How to increase airflow in the Shinobi XL case?

Go to solution Solved by Wtalk2,

Damn those were fast replies :D

The computer has not been build yet, but I am going to use the standard fans that are included: 1x 240mm front intake, 1x 240mm top exhaust and 1x 120mm rear exhaust. One problem there is with the case is that the front intake fan is somewhat blocked by the case, reducing the amount of air being drawn in.  

As for the GPU I will be using the ASUS geforce gtx 780, heres a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

As I said I have no experience in building computers, so unless modding is easy I would prefer some other solution :)

I would suggest you build the PC first with just the stock fans and see what kind of temperatures you get. The Asus GTX 780 has a very good cooler on it and should stay pretty cool, especially in such a big case.

Hey,

As the topic says, I want to increase the airflow in my Shinobi XL case, mostly considering the airflow around my GPU. I have read some reviews and while the case has very good airflow and cooling of the CPU, it seems as if it lacks a lot behind when it comes to the airflow and cooling of the GPU. So I was looking for an efficient and maybe easy solution to increase the airflow and the cooling of the GPU. This is the first time I am building a computer, so I have no experience but the one I have gotten by reading and watching videos on youtube.

Best regards

Gustav Klaschka

PS I am sorry if my english is poor, but it is a second language ;) 

what is your current fan set up with your case right now and what kind of fans do you have with it?

also what kind of GPU do you have? Reference or non-reference?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

If you don't mind modding the case a little you can drill holes to mount a 120mm or a 140mm fan on the left side panel of the case so that is intakes fresh air from the side of the case and blows it over the graphics card :) 

Like this: 

HAF_912_Left.JPG

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

The computer has not been build yet, but I am going to use the standard fans that are included: 1x 240mm front intake, 1x 240mm top exhaust and 1x 120mm rear exhaust. One problem there is with the case is that the front intake fan is somewhat blocked by the case, reducing the amount of air being drawn in.  

As for the GPU I will be using the ASUS geforce gtx 780, heres a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121779

As I said I have no experience in building computers, so unless modding is easy I would prefer some other solution :)

I would suggest you build the PC first with just the stock fans and see what kind of temperatures you get. The Asus GTX 780 has a very good cooler on it and should stay pretty cool, especially in such a big case.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Again thank you for the very fast reply. I will do as you say and see what temperatures I will get :)

Again thank you for the very fast reply. I will do as you say and see what temperatures I will get :)

No problem, glad I could help :)

PS: Welcome to the forum :D

My Current Build: