Nvidia over AMD?

xXButchXx

Well the fact that the r9 290x has like 1.5-1.7x of the compute performance of the 780ti,that should be the case.

nvidia is going to have to kick it up a notch on the compute front or bring pricing down on the Titan Black in order to compete.

nvidia is going to have to kick it up a notch on the compute front or bring pricing down on the Titan Black in order to compete.

Will you just stop it now? You have been troll bating this entire thread. What the hell is wrong with you? Do you like these fanboy wars?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Will you just stop it now? You have been troll bating this entire thread. What the hell is wrong with you? Do you like these fanboy wars?

Ill just ignore you then LOL. Good day to you.

U know, that AMD card pulls air from the front too (next to the Radeon" word)? That AMD card has a way worse cooling design. Those 2 coolers don't work the same way and you can see it by the way that fan itself is done. From personal experience, that Nvidia is more efficient. 

IMO the AMD reference cooler has been used as a scapegoat for too long. It moves plenty of air with slightly larger blower fins and spacing for better movement of air volume. All necessary for keeping the chip cool at necessary RPM with the downside of added noise. The vent "next to the word Radeon" isn't an intake, it's there because the AMD design needed more vent "real estate" for its exaust.

radeon-290x-hsf-645x469.jpg

The point was flip-flopping the coolers wont flip-flop temps. The Hawaii is just plain hot.

Also, providing the heat transfer rates in wattage for each cooler goes a lot farther than "personal experience".

hamlet-world-book-day.jpgtumblr_m3aywbeI5c1r62zy2.jpg

I guess according to your analogy that these must be the same too then hmm? I mean, both have pages, both were written by influential and to this day well-known authors, yet only one has red on the front, at least of the particular editions I have shown.

Both would produce similar BTUs when tossed in a fireplace. Both would probably work well to prop up an uneven chair or table.

IMO the AMD reference cooler has been used as a scapegoat for too long. It moves plenty of air with slightly larger blower fins and spacing for better movement of air volume. All necessary for keeping the chip cool at necessary RPM with the downside of added noise. The vent "next to the word Radeon" isn't an intake, it's there because the AMD design needed more vent "real estate" for its exaust.

radeon-290x-hsf-645x469.jpg

The point was flip-flopping the coolers wont flip-flop temps. The Hawaii is just plain hot.

Also, providing the heat transfer rates in wattage for each cooler goes a lot farther than "personal experience".

Both would produce similar BTUs when tossed in a fireplace. Both would probably work well to prop up an uneven chair or table.

Yet both work best when read.

Yet both work best when read.

That's very true. As books they are each well designed to be read.

So apparently thick-headedness is contagious?

Yes, you are a pretty good evidence of it.

Because you just kept feeding the troll...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Even though these tech youtubers say one thing, they do the other?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I really beleive, that CUDA and the "I have always use Nvidia" are the reasons. At least for most people.

CUDA is ok, but those CUDA cards does quite bad in Open CL. So when Adobe will switch Premiere Pro to Open CL, as they did with photoshop, situation could change, because AMD cards are great at Open CL (remember bitcoin mining).

For price to performance part - AMD wins hands down. Nvidia is more expensive at the same performance or at same price Nvidia performs worse.

GTX 750 Ti - same price as R7 265, performs like R7 260X.

GTX 660, 660 Ti - R9 270, 270X

and so on. AMD is more proce to performance in almost every price tag exept for 780Ti, were are no competitoin from AMD.

But this is good. I do not understand how people are getting more angry about AMD vs Nvidia stuff, but theu should be happy, because this duel makes prices come down. When AMD launched new cards, Nvidia had massive proice drops to not loos gigant market share.

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

Absolutely untrue. The Saphire R9 290x runs 10C cooler than the referance 780ti under load but that in no way makes it more reliable than nvidia LOL.

I Was Talking about the Stock r9 290 cooler :D

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

It only runs a lot hotter because it has a worse reference cooler design. AMD's cards don't draw that much more power than their nvidia counterparts, and designs by Sapphire have proven that the heat is nothing that can't be handled.

If only you could slap a 290 ref cooler onto a 780 to see what happens :P

Agreed :D I'd Only Go For Reference Version if i had to Watercool it

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

Yes, one is one of the most important political theories to ever be produced and the other is boring;-)

:o Shakespeare isn't boring!

:o Shakespeare isn't boring!

I was joking. But Hamlet is kinda baaaaah.....But I have been overexposed to it.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I was joking. But Hamlet is kinda baaaaah.....But I have been overexposed to it.

Hamlet maybe isn't the finest example, I personally like Macbeth (given I'm Scottish) and Julius Caesar (stemming from my interest in ancient Rome) the most. If you haven't read either of them then I would gladly recommend you do :)

Hamlet maybe isn't the finest example, I personally like Macbeth (given I'm Scottish) and Julius Caesar (stemming from my interest in ancient Rome) the most. If you haven't read either of them then I would gladly recommend you do :)

'

I have no idea what you are talking about....Oh, you mean the scottish play?:P (Sorry, i worked at a theater for a time. bad influence)

I have but it will go on my reread list.

The Scottish Play is great but also really, really weird in a way...like its really different in my opinion from most everything else shakespeare...I like theater and Macbeth is a really good play, which I last saw about 3 years ago, i think....but haven't read it for ages.

Seen far more shakespeare plays than what ive read so it might have influenced me but my top 5 would probably be The Tempest as the best, followed Julius Caesar , Henry V, and Romeo and Juliet and King Lear...in no particular order.

Tried them both. Both companies makes really good gpu's

All these amd vs Nvidia thread should die in a fire. It All depends on your needs and use.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

'

I have no idea what you are talking about....Oh, you mean the scottish play?:P (Sorry, i worked at a theater for a time. bad influence)

I have but it will go on my reread list.

The Scottish Play is great but also really, really weird in a way...like its really different in my opinion from most everything else shakespeare...I like theater and Macbeth is a really good play, which I last saw about 3 years ago, i think....but haven't read it for ages.

Seen far more shakespeare plays than what ive read so it might have influenced me but my top 5 would probably be The Tempest as the best, followed Julius Caesar , Henry V, and Romeo and Juliet and King Lear...in no particular order.

I have not been fortunate enough to have seen The Scottish Play at the theatre, or Julius Caesar for that matter but I have seen some of the more common productions such as Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Othello. I'll maybe read The Tempest, I have a copy of it :)

I tried a 7950 against my GTX 660Ti and it was not an enjoyable experience. I had more reliable results from the TI.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750