Silverstone releases their new slim case "FTZ01"

Sonefiler

3:11

Recently Tek Syndicate made a video touring Silverstone's new cases, and one popped out at me, the FTZ01.

It is very very slim, yet can fit full-size GPUs with a right-angle adapter.

computex-2014-silverstone-boitier-ftz01-

I see a lot of potential in this thing. It can work as a steambox, an in-home streaming computer OR an HTPC. Linus made a video before about a HTPC case by Silverstone which was smaller, but I think that this has come to kick it out. Wow!

As soon as I have enough money for my Steam In-home streaming / Steambox, I'm totally using this case.

What do you think? Is this the killer of Steambox cases? Is there a fatal flaw?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

It's the same case, it just has a unibody aluminium frame. iirc

nope. 

What is different about it?

nope.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

What is different about it?

Well, if you look at them, the front I/O is differently placed. The Power/Reset is differently placed. There is more space inside and can fit GPUs. The ML05, the one you're thinking of, has one expansion slot, this one has two. That allows GPUs, probably a short one like MSIs TF coolers.

Well, if you look at them, the front I/O is differently placed. The Power/Reset is differently placed. There is more space inside and can fit GPUs. The ML05, the one you're thinking of, has one expansion slot, this one has two.

That's not the one I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of this one.

Well, they needed something slimmer than the Raven anyway.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I like it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That's not the one I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of this one.

You're right, they're identical. Why would they just make the exact same case with different exterior?

You're right, they're identical. Why would they just make the exact same case with different exterior?

So that people with different tastes can get the same type of product. Also, it saves on r&d costs. Ex: the corsair 760t is a restyled 750d

So that people with different tastes can get the same type of product. Also, it saves on r&d costs. Ex: the corsair 760t is a restyled 750d

Yeah, the core of the Bitfenix prodigy is seen in like 7 different products with no regard for brand (sure it's the same "company" but aerocool and bitfenix does not give quite the same taste do they?)

I read the title and thought the op was supplying a link to the actual product page from silverstone... or links to buy it or something. I dont think silverstone has "released" the case yet.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

• 2 months later...

Would like to point out, kind late, the entire raven and fortress line is like that

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Would like to point out, kind late, the entire raven and fortress line is like that

you posted on a 2 month old thread

you posted on a 2 month old thread

K.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

K.

Can you not?

Can you not?

Too late.

This topic is of large interest to me, I love SilverStone.

Too late.

This topic is of large interest to me, I love SilverStone.

That doesn't mean you bump a 2 month old thread and break the CoC

That doesn't mean you bump a 2 month old thread and break the CoC

OK, well to late now