Gotta Help Me Decide

Guest Arshi

So, looking into buying my first tablet, I want to stat at the middle-top category for the get-go. 

I was thinking about the Samsung Tab 8.4. (Here on Amazon)

My Questions are;

1. Are their any other compelling options available for under $300-400? I would like the best, smooth experience,

as I am tired of lagging (behind) product. (My Needs needs being simple, media, pics, light games, surfing web)

2. If this is the best option, would you prefer black or white?

41MRk263VcL._AA300_.jpg41IyRA1llcL._AA300_.jpg

White. Try a nexus 7 or if you go with Samsung, Please, please, please (Did I mention please) install cyanogen mod.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I prefer the Nexus 7 flo, but mine had the infamous touch screen problems. Mine was from the first batch thou, bought it day one, so I don't know if that's fixed already. There are tons of ROMs for it if you like that.

I dont like the bezels on the nexus 7. I quite like my samsung tab, this is coming from someone where theres 11 tablets in the house. 4 apple, 1 lenovo, 1 samsung, and a nook. at my moms another 4 samsung. yeah, we have tablet issues here.

nexus is cheap and simple, but the bezels kill it for me. the samsung is really nice, but i do not like their UI very much. some people love it. I personally root it and customize. 

and the screen on that thing is going to be beautiful. 1600x2560 on 8.4, you will not see the individual pixels. 

I went from a black tablet to a white, and a black(ish) phone to a white phone. I perfer the dark colors. the bezels, watching at night, everything besides the screen just fades away and its amazing. 

my vote would be for the sammy. but root and try the roms.

Nexus 7. White, because black is too mainstream

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

I like the Nexus 7's bezels cause its easier to hold onto. And you can't beat the price for the specs inside.

I dont like the bezels on the nexus 7. I quite like my samsung tab, this is coming from someone where theres 11 tablets in the house. 4 apple, 1 lenovo, 1 samsung, and a nook. at my moms another 4 samsung. yeah, we have tablet issues here.

nexus is cheap and simple, but the bezels kill it for me. the samsung is really nice, but i do not like their UI very much. some people love it. I personally root it and customize. 

and the screen on that thing is going to be beautiful. 1600x2560 on 8.4, you will not see the individual pixels. 

I went from a black tablet to a white, and a black(ish) phone to a white phone. I perfer the dark colors. the bezels, watching at night, everything besides the screen just fades away and its amazing. 

my vote would be for the sammy. but root and try the roms.

I've had 2 Note 8 and I liked those tablets, but had to disable the capacitive buttons, they were driving crazy every time I used the tablet in landscape mode.

I've had 2 Note 8 and I liked those tablets, but had to disable the capacitive buttons, they were driving crazy every time I used the tablet in landscape mode.

really? i use my 7 inch almost exclusively in portrait unless watching a video. my 10 inch is always landscape though.

tablets feel so new its weird to have one thats "outdated"

Lg makes some nice looking tablets too, i believe. 

Thanks Guys, for all your posts. I am really looking for a larger entertainment house running kitkat. I heard the Tab 8.4 has some "laggy-like" issues with the magazine sometimes, but it seems to be the best options for my needs. Again, thanks for replying. 

Black, because it's not white.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I'd do a nexus 7 too. However the dell venu 8 pro can be compelling if you are wanting to get some work done while still having the form factor of a tablet.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

There's the iPad Mini though I'm guessing you don't want iOS. The only other similar tablet is the LG G Pad, it's a slightly slower processor than the Tab Pro 8.4 but it has a Google Play Edition (if you live in the US) so you can get the buttery stock Android experience and near instant updates to the new versions of Android. The LG skinned version has been going for drastic discounts right now and got updated to Kit Kat a few weeks ago.