Graphics cards cooler TESTED!

i_build_nanosuits

Hey guys!

I just came across a video that might be helpful to you whenever you have to recommend a graphics card, those are the coolers that have been tested by Linus for NCIX:

ASUS direct CU II

CLUB 3d ROYAL ACE

GIGABYTE WINDFORCE

MSI LIGHTNING

MSI TWINFROZR

XFX DOUBLE D (Double dissipation)

Reference AMD hawaii board cooler (not even worth mentionning, it's trash)

The test where the ones of the R9 290X which is the hottest running GPU available on the market ATM, testing was done running a 30 minute pass on Furmark on performance settings for all cards...

so this is really the WORST KEY SCENARIO for these coolers...and also the perfect way to test them against one another!

This is why i wanted to show you the results...i see a lot of ASUS and Gigabyte cards being recommended in here...but apparently the cooling solutions on them are among the worst available:

TEMPERATURE RESULTS:

Capture.jpg

full video here (there is also a graph about noise level in wich all cards performed about the same so it's not worth mentionning, of course the reference cooler is loud as f*ck and was the only one that standed out) :

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Good job on this! Gonna help me pick out my 290! But serisouly where is the PCS+ and Sapphire Cards?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Good job on this! Gonna help me pick out my 290! But serisouly where is the PCS+ and Sapphire Cards?

i don't know man i guess they didn't bothered sending sample for review?! i can't tell but i know for sure that the sapphire cards would have done great...they always do ;)

MSI is king amongst the one's linus tested...but the lightning cost a lot more :D...i'm leaving the obvious choice for you to pick on the table right here...a hint: it's one of the best priced card on top of that ! :P

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Tri X is around 72c on load.

i don't know man i guess they didn't bothered sending sample for review?! i can't tell but i know for sure that the sapphire cards would have done great...they always do ;)

MSI is king amongst the one's linus tested.

MSI never dissapoints, there solid cards.

Tri X is around 72c on load.

I saw the PCS+ and it was 68 under load, the coolest of them all, but its 4.6 inches thick and longer than a windforce ;)

I saw the PCS+ and it was 68 under load, the coolest of them all, but its 4.6 inches thick and longer than a windforce ;)

yeah but don't forget the testing was not done under the same conditions...Linus tested cards back to back in the same ambient temp running the same softwares on the same machine...you can't compare his results with results from other website...

do they used furmark? for how long, at what ambient temps, at what resolution, in what case, how good was the ventilation...etc...you get where i'm coming with this?

yeah but don't forget the testing was not done under the same conditions...Linus tested cards back to back in the same ambient temp running the same softwares on the same machine...you can't compare his results with results from other website...

do they used furmark? for how long, at what ambient temps, at what resolution, in what case, how good was the ventilation...etc...you get where i'm coming with this?

Also skip the girl, she has no idea what she is saying :P

It would be nice if we were given the ambient temp so we could compare against other reviews. One thing is obvious the Lightning has the best PCB and power delivery, but it's also the most $$$

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

!snip!

Also skip the girl, she has no idea what she is saying :P

ahhh...right there...he mentionned it...he tested running unigive wich is nowhere near as torturing for the GPU as FurMark is...Furmark is the ultimate torture test for video cards, nothing makes them run as hot as Furmark

ahhh...right there...he mentionned it...he tested running unigive wich is nowhere near as torturing for the GPU as FurMark is...Furmark is the ultimate torture test for video cards, nothing makes them run as hot as Furmark

Didnt know that :)

Didnt know that :)

FurMark is the ''prime95'' of video cards man

Don't tell anyone i told you that tho :ph34r:

On a more serious note, unigine is a benchmark test...FurMark is a stress test...not the same at all.

Just like PassMark is a CPU benchmark test, and Prime95 is a stress test. (also called Torture test...for a reason... :angry:)