Need CPU/Mobo

Hey I'm looking to replace my old 2600k and a asrock Mobo which died on me recently

Looking at a 4670k paired with a sabertooth z97 mk2

Reckon I'll get much performance improvement for gaming and general use? I do plan on some light overlooking BTW

Also what are some other considerations I should make

Get 4790K which is the best one for overclocking. 

I would get maximus vi extreme for overcloking. it can support 4790K after a bios update

Yes, that will be a performance increase. Maybe not notable in gaming tho.

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Cheers for the quick reply, sadly I'm not made of money like I was back in the day lol

Good to know it's not gonna be a hit to lose the hyperthreading, any ideas with regards to Mobo the most attractive thing about that Asus board is the durability and warranty to me

Get 4790K which is the best one for overclocking. 

I would get maximus vi extreme for overcloking. it can support 4790K after a bios update

Personly think a Z97 board would do better for the future.

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

You already have a plenty strong CPU. Unless you are doing tasks other than gaming that require a ton of CPU horsepower, don't upgrade.

If you have to get a mobo, stick with your current CPU and buy a replacement or same mobo. That CPU has plenty of life left in it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I just got my 4790K (look at my profile for full spec).

Asus Dual Intelligent Processors 5 OC'd it to 4.6Ghz automatically which I think is the same as a 4770K. I haven't tried to do it manually yet but judging by my experience and reviews...well, it really is just a 4770K with better thermal paste (My temps are Idle 35, max 80 deg. C).

Don't do it. It'S not worth it. The i5 4670k is not a lot stronger than your 2600k in single core to four core apllications and gets beaten in 5 to 8 core applications. 

Hey sorry for the slight necro, just dropping by to say that the CPU is sorta dead because of the accident im betting, and im not really in a position to spend the necesary money on a z68 board to test then have to buy an older CPU or return the board and wait forever.

Currently running on this pile of junk i threw together on the cheap to hold me over. 

Hey sorry for the slight necro, just dropping by to say that the CPU is sorta dead because of the accident im betting, and im not really in a position to spend the necesary money on a z68 board to test then have to buy an older CPU or return the board and wait forever.

Currently running on this pile of junk i threw together on the cheap to hold me over. 

In that case, I recommend going for either a Z87 + i5-4670k or Z97 and i5-4690k.

I'm quite partial to the Z97-A and if possible you should get the i5-4690k from Microcenter in-store, or using Staples.com Price Match(call or live chat) once it is released.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."