Nvidia over AMD?

xXButchXx

I rather get more for my money not less. I also rather have open standards that push the industry forward not stagnant.

If simply getting more FPS counts as "more" then you're incredibly simple minded. I'm not going to put any effort in trying to explain myself further, as it will just be a waste of time. So you can continue to go on your AMD rant, and I'll pay my extra money to be apart of a tech company that doesn't have quite as an embarrassing "fanboy" as yourself. Also, just to be an ass, I'm gonna tell you that just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean you have to consistently devalue Nvidia's products. You get what you pay for.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

If simply getting more FPS counts as "more" then you're incredibly simple minded. I'm not going to put any effort in trying to explain myself further, as it will just be a waste of time. So you can continue to go on your AMD rant, and I'll pay my extra money to be apart of a tech company that doesn't have quite as an embarrassing "fanboy" as yourself. Also, just to be an ass, I'm gonna tell you that just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean you have to consistently devalue Nvidia's products. You get what you pay for.

You get what you pay for; but if you don't use bells and whistles you paid extra for, you are idiot for spending more.

And amd has most of the most cost effieient cards. Nvidia only get better at highend gpu where cost efficiency is low anyway.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You get what you pay for; but if you don't use bells and whistles you paid extra for, you are idiot for spending more.

And amd has most of the most cost effieient cards. Nvidia only get better at highend gpu where cost efficiency is low anyway.

So apparently thick-headedness is contagious?

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

Even if that was the case, I fail to see why thats a problem?

Thats the case with tons of products.

Nobody is disagreeing with the fact that AMD is more cost efficient but that doesn't take anything away from what Nvidia does, nor does it make Nvidia owners idiots.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I prefer Nvidia drivers and support. They have a 60/40 market advantage and are given priority for compatibility by developers.

I prefer Nvidia chips. AMD can't compete without significantly more thermal output, which speaks volumes about their design. I would put a binned Nvidia chip over a binned AMD chip any day. Imo you'll have more headroom with Nvidia.

Also, just to be an ass, I'm gonna tell you that just because you can't afford it, doesn't mean you have to consistently devalue Nvidia's products. You get what you pay for.

The only thing that nvidia does exceedingly well is create asshole fan boys like yourself.

The only thing that nvidia does exceedingly well is create asshole fan boys like yourself.

Lol. It's not like you have called Nvidia owners idiots or anything? I forgot that the moral compass of AMD owners is perfect.

Project Insomnia

Why is it that the major tech youtubers use Nvidia graphics cards over AMD in their personal rigs?

- Linus uses 2 GTX Titans in SLI

- Slick uses a single GTX 780

- Austin Evans uses 2 GTX 780's in SLI

- Logan from Tek Syndicate uses a single GTX 780 ti

- Paul from Newegg uses a single GTX 770 4gb

- Jayztwocents uses 2 GTX 780's in SLI

- Elric from techoftomorrow uses Nvidia

- Kyle from newegg uses Nvidia

Does anybody know why this is the case? I'd really like to know.

Basically Nvidia Offers more reliability Because they run ALOT cooler

But It Doesn't mean that AMD sucks Ball(Unless you have a reference cooler) :D

AMD gives you The Best Bang for The Buck

It's Performance in a logical price point

Unlike how The TitanZ Gives you the Power of two 780ti's in the Price of three

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

I've always stuck with NVIDIA because they just work. You never have driver issues, you never have to wait for patches and updates in new games, they just work from the start. AMD is priced a lot more aggressively but they don't have the reliability that NVIDIA has. 

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Absolutely untrue. The Saphire R9 290x runs 10C cooler than the referance 780ti under load but that in no way makes it more reliable than nvidia LOL.

Absolutely untrue. The Saphire R9 290x runs 10C cooler than the referance 780ti under load but that in no way makes it more reliable than nvidia LOL.

The tri-x or vapor run that cool? That's a 20 degree improvement over reference 290x cooler. Impressive.

http://techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-r9-290x-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-review/10/

But It Doesn't mean that AMD sucks Ball(Unless you have a reference cooler) :D

AMD gives you The Best Bang for The Buck

It's Performance in a logical price point

Unlike how The TitanZ Gives you the Power of two 780ti's in the Price of three

It only runs a lot hotter because it has a worse reference cooler design. AMD's cards don't draw that much more power than their nvidia counterparts, and designs by Sapphire have proven that the heat is nothing that can't be handled.

If only you could slap a 290 ref cooler onto a 780 to see what happens :P

People who spoil alot of crap about AMD cards on this topic.

obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

I not even gonne botter, to go into discussions with those "Nvidia fan" guys.

Cause 95% of theire arguments are not true.

:D

Nvidia and AMD are both great.

Which is the best for you, is just a personal thing ;)

It only runs a lot hotter because it has a worse reference cooler design.

If only you could slap a 290 ref cooler onto a 780 to see what happens :P

Does the red paint make it run hotter?

nvidia-geforce-gtx-780ti_comparison.jpg

U know, that AMD card pulls air from the front too (next to the Radeon" word)? That AMD card has a way worse cooling design. Those 2 coolers don't work the same way and you can see it by the way that fan itself is done. From personal experience, that Nvidia is more efficient. 

CLOSE THIS THREAD ALL READY!? Why are we having this discussion OVER AND OVER AND OVER! It always end up with people being total idiots.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

hamlet-world-book-day.jpgtumblr_m3aywbeI5c1r62zy2.jpg

I guess according to your analogy that these must be the same too then hmm? I mean, both have pages, both were written by influential and to this day well-known authors, yet only one has red on the front, at least of the particular editions I have shown.

I guess according to your analogy that these must be the same too then hmm? I mean, both have pages, both were written by influential and to this day well-known authors, yet only one has red on the front, at least of the particular editions I have shown.

Yes, one is one of the most important political theories to ever be produced and the other is boring;-)

I dont know... I dont understand it either... I mean f.e. a 290x would outperform a 780ti any day in opencl rendering.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nvidia is better for the editing applications that they use, simple as that, if companies like adobe support the opencl(or was it opengl) from amd more then there could be competition.

As far as i know, Adobe fully integrated OpenCL, just like CUDA, maybe im mistaking

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

770 trades blows with the 280x, 750 ti trades blows with 260x. AMD only wins against the 780 and the 760.

280x will be about 50€ cheaper than a 770 and perform about the same (Some games better, some worse), i dont know anything about the 260x nor the 750ti...

As far as i know, Adobe fully integrated OpenCL, just like CUDA, maybe im mistaking

adobe are wierd, they allow opencl to be used only with firepro gpus unless you are on aftereffects then it allows it with all gpus.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is true. I think it might even be a bit faster than nvidia as well.

This is true. I think it might even be a bit faster than nvidia as well.

Well the fact that the r9 290x has like 1.5-1.7x of the compute performance of the 780ti,that should be the case.

Edit: Ok its not 1.5x, more like 1.2x but anyways :D