EVGA 1200P2 gets 2nd ever 10/10 from JonnyGuru

VSG

After that magnificent Corsair ax1500i, now comes another PSU with no flaws: EVGA Supernova P2 1200W Review

Pretty incredible stuff from Super Flower and EVGA here. I also liked the tease for the 1600G2/P2/T2:

Corsair might be feeling some heat from these guys. I mean, they have no competition yet for the AX1500i, but... oh. Folks, I just looked at my shelf full of review units and saw what's up there. Corsair's gotta be a bit worried now.

The 1300G2 is cheaper but this platform brings the eco mode to it (and the additional 2-4% efficiency if you care about it). Now all they need to go is go lower than 750W from the Leadex platform and EVGA will cover just about everyone.

Super flower FTW. (Well the models that have proper components anyway)

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

Glad to see more 10/10s!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yup I have that exact PSU but the 1000w model. The 10 year warranty sold it to me. Amazing unit and very clean/stable power.

the 1000w did not get 10/10 due to the manual and thats harsh tbh

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

To be honest, some units previously missed out due to mediocre manuals which I thought was pretty harsh.

That is why review scores really do not mean much

However good documentation is important too in my opinion and should be to a high standard especially considering the use and price of components like power supplies

I agree though deducting points for a bad manual is harsh, however it could potentially be an issue if somebody inexperianced needed information in the manual that was not there or was badly written

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

An achievement for EVGA indeed, JonnyGuru has my respect as a reviewer or PSUs not just because of the scoring but because of the level of understanding that shows through in the actual wording of the reviews.

Super flower FTW. (Well the models that have proper components anyway)

That's the biggest thing that differs them from Seasonic in my eyes, they don't trickle down high end components to the same level, where as you'll see 105c jap caps in some quite low end Seasonic units often.

Now this is news

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Glorious EVGA. 

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

EVGA-SuperFlower Master Race.

Phanteks Master Race.

To be honest, some units previously missed out due to mediocre manuals which I thought was pretty harsh.

A perfect 10/10 has to mean something...

Also, they overlooked the manual a little on the AX1500i review. "I won't go too hard on them for saving some paper."

Oh man that HotBox 5V regulation. Less than 0.1%.

OW briefly commented on the Seasonic v Superflower race for Titanium. I think Superflower is winning. They've already certified their upcoming Leadex Titanium series, ranging from a tiny 750W all the way to 1600W. Presumably the EVGA T2 1600W unit will be based on this platform.

Things OW could have pulled points for:

Soldering.

Loose centre standoff on modular board.

Hardwired FDD connector on 5.25" chain.

And in my opinion, the BB fan. 10 year warranty, remember.

Might have been the AX1500i review where OW said he may have to get more accurate testing equipment to measure to 2 decimel places if he keeps getting units like these. Maybe he will. Technology keeps marching forwards. I wonder if 100A+ single rail units will be marked against. It is interesting to read the scoring page, where OW says he'll be scoring on both Cold & Hot tests now.

I think it says more for the 10/10 units if everything HAS to be perfect

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO