Battlefield 3 Nerf Conspiracy

yes 24 fps i'm not joking, but only in the MP

oh shit I was not aware of this I thought 360 games were all 30fps with very few instances of slowdown, you're telling me it's normal operation for that game to end up in the 20s?

See people knock COD for looking the same each year but the hardware didn't change, and they made the decision to keep the visuals basic and have a 60fps lock all the time, I think it was the right decision and accounts for a big part of why COD is so popular.

The only game I played on console that had that kind of issue was GTA V, it was constantly in the 20s on the PS3 I played it on.

oh shit I was not aware of this I thought 360 games were all 30fps with very few instances of slowdown, you're telling me it's normal operation for that game to end up in the 20s?

See people knock COD for looking the same each year but the hardware didn't change, and they made the decision to keep the visuals basic and have a 60fps lock all the time, I think it was the right decision and accounts for a big part of why COD is so popular.

The only game I played on console that had that kind of issue was GTA V, it was constantly in the 20s on the PS3 I played it on.

i think bf3 (probably bf4 too) is the only xbox game that runs at that framerate, sp does run 30 with a few drops, but i think dice locked 24 for multiplayer due to how random MP is and it probably dipped a lot in 30 to have noticeable stutter and artifacts, that's what i'm guessing though, dice nor ea have talked about how the game performed in the 360, (because they were busy addressing this issue on the ps3, due to public outrage, also the beta was the glitchiest piece of software i have ever used), and yeah your right about cod keeping graphics very bland because of framerate, something that actually bothers me, this mentality of them is that they keep high framerate is obviously to provide a more consistent experience, then again these cheaps fucks can't provide dedicated servers to their fan base, or at least allow community ones for the pc releases -__-

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i think bf3 (probably bf4 too) is the only xbox game that runs at that framerate, sp does run 30 with a few drops, but i think dice locked 24 for multiplayer due to how random MP is and it probably dipped a lot in 30 to have noticeable stutter and artifacts, that's what i'm guessing though, dice nor ea have talked about how the game performed in the 360, (because they were busy addressing this issue on the ps3, due to public outrage, also the beta was the glitchiest piece of software i have ever used), and yeah your right about cod keeping graphics very bland because of framerate, something that actually bothers me, this mentality of them is that they keep high framerate is obviously to provide a more consistent experience, then again these cheaps fucks can't provide dedicated servers to their fan base, or at least allow community ones for the pc releases -__-

When you are launching on console compromises must be made, but on PC there is no excuse.

When you are launching on console compromises must be made, but on PC there is no excuse.

ofc that true but putting a million dollars (or less, i'm exaggerating here) for proper server infrastructure can't be that hard when bf does it on the damn consoles, and is something people have requested well before MW2, and more so when you make fucking BILLIONS OF DOLLARS YEARLY on the series, i bet that can't be fucking hard for them, and even more if you take into account the gave bungie half BILLION dollars to build a series, that isn't proven on its own, its relying completely on the developer experience and knowledge

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That would not make any sense at all. BF4 is a more demanding game, only an idiot would get it if he can't even suddenly run BF3 properly.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

if ea really have nerfed bf3 then its definatley a very bold move if people were to find out about it 'officaly' meaning they could prove it, then ea would lose lots of its already small fan base. we are fans of the game not ea so firstly ea ruining a game the majority of us enjoyed and still do enjoy is a sting in the arse and i would be very unhappy of this. also for the fact that ea has done this to improve sales of their upcoming games is just disgraceful. a shameful and plain wrong tactic. i really hope ea isnt doing this.  they must know we arent happy with the state of bf4 and to try make it better by making the past iteration worse is damn right wrong. i say it again i really hope ea arent doing this but with them i really dont know.

Does it matter? Anyone playing BF3 is missing out.

Also I don't think anything can beat watch dogs for the "nerfed" sector

A lot of players started BF3 when it was "On The House" on Origin... There are many new players who may be affected...

DigitalHermit, on 04 Aug 2014 - 2:27 PM, said:

A lot of players started BF3 when it was "On The House" on Origin... There are many new players who may be affected...

PC gaming has its bugs... Some people just have bad luck with some games.

People have had BF4 not work properly. Maybe some people do something to make it better, and other people dont