Razer switches?

Totally-A-Hero

I went to best buy and felt some Cherry mx browns, and razer switches. The Razer's were clicky and responsive,the browns felt very heavy and sluggish, id say i prefer my rubber domes over them. What is the razer switch closest to on the cherry mx scale, cuz i dont want a razer keyboard, Are they like blues?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

cuz i dont want a razer keyboard,

good, wait for corsair K95 RGB or something if you want a mechanical keyboard. Don't give into Razers crappy re-branded crap. And I think their green switch is closest to a MX blue. 

razer has a blue and brown equivalent, so I'd say you tried the one closest to the mx blue.

id say i prefer my rubber domes over them.

But you use a mechanical keyboard in your sig? 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Razer green is closest to cherry blue, Razer Orange is closest to cherry Brown.

Ok i liked the greens very much, i might check the price on them and cosider buying them.

Ok i liked the greens very much, i might check the price on them and cosider buying them.

or buy something that has a lower price tag for the same thing. Razer makes you pay big for the brand. You can find MX blues for a good price if you look around at the right places. 

or buy something that has a lower price tag for the same thing. Razer makes you pay big for the brand. You can find MX blues for a good price if you look around at the right places. 

There tenkeyless with greens is 80 bucks, i want tenkeyless so i may bet that.

So in conclusion, is it ok to buy razer switches? And if i dont i should get blues cuz i like the greens?

does anyone have experience with them?

Which keyboard with brown switches did you try?

Which keyboard with brown switches did you try?

K70, they just felt very cluncky, i woulnt play games on them, i already no reds are garb, ive never felt them but i know there trash. I really like the razer switch and am going to try some blues, if blues are fine ill get a blue switch, because tbh razer is overpriced by about 20 bucks. (and not blue backlighting like k70)

I went to best buy and felt some Cherry mx browns, and razer switches. The Razer's were clicky and responsive,the browns felt very heavy and sluggish, id say i prefer my rubber domes over them. What is the razer switch closest to on the cherry mx scale, cuz i dont want a razer keyboard, Are they like blues?

Don't buy a shitty razer.

Either wait for the RGB keyboard or a cheap qpad mk85

K70, they just felt very cluncky, i woulnt play games on them, i already no reds are garb, ive never felt them but i know there trash. I really like the razer switch and am going to try some blues, if blues are fine ill get a blue switch, because tbh razer is overpriced by about 20 bucks. (and not blue backlighting like k70)

Lol wat? reds are awesome. You are hearing these opinions from blue elistists. They are opinions for a reason. Dont be a sheepie, make your own opinions, dont listen to snobs

Um reds are mushy, i like clicky. I like the razer switch and blues, hate browns. If i want to buy a razer i will, there is nothing wrong with them. They are a bit overpriced but i dont mind paying it if i like the switch better.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the new razer switches for about a week and a half. So far they are basically impossible to type on. They are like cherry mx blacks with a click, and there was alot of variation between keys.

Rant: I use reds for gaming and typing and I love them more than blues and browns. Blues have crappy double tap speed compared to reds, and reds are faster for typing for me because i don't have to put in the extra effort to get past the tactile bump. It really depends on your style of typing but don't you DARE say they are OR mushy. People who says they are mushy are lying to you because of fanboy-ism. Browns are the closest to feeling mushy because of the stationary bump (unlike the blues which have the bump on a slider), and because of this they feel quite like the folding on the membrane keyboards, but still don't feel entirely mushy. Linear is the best way to describe them. They are pretty flat aside from the spring tension getting higher from the spring compressing. 

Opinion on Razer BW 2014: It is fine but does have a lot of variance from key to  key. If you are a very heavy handed typist and will bottom out the entire time than this really won't matter to you. This keyboard is fine as long as you understand what the switches are and what they aren't and what ever you do DO NOT INSTALL RAZER SYNAPSE, IT IS TOTAL BULL @#$%.

Hope that helps ^^

the problem with razer switches is they are kailh switches instead of cherry and kailh switches have a reputation of having inconsistent feedback between each key and they are usually less durable and kailh keys are supposed to be much cheaper than cherry keys but in razers case they are the same or more expensive

RZBWU_14.JPGRazer Switches are just re-branded Kahil switches (Logo under Razer). That itself should be enough justification to NOT GET A RAZER BOARD.