DDR3 1866 MHz vs. DDR3 1600 MHz

Go to solution Solved by Faceman,

Is it wort it to buy Kingston's DDR3 RAM with 1866 MHz vs. 1600 MHz both of them are CL10.

If isn't can you advise me which should I buy?

For gaming, the standard is 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v.  For gaming, the speed of RAM is going to be very insignificant.

Here is how gaming with an Intel, Haswell is affected by RAM speed and timings.

<-- video done by Linus on this topic.

If you are dead set on some 1866Mhz RAM, here is a kit of 4GBx2, 1866Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v RAM for $72.  Very reasonably priced 1866Mhz RAM.

Is it wort it to buy Kingston's DDR3 RAM with 1866 MHz vs. 1600 MHz both of them are CL10.

The 1866 Mhz set will be better but only slightly. You'll most likely not notice the difference at all, just get the cheaper pair. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

What CPU are you using it for? If it is an APU, then yes, else, no, unless it is almost the same price.

What CPU are you using it for? If it is an APU, then yes, else, no, unless it is almost the same price.

CPU is AMD A6 6400K, and prices are very diffirent.

For gaming, the standard is 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v.  For gaming, the speed of RAM is going to be very insignificant.

Here is how gaming with an Intel, Haswell is affected by RAM speed and timings.

<-- video done by Linus on this topic.

If you are dead set on some 1866Mhz RAM, here is a kit of 4GBx2, 1866Mhz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5v RAM for $72.  Very reasonably priced 1866Mhz RAM.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

CPU is AMD A6 6400K, and prices are very diffirent.

For an APU, then yes you absolutely want the highest Mhz RAM you can afford. 2133Mhz would be a minimum I would say for APU. The timings also play into it.  For 2133Mhz, you want 9 CAS, for 2400Mhz you want 10.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If the prize diference is less than 10$ get the 1866 kit otherwise the 1600

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Just buy the cheapest kit you can find and overclock it to cl9 1600 or in case of an APU 1866 or 2133 at cl10.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

If its like $5 get the 1866mhz.  But the extra 266mhz doesnt make a big difference,