ASRock Z97 EXTREME6?

I chose the ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard for a build, but I've been told to avoid ASRock due to low quality. I've been advised to purchase the Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H instead. What are your thoughts on this ASRock motherboard, and should I purchase the Gigabyte instead or are there better alternatives? 

For reference purposes only, here are some of the other components of the build. 

Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX Full Tower Case

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler 

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory

Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB Superclocked ACX Video Card 

EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I don't know why someone would tell you to avoid AsRock, I've heard plenty of good things about them. That motherboard is pretty well reviewed and has good features. That Gigabyte motherboard is also a solid choice. The Asus Z97-K is a good motherboard.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I would only buy a motherboard from the main brands, such as MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, or EVGA.

ASrock should be fine though, a lot of people sue them for budget builds. Just check the customer reviews before buying one to make sure there isnt some giant flaw.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Personally I'd go with Asus but that's just me. 

As far as I'm aware there's nothing wrong with Asrock's boards. Is it the first brand that comes to mind when you say quality? No. But, their boards are good enough for extreme overclockers and honestly that's usually good enough for me. If their boards can survive that kind of stuff then it shouldn't be a problem for whatever you're going to throw at it.

Me personally, I see Gigabyte as a lower quality brand as their products always look cheap to me. Not to mention I lost all trust in Gigabyte after I saw this.

AsRock Motherboards are fine, if you don't wana go with one from them i personally would choose a Gigabyte motherboard or ASUS one depending on what you need and your price range

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Hello and welcome to the LTT forum

Always associated Asrock with cheaper lower quality boards. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a motherboard from a brand such as MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, or EVGA.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Can anyone recommend an MSI, ASUS or EVGA alternative?

I'd like to choose a company that has a more well-established reputation, so I'd appreciate recommendations for an MSI, ASUS or EVGA alternative. 

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Can anyone recommend an MSI, ASUS or EVGA alternative?

The Z97 Extreme6 is the best board in its price range, you arent going to find an MSI, Asus, or EVGA alternative for the money. Not without compromising with what the ASRock will offer instead.

Go with the Extreme6 they have been solid boards for quite some time.

The Z97 Extreme6 is the best board in its price range, you arent going to find an MSI, Asus, or EVGA alternative for the money. Not without compromising with what the ASRock will offer instead.

Go with the Extreme6 they have been solid boards for quite some time.

The z97x-gaming 5 comes with a native 8+0 phase design and is 10$ cheaper, the extreme6 is just a 6+1 with a doubler but however the Asrock has better mosfet quality. VRM doesnt matter that much for Haswell anyways but there's no best board for a certain price range especially from MSI/Asus/Gigabyte/Asrock. They just differ on features, aesthetics, gimmicks but theyre all quality/reliability wise the same.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Can anyone recommend an MSI, ASUS or EVGA alternative?

There's nothing wrong with Asrock at all, the reasoning why has been always nonsense. Go with something like this if you ever want to do 2way sli https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97extreme3

If you don't care about SLI https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97anniversary

People who fcking say that about ASRock need to start paying attention to reviewers all over the internet and need to start using their own brain.

As a pc builder myself, i hold the extreme series of ASRock as high tier mobos. Also, ASRock has the best quality cheap mobos you can find. Everyone started laughing at ASRock b85 and h87 "gaming" motherboard but look what hapenned.... Asus and MSI did it months later too.

As far as motherboard goes, ASRock and Asus have been the ones to set the pace on alot of stuff. Also, They are basicly the ones trying new stuff on their motherboards, since forever. 

Examples: asrock implemented new msatas, asrock built (old days) AGP + PCi-e lanes so you could have your old gpu one new mobo (when pci-e started as norm). ASRock started the low budget (b85/h87) overclocking gaming mobos, with other brands followed like 6 months later. Asus developed their own sound system and alot other inovative stuff that other brands kinda followed.

All in all, the extreme 6 in one of the really good motherboards ASRock has to offer right now. The brand is good and the motherboards are really solid.

edit: extreme 6 is 12 power phase design, not 6+1 O_o