dac2 : ffffd001`d191c180 ffffd001`d191c180 ffffd001`d19282c0 00000000`0000901b : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0xfeffffd001`d1945da0 00000000`00000000 : ffffd001`d1946000 ffffd001`d1940000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x32FOLLOWUP_IP: nt!KiIdleLoop+32fffff803`5335dac2 440f22c1        mov     cr8,rcxSYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  7SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KiIdleLoop+32FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwnerMODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exeDEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  53388e13STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0x7400001fc8143d80 ; kbFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1e_c0000096_nt!KiIdleLoop+32BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1e_c0000096_nt!KiIdleLoop+32Followup: MachineOwner 

Ok, so I have done some more extensive research and going through the dump files:

Ok, so since it isn't a memory issue, the only thing left to rule out is a CPU or BIOS issue. I am not familiar with the Q-Force brand.  Do they have a website where you can find bios updates? The reason I suggest a BIOS update is because OEMs usually push out CPU microcode updates via a BIOS flash.

082114-21890-01.dmp

081114-23640-01.dmp

The company went bankrupt... I highly doubt there's anything leff

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff801`bfc0c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff801`bfed62d0Debug session time: Thu Aug 21 14:37:25.138 2014 (UTC - 4:00)System Uptime: 0 days 10:19:50.848********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a timeArg2: ffffe001520b2060, Physical Device Object of the stackArg3: fffff801c1658a70, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stackArg4: ffffe0014f8669f0, The blocked IRPDebugging Details:------------------TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE:  3DRIVER_OBJECT: ffffe00150cbbe60IMAGE_NAME:  usbhub.sysDEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  538976a3MODULE_NAME: usbhubFAULTING_MODULE: fffff801cc517000 usbhubDEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTBUGCHECK_STR:  0x9FPROCESS_NAME:  SystemCURRENT_IRQL:  2STACK_TEXT:  fffff801`c1658a38 fffff801`bfe08c1e : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 ffffe001`520b2060 fffff801`c1658a70 : nt!KeBugCheckExfffff801`c1658a40 fffff801`bfe08b3e : ffffe001`535155a0 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`00000003 : nt!PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck+0xdefffff801`c1658aa0 fffff801`bfc65810 : 00000000`00000012 00000000`0025a7bb 00000000`00000000 fffff801`cc4966d7 : nt!PopIrpWatchdog+0x32fffff801`c1658af0 fffff801`bfd63aea : fffff801`bfef2180 fffff801`bfef2180 fffff801`bff59a00 ffffe001`52a86080 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x4f0fffff801`c1658da0 00000000`00000000 : fffff801`c1659000 fffff801`c1653000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5aSTACK_COMMAND:  kbFOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwnerFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_usbhub.sysBUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_usbhub.sysFollowup: MachineOwner 
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by: 9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035Machine Name:Kernel base = 0xfffff803`53206000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff803`534d02d0Debug session time: Mon Aug 11 08:56:12.368 2014 (UTC - 4:00)System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:07.079********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpointsthe driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this addressas well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.Arguments:Arg1: ffffffffc0000096, The exception code that was not handledArg2: fffff8035335dac2, The address that the exception occurred atArg3: 0000000000000001, Parameter 0 of the exceptionArg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exceptionDebugging Details:------------------TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION}  Privileged instruction.FAULTING_IP: nt!KiIdleLoop+32fffff803`5335dac2 440f22c1        mov     cr8,rcxEXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000001EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  0000000000000000ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION}  Privileged instruction.BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1e_c0000096DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTPROCESS_NAME:  SystemCURRENT_IRQL:  0TRAP_FRAME:  0000000000000001 -- (.trap 0x1)Unable to read trap frame at 00000000`00000001LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff803533e16d6 to fffff80353359fa0CONTEXT:  7400001fc8143d80 -- (.cxr 0x7400001fc8143d80)Unable to read context, Win32 error 0n30STACK_TEXT:  ffffd001`d1944bf8 fffff803`533e16d6 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000096 fffff803`5335dac2 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckExffffd001`d1944c00 fffff803`533614ed : ffffd001`d1945370 00000000`00000000 ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffd001`d1944d70 : nt!KiFatalExceptionHandler+0x22ffffd001`d1944c40 fffff803`532eb105 : 00000000`00000001 fffff803`53206000 ffffd001`d1945b00 ffffe001`00000000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xdffffd001`d1944c70 fffff803`532e9fbf : ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffd001`d1945870 ffffd001`d1945b68 ffffe001`5006a3c0 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x1a5ffffd001`d1945340 fffff803`53365bc2 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe001`4da090e0 00000000`00000001 ffffe001`4da09000 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x61fffffd001`d1945a30 fffff803`533640fe : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 ffffe001`4da09000 ffffd001`d191c180 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2ffffd001`d1945c10 fffff803`5335dac2 : ffffd001`d191c180 ffffd001`d191c180 ffffd001`d19282c0 00000000`0000901b : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0xfeffffd001`d1945da0 00000000`00000000 : ffffd001`d1946000 ffffd001`d1940000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x32FOLLOWUP_IP: nt!KiIdleLoop+32fffff803`5335dac2 440f22c1        mov     cr8,rcxSYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  7SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!KiIdleLoop+32FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwnerMODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_NAME:  ntkrnlmp.exeDEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  53388e13STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0x7400001fc8143d80 ; kbFAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1e_c0000096_nt!KiIdleLoop+32BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1e_c0000096_nt!KiIdleLoop+32Followup: MachineOwner 

The company went bankrupt... I highly doubt there's anything leff

Oops. Well, it definitely is a CPU issue, probably caused by faulty Microcode.

TO the OP:

Do you happen to know what manufacturer provided the BIOS flash images? It should be something like: American Megatrends, Insyde, AMI, Award, or Phoenix.

There are tools that can dump the BIOS image from your laptop. I can then take a look at it and send it off to some of my friends who deal with CPU microcode updates and BIOS images. 

v2PZ5i1.png

So apparently my motherboard is a Clevo B7130, I'm guessing Q-force just bought the cheapest hardware it could find and made a case around it and called it a day.

I can still go on the website and find drivers but nothing else.
So my question now is, if I find an other laptop with the same motherboard and I download that bios update, will that work or will it brick my laptop?

With school starting next month for me that's about the last thing I want (but rather now then when I'm at school).

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.