Which in-ear headphones would you recommend?

Oke, I've had it with Sennheiser earphones! My third pair just died on me the exact same way the other two did. After 4 months, starting with the left earbud and then completely dying two days later. I don't treat my earphones bad at all. I always tuck em away nicely in the protective pouch when I'm not using them. I don't abuse em in any way whatsoever. Maybe I'm just crazy for thinking earphones should last at least a year with daily use.

Sennheiser's perform great when they're working. I'm not an audiophile and they meet my requirement of having decent highs, mids and lows for the mostly hip-hop, deep house and instrumentals that I listen to.

The performance is the only reason I'm on my third pair, I managed to convince myself twice that a more expensive model would last longer. I started with the MX 375, then went to the CX 175 and now theCX 200. I think it's time to start looking at other brands. Any recommendations?

Criteria:

< $100

Sweat/water resistant (I go to the gym 4 times a week)

Decent bass

Decent ambient noise blocking with the rubber fittings

Look good

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Sennheiser IE80

lol, he said less than 100

Edit: I haven't tried these but I've heard good things about the sound magic e10.

Jaybird bluebuds X

135$ on amazon right now.

Bluetooth.. So no cord berak worries.

Lifelong sweatproof warranty.

8 hours battery life.

Also with bluetooth.. U can keep ur phone somewhere nearby at the gym and be free of cables that may get tangled.

Sennheiser IE80

IE80's are not 100$

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I have a pair of earphones from htc which are the stereo earphone ones. Kinda cheap for to me. But it's alright bought mine from Amazon.co.uk.

I bought it for around 30 quid. Not quite waterproof but good audio quality and bass.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

sony MH-EX300AP

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

i have been using stock samsung headphones that came with my S4 for about a year now and still haven't broken and i use them everyday and just keep them in my pocket when not in use. Surprised a pair of Sennheisers broke after 4 months. and even if they did break, dont u have warranty on them??

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

i have been using stock samsung headphones that came with my S4 for about a year now and still haven't broken and i use them everyday and just keep them in my pocket when not in use. Surprised a pair of Sennheisers broke after 4 months. and even if they did break, dont u have warranty on them??

Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are.. Obviously Sennheiser has a very good reputation. A part of me even wants to try a 4th time and get the CX300's :P. Maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to earphones. I totally forgot that I still have those S4 earphones in the box, I'm gonna use them till I get a new pair. Thanks for reminding me.

lol, he said less than 100

Edit: I haven't tried these but I've heard good things about the sound magic e10.

They look great and sound like a steal at $35.

i personally am saving up money for the Jaybirds Bluebuds X, because they're wireless so the 3.5mm plug (which ALWAYS breaks, at least in my case, within like 3 months) isn't there :)

but if you don't want wireless, or you think the 135 of the Jaybirds is too much, i have some other recommendations:

Sennheiser cx300ii. cheap (like 30 bux) and the sound quality is just really good. they also seal VERY well.

or if you have a little more to spend and want in-line controls, i'd go with the Sennheiser cx400-ii Precision. they'll run you about a $45

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are.. Obviously Sennheiser has a very good reputation. A part of me even wants to try a 4th time and get the CX300's :P. Maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to earphones. I totally forgot that I still have those S4 earphones in the box, I'm gonna use them till I get a new pair. Thanks for reminding me.

Good luck with them then ;)

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

i personally am saving up money for the Jaybirds Bluebuds X, because they're wireless so the 3.5mm plug (which ALWAYS breaks, at least in my case, within like 3 months) isn't there :) but if you don't want wireless, or you think the 135 of the Jaybirds is too much, i have some other recommendations: Sennheiser cx300ii. cheap (like 30 bux) and the sound quality is just really good. they also seal VERY well. or if you have a little more to spend and want in-line controls, i'd go with the Sennheiser cx400-ii Precision. they'll run you about a $45

The Jaybirds look awesome and I love that they're wireless and sweatproof. The price is a bit on the steep side tho, but I'm definitely considering saving up for them too. I live in the Netherlands too, where'd you see em for 135? I'm only seeing them for 180 euros.

I would save up money for them, because i'm very good in breaking the cord that goes to the 3.5mm jack. so on the long run it'll be cheaper to go with the Jaybirds.

the only place to get em at about 124pounds (which is still €150 -.-) is amazon.co.uk.

At the apple store they're 180 and that seems to be the only store here in the Netherlands that sell the Jaybirds ;(

now i'd go with Amazon, Apple doesn't give you nay warranty's, so there's no point in buying them there.

here's the link to amazon and keep me updated about your choice etc if you can :}

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jaybird%20bluebuds%20x&sprefix=jaybi%2Caps%2C268&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ajaybird%20bluebuds%20x

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

I would save up money for them, because i'm very good in breaking the cord that goes to the 3.5mm jack. so on the long run it'll be cheaper to go with the Jaybirds.

the only place to get em at about 124pounds (which is still €150 -.-) is amazon.co.uk.

At the apple store they're 180 and that seems to be the only store here in the Netherlands that sell the Jaybirds ;(

now i'd go with Amazon, Apple doesn't give you nay warranty's, so there's no point in buying them there.

here's the link to amazon and keep me updated about your choice etc if you can :}

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jaybird%20bluebuds%20x&sprefix=jaybi%2Caps%2C268&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ajaybird%20bluebuds%20x

sorry for that double post, i'm having some issues with the ltt forums and buttons etc. My bad

sorry for that double post, i'm having some issues with the ltt forums and buttons etc. My bad

I think triple posting makes it worse....

well sorry man, i screwed up by double posting and i was trying to apologize for it. that's not too bad is it?

well sorry man, i screwed up by double posting and i was trying to apologize for it. that's not too bad is it?

Hey, no hard feelings.  :) I'm just saying, double posting happens all the time and it's not a big deal. Triple posting just to say sorry about double posting is just kind if silly.  ;)

@ShearMe o sorry i didn't know, as you can see i'm just a rookie right ;)

lol that's the perfect excuse for everything :D

I would save up money for them, because i'm very good in breaking the cord that goes to the 3.5mm jack. so on the long run it'll be cheaper to go with the Jaybirds. the only place to get em at about 124pounds (which is still €150 -.-) is amazon.co.uk. At the apple store they're 180 and that seems to be the only store here in the Netherlands that sell the Jaybirds ;( now i'd go with Amazon, Apple doesn't give you nay warranty's, so there's no point in buying them there. here's the link to amazon and keep me updated about your choice etc if you can :} http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jaybird%20bluebuds%20x&sprefix=jaybi%2Caps%2C268&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ajaybird%20bluebuds%20x

Thanks for the link! Hopefully I can fit them in my budget for next month. :)  

Hifiman RE400 or Shure SE215. I believe the Shures are a bit bassier but the hifiman are smaller so they might be better for running. 

These are the best in the price range of around $100. Really hard to beat with surprisingly solid build quality and highly regarded sound quality.  :)

Core i5 3470 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ | Kingston 8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz) | Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V LGA1155 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 2GB DirectCUII OC | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII | LITEON 24x DVD-RW | Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W | Xigmatek Midgard II Window | Logitech G100 Gaming Keyboard | LG 23" IPS234V | Edifier M1380 | Bravo Audio Ocean Tube Amp | Sennheiser HD600 | Sansa Clip+ | Yamaha EPH-100