Steam controller delayed to 2015

Rafy

Now I can pick one up with my 880 :mellow:

lol is maxwell even scheduled to launch this year, I heard from a lot of rumored reviews the GM204/206 isn't out till 2015.

steam is taking forever >_> half life 3 confirmed xD

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Laim.

Lame*

/troll

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I spell it that way on purpose.

Lame*

/troll

Diamond 5 in League :)

I mean, I never got my hands on one but I can't imagine those touchpads being very accurate.  In terms of accuracy just browsing the internet, my trackpad has nothing on a mouse.  

Mouse>Joystick>Touchpad.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I spell it that way on purpose.

That's why I wrote /troll :P

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I mean, I never got my hands on one but I can't imagine those touchpads being very accurate.  In terms of accuracy just browsing the internet, my trackpad has nothing on a mouse.  

Mouse>Joystick>Touchpad.

I'm intrigued to try it though. I mean I hate joysticks as an input.

This is actually worrisome: Gamers might be used to Valve time but remember that no controller means that they're basically delaying all steam boxes as they described them in the licensing. Hardware manufacturers that were ready to go won't be happy about missing holiday season 2014, if they get cute and keep pushing it back they run the risk of loosing not only all their momentum but several key hardware partners.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is actually worrisome: Gamers might be used to Valve time but remember that no controller means that they're basically delaying all steam boxes as they described them in the licensing. Hardware manufacturers that were ready to go won't be happy about missing holiday season 2014, if they get cute and keep pushing it back they run the risk of loosing not only all their momentum but several key hardware partners.

I was under the impression that news just came out within the past few days that said the Steam Box was pushed back to 2015.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I don't mind waiting. The more we wait. The better it could get. But they might also have so problems so...

You know, I'm starting to like the idea of the steam controller more and more.

I think I levelled out. If they make it ergonomic and $40 or lower, I might get it when my 360 gamepade dies on me.

I completely forgot about the steam controller. I'm fine waiting another year for it, mainly because it's just a controller. My 360 controller is great, but this steam controller is just something new and exciting. Once available I need to place a pre-order before I forget again. 

Although I'm still not convinced this will be a better experience over analog sticks

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Probably going to be bundles with Half-Life 3. *Hoping Intensifies* 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard