asus strix gtx780 6gb oc

markj
Go to solution Solved by markj,

Hmm... problem is past 1080p your only option is kind of AMD 290x or the 780 6GB as 3GB of VRAM will be pushing it in some games.

My guess without looking is that the better performing solution (290x) is quite a bit cheaper, depends if you're willing to pay to have NVidia hardware :)

Yes im ready to pay a bit more for nvidia hardware. and im think that asus strix gtx780 6gb will be my desition.

Does any one know is this graphics card is worth of money and it is good in performence? I need help to deside is it worth to by this card.

it's a great card but i would only get a 6gb card if you were going to be playing at high resolutions/multi-monitor.
you can get better performance for the same or less money on a lower VRAM 780ti on 1080 gaming

Does any one know is this graphics card is worth of money and it is good in performence? I need help to deside is it worth to by this card.

I personally would not purchase this card. IMO  Asus really missed the mark this generation. Their coolers have been less than stellar.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_strix_6_gb_graphics_card_review,9.html

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

soo asus gtx 780ti would be better? and im  using Dell p2714h 27 inch monitor.

I personally would not purchase this card. IMO  Asus really missed the mark this generation. Their coolers have been less than stellar.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_strix_6_gb_graphics_card_review,9.html

The cooler is fine ... did you even read the dam review ? http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_strix_6_gb_graphics_card_review,8.html that's 75c under load ... hardly hot at all ... in fact that's quite cool for a GPU of this caliber.

You're only using a 1080p monitor. A standard GTX780 3GB will be just fine.

However I personally prefer the R9 290 from AMD, it's better value in most countries right now if you're open to suggestions.

But as i did my  reserch asus strix gtx780 is prety close to gtx780ti in performance and strix is much cheaper. http://gpuboss.com/graphics-card/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-780-STRIX-OC-Edition-6-GB

That site alone isn't very good for measuring card performance.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_780_strix_6_gb_graphics_card_review,13.html

780ti has a lead but both are way too overkill at 1080p 60Hz monitor like yours.

You're only using a 1080p monitor. A standard GTX780 3GB will be just fine.

However I personally prefer the R9 290 from AMD, it's better value in most countries right now if you're open to suggestions.

I have bad relation ship with radeon. They realy tend to break down in my computer after woranty ends.:D

I have bad relation ship with radeon. They realy tend to break down in my computer after woranty ends. :D

Hmm fair enough, if you want NVidia get NVidia, but I still stand by my R9 290 recommendations :P

But GTX780 standard is the best card for you. Anything else isn't worth the money, to be honest you'd most likely be fine with GTX770 at 1080p/60hz

and i know my monitor is prety shity. im in the future planing to buy something better.

im thinking to buy this monitor as well BenQ XL2720Z

im thinking to buy this monitor as well BenQ XL2720Z

Well that is still 1080p so you'll be fine with 3GB of VRAM in the standard 780, and it's 144Hz which means depending on games 780ti might make sense.

What games do you mainly play?

I play games like battelfield 4 mostly.

I play games like battelfield 4 mostly.

You'd probably do well with a single 3GB GTX780, maybe step up to a 780ti if you like overkill.

A 20% overclock on 780 brings it to 780ti levels :)

Okey it was prety helful. And one more question perhaps 1440p monitor wuold be better decision?

Okey it was prety helful. And one more question perhaps 1440p monitor wuold be better decision?

Hmm... problem is past 1080p your only option is kind of AMD 290x or the 780 6GB as 3GB of VRAM will be pushing it in some games.

My guess without looking is that the better performing solution (290x) is quite a bit cheaper, depends if you're willing to pay to have NVidia hardware :)

Yes im ready to pay a bit more for nvidia hardware. and im think that asus strix gtx780 6gb will be my desition.