How much will the i3 4150 bottleneck the GTX 770?

a 550W PSU is plenty for that setup.

550W for any single CPU + GPU, both overclocked is more than enough:

No. That guy was talking about why not get a 290.... A 290 wont run in his system with a 550 lol

Since you have a h97, get a locked process

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Thanks everyone for all your answers I really appreciate the help, was kinda worried but now I feel better, haha.

Since you have a h97, get a locked process

That's what I did :)

Intel Core i3 4150, Asrock H97 ITX AC, MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 770 OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 @ 1600 mhz , Rosewill Capstone 550W, Obsidian 250D.  :D 

Lol 550w psu cant support a 290 his psu will melt 750 watt min

Lul. My 280x and 8320 both oced struggles to make my rm750 turn on its fan most of the time. I think he will be fine with an i3 and 290 on a 550w.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Lul. My 280x and 8320 both oced struggles to make my rm750 turn on its fan most of the time. I think he will be fine with an i3 and 290 on a 550w.

I dont think I will go past the 770 with an i3. haha.

Intel Core i3 4150, Asrock H97 ITX AC, MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 770 OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 @ 1600 mhz , Rosewill Capstone 550W, Obsidian 250D.  :D 

In planetside2 a 8350 bottlenecks my beast evga gtx770..its very cpu heavy tho...the i3 will be a problem in the long term..

In planetside2 a 8350 bottlenecks my beast evga gtx770..its very cpu heavy tho...the i3 will be a problem in the long term..

That's because you are using an FX processor to play an MMO.  The i3 will outperform the FX8 in this type of game because of its strong cores.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

That's because you are using an FX processor to play an MMO.  The i3 will outperform the FX8 in this type of game because of its strong cores.

i call bs,the 8350 is still a good processor,and i doubt an i3 4150 outperforms it in any way.

i call bs,the 8350 is still a good processor,and i doubt an i3 4150 outperforms it in any way.

Educate yourself young one.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Wtf this thread..If you don't have experience,don't talk at all....

Ahh,i wish i was in my pc so i can show you smart guys how the i3 exactly performed in bf4.

i3's are underestimated.I had an i3 with a 770 and the results are almost identical to my current i5 overclocked in cpu intensive games.

You made a good choice OP.Anyone that suggests more expensive CPU than a graphics card in GAMES doesn't know what's he talking about.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Obviously i3+GTX 770 is a better choice, than i5+GTX 760. So, yes, you did right, also haswell's i3 is pretty strong comparing to ivy & sandy. Anyway in games like Crysis 3 or Battlefield 3/4 i5 & i7 will show better results, as those games like more cores & they also support hyperthreading technology. So I would recommend you to get i7 when you will have enough money for PC upgrade, as you see modern games support HT.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Wtf this thread..If you don't have experience,don't talk at all....

Ahh,i wish i was in my pc so i can show you smart guys how the i3 exactly performed in bf4.

i3's are underestimated.I had an i3 with a 770 and the results are almost identical to my current i5 overclocked in cpu intensive games.

You made a good choice OP.Anyone that suggests more expensive CPU than a graphics card in GAMES doesn't know what's he talking about.

Nice to hear an opinion for someone who had an i3 with a 770 :) 

Feeling much better now, haha.

to also help you out with what Faceman sent you, they actually did a CPU test on planetside 2 with funny enough a 770 as the gpu of choice. there is serious truth for this particular game

http://www.hardwarepal.com/planetside-2-cpu-benchmark/

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

to also help you out with what Faceman sent you, they actually did a CPU test on planetside 2 with funny enough a 770 as the gpu of choice. there is serious truth for this particular game

looks alright,planetside2 is the worst optimized game i have ever seen in my life so thats also a factor.

i get 90-100fps in bf3 and i get barely 50fps in planetside2 when maxing it out. and it doesnt look twice as good ><

That looks pretty interesting.

It got even better frames than the fx 8320. lol

Edit: I keep looking at those benchmarks and I just get even more hyped when I see the numbers in every game. :D

That looks pretty interesting.

It got even better frames than the fx 8320. lol

Edit: I keep looking at those benchmarks and I just get even more hyped when I see the numbers in every game. :D

they did a more full test that i just saw too http://www.hardwarepal.com/best-cpu-gaming-9-processors-8-games-tested/

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Yeah, after I looked at the one you sent I looked at the other ones too, looking pretty awesome.