The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

I love this build and off the back of seeing your cables I've asked Sali at Shakmods to make me up some cables in white/red so looking forward to seeing what he's come up with  :D

OT: Talking of broadband speeds I'm getting 200Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up through the lovely BT fttp/h (fibre to the premises/home), downloading anything is pretty rapid except when I'm on a rubbish website. The everyday speeds tend to be 190 - 205Mb/s and worst I've seen is 130Mb/s down. If you're in an enabled area I'd definitely recommend it!

I love this build and off the back of seeing your cables I've asked Sali at Shakmods to make me up some cables in white/red so looking forward to seeing what he's come up with  :D

OT: Talking of broadband speeds I'm getting 200Mb/s down and 20Mb/s up through the lovely BT fttp/h (fibre to the premises/home), downloading anything is pretty rapid except when I'm on a rubbish website. The everyday speeds tend to be 190 - 205Mb/s and worst I've seen is 130Mb/s down. If you're in an enabled area I'd definitely recommend it!

I'd avoid his SATA cables tbh. They're woefully short. The rest though I am more than happy with tbh.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I'd avoid his SATA cables tbh. They're woefully short. The rest though I am more than happy with tbh.

That's ok then as I've only asked to see what he can do for me on a 24-pin and a couple of VGA cables as the sata's are all hidden enough not to bother.

Quick update.

So for the past few weeks I've been looking at this CPU on Ebay. I avoided it at first because I wasn't quite sure what it was. People need to be very careful when selling engineering samples. It's actually against the law.

This is the chip here.

cpu-1.jpg

So after a lot of digging I found this.

2133380zxtg29azemesrat.jpg

So it's basically an 8 core, 16 thread Ivy Bridge CPU. So that means PCIE 3, etc. It won't touch my 3970x but I paid £110 for it. It also consumes about 2/3 less power. Maybe not something for now, but, if the 8 core Haswell catches on and threading improves it's definitely one to have for the future. It's basically this here.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-xeon-e5-2640-v2-s-2011-8-core-20ghz-72gt-s-qpi-20mb-cache-95w-retail

Only I didn't pay £631.25 Inc VAT

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Quick update.

So for the past few weeks I've been looking at this CPU on Ebay. I avoided it at first because I wasn't quite sure what it was. People need to be very careful when selling engineering samples. It's actually against the law.

This is the chip here.

cpu-1.jpg

So after a lot of digging I found this.

2133380zxtg29azemesrat.jpg

So it's basically an 8 core, 16 thread Ivy Bridge CPU. So that means PCIE 3, etc. It won't touch my 3970x but I paid £110 for it. It also consumes about 2/3 less power. Maybe not something for now, but, if the 8 core Haswell catches on and threading improves it's definitely one to have for the future. It's basically this here.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-xeon-e5-2640-v2-s-2011-8-core-20ghz-72gt-s-qpi-20mb-cache-95w-retail

Only I didn't pay £631.25 Inc VAT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-E5-Xeon-QA89-8core-20mb-cache-2-1ghz-cpu-LGA2011-/221500899408?pt=UK_Computing_CPUs_Processors&hash=item33927b8050 just found this. doubt i can afford a 2011 mobo though, even though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-P9X79-PRO-LGA-2011-Socket-R-Intel-90-MIBH40-G0EAY00Z-Motherboard-/261538014371?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopMotherboards_CPUs_CA&hash=item3ce4e164a3. build a computer from used parts only :P

Steve

That's Sandybridge and not even in the same league dude.

Awww. I try :P just goona stick go my g3258

Steve

Silver anti kink coils for a nice futuristic look.

DSC09562_zps437048d7.jpg

OK so as I mentioned, I bought a 8 core Ivybridge CPU. Obviously it wouldn't touch my 3970x, but it was so god damn cheap I couldn't resist. What I was going to do was switch out the 3970x to bench the 8 core, to see what sort of games and apps wanted the cores.

