ssd 840evo at 72 Celcius

darkspeedy26
Go to solution Solved by darkspeedy26,

well, i just swapped the drives from place with each other, and the problem seems to be fixed. under the ssd (in its original place) there is the chipset (i guess atleast). maybe this gave more heat to the ssd than the hdd??? but whatever, temps are good, im feeling safe now, so i don't really care to much anymore. thank you guys for all the advice :)

current temps with swapped places:

IHnErQT.png

on xmg its website, you can configure everything in the lapop such as here: a504 (its the updated version of mine)

edit: so, was it my fault to choose the higher end ish cpu instead of lower end?

I don't think so. Have you tried cleaning the insides? Maybe its dusty or something.

I don't think so. Have you tried cleaning the insides? Maybe its dusty or something.

its not dusty at all (i opened it a week ago)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

ok, i wil swap the ssd and hdd places and check temps of them then, and/or put the ssd in my desktop, and see how it goes

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

ok, i wil swap the ssd and hdd places and check temps of them then, and/or put the ssd in my desktop, and see how it goes

Make sure you do a back up.

Make sure you do a back up.

yeah, i was planning to do that, thanks for the help so far guys ;)

Is it the Evo MPCIE Ina laptop... Well it probably is like getting hot from the other components heating up the whole laptop. This is why desktops are better, cooling wise at least.

Is it the Evo MPCIE Ina laptop... Well it probably is like getting hot from the other components heating up the whole laptop. This is why desktops are better, cooling wise at least.

its a regular sata connection (just as other regular drives)

update: these are my cpu and gpu temps after gaming (look at the maximum temps ofcoarse):

ma60D0i.png

Can you put it in a desktop and let it hang out in there for a while to see if it's a bad sensor?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Can you put it in a desktop and let it hang out in there for a while to see if it's a bad sensor?

yeah, ill check this weekend

yeah, ill check this weekend

Until then, don't really game. Another thing you could do is turn it off and let it sit for an hour (to make sure it's fully cooled) then turn it on and immediately oped CrystalDiskInfo.

BTW, in my netbook the CPU uses the keyboard heat shield as a heatsink and my EVO is right under it (although on the other side), and it reaches 47C MAX. And the CPU will be ticking along at 65-70C.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

well, i just swapped the drives from place with each other, and the problem seems to be fixed. under the ssd (in its original place) there is the chipset (i guess atleast). maybe this gave more heat to the ssd than the hdd??? but whatever, temps are good, im feeling safe now, so i don't really care to much anymore. thank you guys for all the advice :)

current temps with swapped places:

IHnErQT.png