Battlefield 3 Nerf Conspiracy

Good day ladies and gents, and please put on your tinfoil hats for this would be one conspiracy that just came to me...

Also, pardon if this is in the wrong section since I'd like to put this in the foreground for a small amount of time...

As we can remember Battlefield 3 became free on Origin last June. Since then, a lot of new players joined the crowd...

Now, more than a month later, I've experienced and seen posts about drops in performance on this game.

This topic is inspired by this thread...

Now for the conspiracy part...

With Battlefield 4 in full swing and Hardline coming soon, I think that EA is deliberately nerfing Battlefield 3 in an attempt to sway its

install base, including especially those who got the game through Origin's "On The House", to abandon Battlefield 3 (whose servers

would shut down quietly in the background), and move to Battlefield 4, while at the same time, increasing the hype for Hardline.

My proof:
Posts/topics regarding decreased performance of Battlefield 3 on hardware that should be more than capable of running the systsem.

Please note that this is just a theory and should be taken with a grain of salt unless proven otherwise.

My BF4 is performing horribly 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Even if EA are nerfing the game, which would be stupid if they were, I still wouldn't buy Hardline or play BF4 again, even after giving it a final chance after the newest DLC. If this were true and not just a theory, they'd only be shooting themselves in the foot.

In short, all EA games of recent years haven't been installed on my system for a while, so I couldn't care less.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

*cough* did someone say conspiracy?

The problem with calling this a conspiracy is that a conspiracy must be unprovable, and this is easily provable.

All one must do is look for this simple logo on the game

ea-games-logo-electronic-arts.jpg

This sort of behavior is well documented from EA, especially their sports division. They shutdown servers for old games in order to force everyone to buy the next one.

Also BF4 is doing horrible right now, the new expansion pack has several guns that are FAR overpowered, and the lag I've been experiencing even though I have a "low ping" in the 60ish range on the servers I play on has absolutely ruined the experience

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

For people saying No, what GPU/Driver set are you running? I am interested...

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are doing it. It is bloody EA after all. The thing is BF3 is still a very good and popular game so if they are trying to kill it in my opinion they are doing a bad move. I already won't get any more games from the BF series after the catastrophe that BF4 was and since Hardline was awful during Beta. If I'm honest I really wish EA goes under one day and other companies take over their games since they only keep making things worse and keep killing off great series.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they are doing it. It is bloody EA after all. The thing is BF3 is still a very good and popular game so if they are trying to kill it in my opinion they are doing a bad move. I already won't get any more games from the BF series after the catastrophe that BF4 was and since Hardline was awful during Beta. If I'm honest I really wish EA goes under one day and other companies take over their games since they only keep making things worse and keep killing off great series.

You do realize, this is EA we're talking about......

Coming next, 5fps on xbox 360 for BF3 users.

Fixed that for you :P

EDIT: Also

EAfw.png

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Ill vouch for you as a president of the us. EA just cares about money and ratings not about customers, truth be told they are not going to resolve the nerf

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

You do realize, this is EA we're talking about......

...and you do realise that it's all EA's fault that BF4 was a massive fail and that Hardline might as well be a whole new game since it really breaks off from what Battlefield was.It's EA so they are marketing it as a Battlefield game just to get more users to buy the game thinking that it will be another Battlefield game where in reality it is nothing like the previous ones.

...and you do realise that it's all EA's fault that BF4 was a massive fail and that Hardline might as well be a whole new game since it really breaks off from what Battlefield was.It's EA so they are marketing it as a Battlefield game just to get more users to buy the game thinking that it will be another Battlefield game where in reality it is nothing like the previous ones.

tumblr_mcd1amEDaM1r4t7nto1_400.gif

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS ME

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

*cough* did someone say conspiracy?

The problem with calling this a conspiracy is that a conspiracy must be unprovable, and this is easily provable.

All one must do is look for this simple logo on the game

-unholy logo-

This sort of behavior is well documented from EA, especially their sports division. They shutdown servers for old games in order to force everyone to buy the next one.

Also BF4 is doing horrible right now, the new expansion pack has several guns that are FAR overpowered, and the lag I've been experiencing even though I have a "low ping" in the 60ish range on the servers I play on has absolutely ruined the experience

I knew that this was happening on their EA sports line of games...

I never expected it to reach their Battlefield series of games... I've been watching over the series since it went head to head with Call of Duty and Medal of Honor...

I knew that this was happening on their EA sports line of games...

I never expected it to reach their Battlefield series of games... I've been watching over the series since it went head to head with Call of Duty and Medal of Honor...

Yes, yes yes and yes.

This is EA. This is no surprise. When they decide "oh well it's time for you to buy more" they will force you to if they can, possibly with a gun if they could find a way to get away with it. Also I love that instead of -snip- you put -unholy logo-

Death to EA

The thing is, BF3, when it came out was really big for EA, and now they want it to be like the COD series, a cash cow that doesn't really give consumers much value but gives EA tons of $.

I'm thinking of a really great game from EA since the 2nd decade of the millennium that I enjoyed playing... so far it's PvZ GOTY, and they gave it for free :lol:

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

*Also BF4 is doing horrible right now, the new expansion pack has several guns that are FAR overpowered, and the lag I've been experiencing even though I have a "low ping" in the 60ish range on the servers I play on has absolutely ruined the experience

No. Your biased uncomplete perspective correlates with your percieved imbalance ;)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

No performance drops 4 me (gtx660, AMD 965, 6GB DDR3) but how will EA ruin in game performance without any update ?? 

I picked no.  Thing is I am not experiencing any performance decline or well more accurately don't know of any because I played the game maybe once if that.  I have multiple copies of the game too but because my son only plays NHL EA games and had played TF2  in the past only pretty much I never got around to experiencing BF3.  I find playing multiplayer games not as fun anymore unless I am playing them with family and so many games I have just are not used.  As for EA possibly gimping performance hey if Ubisoft can gimp stuff to sell more console copies of a game why can't EA do something to sell more copies of BF4 and kill BF3.  I believe it is possible.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Its probably just people not knpw how to config a pc game.

Its probably just people not knpw how to config a pc game.

Not true in my case... I tested from 1204x768 minimum all the way to 1366x768 max and there was no improvement whatsoever.

Coming next, 20fps on xbox 360 for BF3 users.

well bf3 runs at 24 in the 360 not 30...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

wat?

yes 24 fps i'm not joking, but only in the MP

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here