However, after digging around on Amazon I found this.

mobo_zps99a4a689.jpg

And I couldn't resist. So basically I am going to build that board and the 8 core into the Dark Carnival rig.

OK so as I mentioned, I bought a 8 core Ivybridge CPU. Obviously it wouldn't touch my 3970x, but it was so god damn cheap I couldn't resist. What I was going to do was switch out the 3970x to bench the 8 core, to see what sort of games and apps wanted the cores.

However, after digging around on Amazon I found this.

And I couldn't resist. So basically I am going to build that board and the 8 core into the Dark Carnival rig.

God damn it. You're stealing all the good deals.

Edit: I've heard Gigabyte and ASUS boards are normally the only ones that seem to work with the engineering CPU's so you probably needed that board anyways.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Your build looks amazing! I love the whole black and purple theme, it's not something that you see often.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

God damn it. You're stealing all the good deals.

Edit: I've heard Gigabyte and ASUS boards are normally the only ones that seem to work with the engineering CPU's so you probably needed that board anyways.

Yeah I tell you what dude I have been lucky. Makes a change !! this time last year I bought a full set of Gelid extensions for my Alienware. The 24 pin was wired up wrong and literally melted the master plug on the 1200w PSU. Blew up the board, wrecked the loom. Took a lot of money and work to put that right !

I totally agree with you on the kink coils too. Last year I bought a set in red, only to find they were bloody pink and looked ridiculous. But this rig needs accents or it's just a sea of black :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys so it's time for an update. I've really been a bit under the weather of late. Rushing around doing a lot of other things has stopped me focusing.. Any way, here's what I got planned.

Today I was looking at ideas for the front, cue MNPCtech. I've never bought any of their products before due to the ludicrous prices but this I just had to have...

skullgrill.jpg

That will go in the front. I've also ordered an A3 sheet of purple acrylic and this..

carbon.jpg

First time I've ever bought genuine 3M. Will be interested to see how much better it is than the regular cheap shite I buy.. That stuff is to make GPU back plates. Still not settled on the actual design and finish but have plenty of options. Could be a combo of acrylic finish and Dinoc, or Dinoc on Dinoc (I gots purple).

Today I am going to tackle the Android phone. I've got all the bits.. Just feeling really lethargic atm.

More soon !

OK that's the phone panel completed. First I did all the measuring.

1.jpg

Then I had an idea.. If I photocopy the phone it will make everything easier..

2.jpg

Ahh yes, that's a good idea alright.

3.jpg

Then add adhesive tape to the back...

4.jpg

And stick the bugger on.

5.jpg

OK so I need three holes so I can use my touch pen to use the phone fully. First I took a hole gauge and found the correct bit.

6.jpg

And drilled it out.

7.jpg

And a short while later with the Dremel.

8.jpg

Cover and fit.

9.jpg

Jackpot.

10.jpg

OK so here's what I got up to last night.

IMG_0037.jpg

That's the front almost done now. I also wrapped the GPU fan panel.

IMG_0039.jpg

And with the fan on. Sadly this Iphone (I've misplaced my camera for the mo') does not see the LEDs as purple, more blue.

40.jpg

I'll get some night pics later and will hunt down my camera.

So pretty. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Thank you.

Got a knock on the door at 7:30 am, was the postman. After telling him he's having a laugh he handed my lady a nice big sheet of purple acrylic.

Now is the time to watch, as now all of the modding and cover panels are going to be made :)

The fun bit, basically.

Thank you.

Got a knock on the door at 7:30 am, was the postman. After telling him he's having a laugh he handed my lady a nice big sheet of purple acrylic.

Now is the time to watch, as now all of the modding and cover panels are going to be made :)

The fun bit, basically.

Oh gosh I'm excited.  :rolleyes:

Would this song be appropriate?

Was dancing so hard to that tune i smacked my hand off my case. My hand hurts. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III