Apple now officially owns Beats

Dietrichw

Source

Apple-Beats-deal-630x450.jpg

A smidge over two months after Apple announced its plan to nab Dr. Dre's headphone and music streaming interests, the folks in Cupertino have officially welcomed Beats to the family. The US government didn't seem to take issue with the purchase, giving the final stamp of approval. Both sides have also posted statements on their respective sites celebrating the union that's now a done deal. The $3 billion dollar purchase of the Beats brand brings not only popular audio devices and a personalized streaming service into Apple's fold, but also the talents of CEO Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre and music head Ian Rogers to the table for future projects.

I actually think Apple is just taking the aesthetic designers from beats and using them and maybe the audio engineers to help the built in phone speakers because those things are bad 

Apple Beats everyone else to the purchase of that company.

Yeah, it was terrible, I admit that.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Apple Beats everyone else to the purchase.

Yeah, it was terrible, I admit that.

And Dr Dre Beats everyone else to the mutha fuckin' sale!

Honestly, I can imagine Apple up-ing beats sound quality. It'll still cost a fortune, but I foresee it being a good thing for the industry.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Steve jobs is now rolling in his grave!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular