Building "bigger and better" - Speaker system for outdoors.

XzzDSA

A couple of my friends and I build a speaker system to use for the Roskilde Festival that just passed the last week. We had an awesome time, and the speakers sounded great!

Now we know though, that we want bigger, louder and better! :)
This is what this topic is for..

I've learned a bunch building the other system, and now know what I want for the new one:

4 woofers for MF's. (P.audio) Been using two of these so far.
1 dedicated sub for LF's. The P.audio that we've been using can't produce the really low LF's when turning up the volume, so that is what this is for. (I have no clue what to look for though, so help is certainly appreciated!).

1 new amp. The old one which was a Lepai LA-2020+ amplifier, sufficient for the system, though I know we need more power for running the additional woofers and sub.

Anything else I've learned about:

The system proberly needs active cooling - (a closed cabinet causes the amp to clip from overheating when turned up really loud over a longer time period.

The amp needs to be placed away so that it does not get damaged (The knobs gets loose as people hit them with their feet.)

Easy Access to the interior, especially for troubleshooting... 

So from this, we need a bigger cabinet to house everything... Also we proberly want some horns to boost the loudness of the whole system.

Any help with the choosing of components, how the cabinet should be constructed and the like, is much appreciated!.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I dunno what to tell you, because you're basically the pro by now.  ^_^

One new thing I've read about in Amazon Reviews on some Lepai amps - apparently the thermal paste is lacking in application (if it's there at all) on some models. You might wanna open your next one (or two) up and apply some CPU-grade thermal paste.

I dunno what to tell you, because you're basically the pro by now.  ^_^

One new thing I've read about in Amazon Reviews on some Lepai amps - apparently the thermal paste is lacking in application (if it's there at all) on some models. You might wanna open your next one (or two) up and apply some CPU-grade thermal paste.

I might have a look inside the next one..

Just not entirely sure what to look for.. Wether it being a ta2025 or whatever..

I did try to get the current one opened up.. It's incredibly difficult without ruining the knobs... I just end up bending the from plates, and the volume knob is still stuck so not entirely sure what to do... I'll have a picture for you later.

- Cool right?

I think you're supposed to unscrew all the screws, then pull the guts out via the knob(s).

Edit: here's some mods you may or may not want to do to improve amp performance: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?226235-Modding-the-Lepai-T2020A

I think you're supposed to unscrew all the screws, then pull the guts out via the knob(s).

Edit: here's some mods you may or may not want to do to improve amp performance: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?226235-Modding-the-Lepai-T2020A

Hmm.. would be cool to experiment with - I'm pretty sure though that I'll need something bigger and more powerful to power 5 woofers sufficiently.

- Cool right?